I for one am glad that Akkad is nerfed.

RS219

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:
  Reveal hidden contents

RqBC0HA.jpg

AFAwPkn.jpg

QcHt1yt.jpg

CMW284B.jpg

I never said I want to level up my gear slowly. But I was actually playing the game while levelling my stuff fast.

So you think i didnt play the game? I have most of the stuff you can get. I'll just quote myself:

15 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

removing the cheese factor from one mission doesnt solve anything, it just pisses people off. The problem is not the beams in Akkad, the problem is that there are afk builds. But hey, balancing seems to be taboo in this game sadly.

Also, and this might get a bit off topic, but the game keeps adding layers of gring, so what is wrong with finding a way to do one of those layers fast.

3 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Oh, so... what, is the infested tileset a holy jerusalem that all new players absolutely have to jump in to quickly max their boosted/non-boosted gear? That's nonsense and you know it.

There are many other ways of leveling an item, and squatting in one mission until you unrank>30 it, possibly not even using it at all is not the right way. Sure, I understand some weapons are trash and an absolute pain to use (non-wrath Strun, Kama and all machetes in general etc. Give or take depending on the player's style) but it's not right to max a weapon without even at least getting a feel for it along the way.

You know it, and I know it.

I have 400+ forma applied to my arsenal. When Powerlvling gets hit, It makes it that much harder to continue trying to breath new life into weapons that require 4+ forma. Now, I'm not real affected in the way that they removed Akkad as a good farming location, it takes the same amount of time. HOWEVER, I run a spova to speed up the waves, as it takes balls as long when you need to run it 20ish times a day. When you hit a high enough tier, you expect weaponry, even non-top contenders, to be able to hold the mods you want. Every new weapon is more forma, which means more grinding. Now, I try to be regularly active and use my weapons, as A, it's just what you should do, and B, helps pump more Xp into em. 

Now, I'm not super broken up about loosing the rafters, although it is annoying if I need to adjust volume on a VOIC, message a buddy, or something, as the small crates strewn about are covered in mutalist tar the ENTIRE round ¬.¬, I'm more concerned that DE keeps hitting powerlvling spots, when we need the ability to rank up our weapons as vet players. 

16 minutes ago, ashrah said:

from rank 0 to rank 10 exactly 40.920 and 1.900.000+credits...good luck new players really

Primed mods are not really meant for new players. They're for veterans looking to get the most out of their multi-forma builds.

And I should point out that 40,920 Endo is ~512 packs of 80, which is the equivalent drop amount for the old R5s. Primed mods used to take 525 R5s to max out. Food for thought.

2 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

This is not always the case. In my experience Akkad was a great place to solo level Warframes that were unwelcomed in Draco. I would go for 35-40 waves atop those beams to grind as much experience as possible. The only exception to this being Ivara, who is far more easy to level in stealth runs.

Why would i whip out my shynthesis scanner, i dont really need anything from Simaris, and there are faster ways to get reputation for the other syndicates.

Most of this are unrewarding. Alerts are only worthwhile for alertium and cosmetics, and the ocational potato, so its not like i rely on those for xp. And seriously invasions? Most of the time they are "use your best area dps warframe and rush the mission", some teamplay. I dont like the repetition of Draco or Bere or wherever, but its not like the game is offering much else at this moment.

Well seems as much my problem as your is accepting that some people whant to level up stuff quick.

Pure credits defense/intercept alerts are even fine for leveling, I get PuG groups all the time there. At least, I speak for myself in this scenario. And you're only looking at the end-mission offering, you forget that alot of other things will drop in the mission; mods, resources, fusion energy, and now possibly even Ayaten stars.

Keeping Simaris rep topped off is a good idea, you never know if you need to buy something in a pinch. For me I'm always buying the V polarity cores - always trying to strike gold with a random transmutation.

I have no problem with leveling up quick, and I do that all the time. I have a problem with people leveling up lazily and leeching off the resources others worked to drop, like that Equinox in that defense mission I was in. There is a noticeable line between lazy and quick, you just need to pay attention to where it is.

1 minute ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

where did you get saltiness? lol did you see me saying anything angry bruh? but anyway. no if you speed lvling a weapon you aren't going to just assume it's junk. See what you are doing is trying to assume what other player are going to think. but not all people think like this and obviously you didn't understand that from my op. As i said. Skill of a weapon doesn't come from how fast you lvled a weapon. it comes from play with that weapon hours and hours on after you have put mods and forma into a weapon and play some hard missions with it. 

As a mute I can read anger in writing your wording is giving off a angry tone....Alright reason 2 . mastery ranks give points for mods now they want you to earn those points not just hand them to you

mastery ranks should show hard work not how long you can stand on a crate

You can always buy a affinity booster are wait for a affinity boosted weekend

4 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

So you think i didnt play the game? I have most of the stuff you can get. I'll just quote myself:

removing the cheese factor from one mission doesnt solve anything, it just pisses people off. The problem is not the beams in Akkad, the problem is that there are afk builds. But hey, balancing seems to be taboo in this game sadly.

Wait, I didn't say DE are doing the right thing by nerfing nodes so everyone gets nothing, not only leechers. I just said why they are doing it.

5 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

Every new weapon is more forma, which means more grinding.

This and..

5 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

Now, I'm not super broken up about loosing the rafters, although it is annoying if I need to adjust volume on a VOIC, message a buddy, or something, as the small crates strewn about are covered in mutalist tar the ENTIRE round ¬.¬, I'm more concerned that DE keeps hitting powerlvling spots, when we need the ability to rank up our weapons as vet players. 

..This.

Instead of balancing the game and dealing with powercreep, DE nerfs powerleveling places. This solves nothing, it just adds more grind to the game, and we already have plenty of that, but DE keeps adding more.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Itz chibi said:

As a mute I can read anger in writing your wording is giving off a angry tone

lol you're funny mate. rofl. i'm just sitting here trying to have a serious discussion and I guess because i have some solid reasoning to my opinion you want to say i'm angry i guess. I have no reason to get mad at a person over some words or a computer screen lol. Just trying to be real dude. I wouldn't be suprised though. it's been shown in studies that people tend to misconstrue things people say on the Internet and take it the wrong way. 

Edited by -CM-DarkSyndrome

Just now, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

lol you're funny mate. rofl. i'm just sitting here trying to have a serious discussion and I guess because i have some solid reasoning to my opinion you want to say i'm angry i guess. I have no reason to get mad at a person over some words or a computer screen lol. Just trying to be real dude.

What did that have to do with the discussion? sigh

I hit the point ages ago I lvl weapons as I play lvls way less boring. Those who were leeching were the worst I dealt with it first hand.....

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Itz chibi said:
1 minute ago, (XB1)Itz chibi said:

What did that have to do with the discussion? sigh

As a mute I can read anger in writing your wording is giving off a angry tone

What did you being a mute and for some reason getting anger from my post have to do with the discussion. You are so contradicting right now lol.

19 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Pure credits defense/intercept alerts are even fine for leveling, I get PuG groups all the time there. At least, I speak for myself in this scenario. And you're only looking at the end-mission offering, you forget that alot of other things will drop in the mission; mods, resources, fusion energy, and now possibly even Ayaten stars.

I dont really mind playing with pugs, i always went to Akkad in either Public, or Solo. And its not like credits are a problem for a veteran, even for a mid game player credits are not a problem, that is why DE charges exorbitant amounts of credits for some ridiculous transactions. And speaking for myself, im sick and tired of endless grind so i dont care about ayaten, i dont need mods, and i go with specific squads to get the most resources i can. If that is endgame.. well then im screwed i guess...

Keeping Simaris rep topped off is a good idea, you never know if you need to buy something in a pinch. For me I'm always buying the V polarity cores - always trying to strike gold with a random transmutation.

Its not like its hard to farm Simaris rep if and when he brings something new. So unless you buy trasnmutation cores its pretty useless to farm his rep.

I have no problem with leveling up quick, and I do that all the time. I have a problem with people leveling up lazily and leeching off the resources others worked to drop, like that Equinox in that defense mission I was in. There is a noticeable line between lazy and quick, you just need to pay attention to where it is.

We should make a distiction here, an AFK dps is not a leecher, he is doing something, even if you dont like it. Another thing is the leecher that camps a corner doing nothing except collect the loot. But the problem is not the people being lazy, is DE refusing to address the problem of powercreep in some warframes. Your same issue with those players in Akkad, could be said of embers in exterminate missions with WoF, or Ash BS.

Edited by John89brensen

Just now, (XB1)Itz chibi said:

You asked why so I answered....This is not the place for Arguing any further posts I will ignore

So what you are saying is, you can answer me with something that has nothing to do with the discussion but i can't. Alright I get it. you must be one of those people who think they know all and must always be correct.

In the original post: It was stated that it was a problem for people to be doing what they want while you play and kill things in akkad. Now, before I have never done akkad in the past, I used to do Sechura because it was the same thing, bigger maps at random, but there was the primary bonus affinity gains, and the kill gains, amounting to 55% instead of what little Akkad gives.

Done Draco, done Berehynia, don't like it. So I went to try out Akkad and level my unranked Nekros Prime, Unranked Titania, and level 22 Vauban Prime that I have just left all of them sit because I didn't want to play any of them.

Akkad: Turned out to be pretty decent, pretty simple and rather lax. I just went in and dominated the entire thing with Orthos Prime, top kills, top damage, all with an unranked frame. Sporting Primed Flow and Quick Thinking, a tanky frame for 20 waves, and you know what people did? Most of them tried to kill things too but it's hard when you have someone dominating the kills with a Melee of all things, so some did afk, but not clear up top, they did that right near the pod because what else could ya do?

What I want to know in all of these posts of everyone trying to say things and make the people look bad, who can't do anything but afk. Why are you trying to make them look like such bad people?

Majority of the games I played, I dominated the entire thing with Orthos Prime solely. Giving no room for many of them to take part in, they all did try. Most of them with a tonkor but, they tried. And here you are, trying to tell people how to play their game. How to use their weapons, and how to level things.

You're telling players how to enjoy their time in a game, meant for entertainment... I enjoyed dominating over the infested with Orthos, no one complained. Plus Akkad has bonus affinity for melee kills.

Everyone will stand aside while the person who is doing it all, continues because if your weapons are too slow to match his, you can't do much but save your wrests from carpal.

Akkad is not nerfed, just stinks a lot less according to red text.

All of you need to stop trying to tell people how to play, who will never even read this.

Edited by Alcatraz

4 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

snip

I think part of the problem op mentions is the use of afk builds and just camp the rafters that were atop the cryopod. 

So i'll keep insisting that the problem is DE releasing afk content (and all other forms of powercreep) then nerfing other content once players find a way to exploit it. 

7 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

I think part of the problem op mentions is the use of afk builds and just camp the rafters that were atop the cryopod. 

So i'll keep insisting that the problem is DE releasing afk content (and all other forms of powercreep) then nerfing other content once players find a way to exploit it. 

But according to the original post, it was an equinox doing nothing up there, when he was below trying to keep the cryopod alive by killing the infested without his help. Did not mention the equinox even used maim. Just loot and sit. That is not power creep, nothing to do with it. Just afk on top of something, that is now removed.

But the DEvs have continued to try and remove such things from the maps that people afk on. Infested can now get onto pretty much everything, and they are removing the objects they cannot get on. So... what?

Edited by Alcatraz

4 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

But the DEvs have continued to try and remove such things from the maps that people afk on. Infested can now get onto pretty much everything, and they are removing the objects they cannot get on. So... what?

If you remember they did the same with the columns in ODD, used to be you could get yourself all the way to the top. 

Well i did assume that Equinox was using maim. Otherwise he is just a regular leecher. Of those there is plenty in the game, nothing to do about it really, perhaps giving us friendly fire on afk players.

In any case i dont think DE removed the beams just because of some leechers. This was done for the other players, the guys that do power leveling, like me. I dont really see the problem with Akkad, it was not as rewarding as Draco (nowhere even close). You had to put quite a few waves to max out your gear. 

No, that's just mean and rude to have friendly fire to kill someone. You wouldn't like it, others do not deserve that just because they don't participate in killing everything.

It is far nicer to help out someone by helping him level up, even if he's not doing anything. In other games we power leveled 7 other players just for the loot the game dropped. It was not shared like warframe is, so it was good for us, good for them in terms of exp. Warframe used to not be shared drops, not shared artifacts way back, so it was hard. Much easier now, and you're doing it for the loot too yourself, and the affinity to weapons, and you're also leeching off of them as well as them off of you. Without people in game, you wouldn't get a shared affinity throughout all of your weapons, then you'd have to manually level each and every weapon up individually.

So you're both doing each other a service. Doesn't matter who gets the kills, the affinity is usually near the same for all.

1 minute ago, Alcatraz said:

No, that's just mean and rude to have friendly fire to kill someone. You wouldn't like it, others do not deserve that just because they don't participate in killing everything.

Well i mean like if for 4 minutes you just sit camping in a corner, then you are a free  target :P

1 minute ago, Alcatraz said:

And then lose your affinity because they have affinity loss for reviving, everyone rushes to forums to complain, an uproar is staged and the crowd goes crazy and riots. Little dramatic I know, but you get my point as to why not. Keep thinking there buddy ;)

I know, but you cant please everyone. Besides, shooting leechers, nothing really bad there :P

10 hours ago, John89brensen said:

What is so wrong with wanting to level up gear fast? Putting one forma and leveling up the gear from scratch, sure, it takes time, but its not unreasonable. But when you want to fit 4 forma in your gear you dont want to spend a week leveling up the same thing over and over and over again.

What is "wrong" is that the mission was not designed that way. 

One mate used to make Trackmania tracks, then give them to me to test out, and I used to try and break them. He once sent me a track and I told him my time was 40 odd seconds on a 1.30 minute track so he wanted my ghost. He watched me slam into a side curb, flip through the air, and fly ... straight to the exit. When I go the track next time, he actually had put in extra waypoints.

If you "make something" with the expectation that it needs to be played in a certain way, you won't want people bypassing most of it. You are not given missions and then ALSO the permission to break them, you are given missions so that if you DO break them, DE can fix them in future updates.