[DE]Rebecca

Sept 24. Weekend Connectivity Issues.

5 hours ago, IcyLeviathan said:

I was not actually affected by these connectivity issues, but I do want to say something that not many people are saying: thank you, DE. From what I've read on this thread, a lot of people are feeling entitled to compensation and are accusing DE of neglecting the issue.  The fact of the matter is, DE doesn't have to give anyone compensation, or explain why it took them the amount of time it did to fix the problem.  Frankly, DE doesn't have to let us play this game for free, either.  Be grateful that you get to play a game like Warframe for free.

Actually, that's not necessarily true. While most of us play for free, and it's awesome that we can, any game needs it's player base to "live on". If you don't keep the community "happy", a lot of people start quitting, and less players = less reasons for people to invest real money in the game. Take for example Runescape, after their EoC update a LOT of people quit the game (P2P and F2P), which in the end is detrimental for the company that owns the game (Jagex in my example, DE here). So while i agree that it's not right to demand for "compensation" from DE, i do agree with the people that complained about the lack of communication that DE had with us during the downtime.

Cheers!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, IcyLeviathan said:

I was not actually affected by these connectivity issues, but I do want to say something that not many people are saying: thank you, DE. From what I've read on this thread, a lot of people are feeling entitled to compensation and are accusing DE of neglecting the issue.  The fact of the matter is, DE doesn't have to give anyone compensation, or explain why it took them the amount of time it did to fix the problem.  Frankly, DE doesn't have to let us play this game for free, either.  Be grateful that you get to play a game like Warframe for free.

Listen up, a lot of people seem to think that calling people "entitled" just wins the argument, or makes their position more valid. Well, they're wrong and so are you here.

Us asking for compensation is NOT demanding, it is NOT us feeling "entitled" either. The game practically died and was unplayable FOR DAYS, with some entire regions being unable to even login. On top of that during the Baro + Acolytes showing up, so, those of us affected were doubly screwed over due to something out of our control. Most of us asking for, not demanding, compensation just want a redo this coming weekend. That's it.

Mr. "I was not affected by these issues but have an opinion anyway"

Edited by (XB1)TexasBotHurt
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, IcyLeviathan said:

No, no just... no.

You are showing how very little you know about the f2p model with your misguided superior attitude. This is extremely simple, DE offers a product to us, and we choose to consume said product based on the type of support and delivery we receive. DE is NOT giving us a free game out of the kindness of their hearts, they do because they need an extensive playerbase to keep the game going. Paying and non-paying players have the same very basic right should they choose to consume the product, and that right is to be delivered the product as advertised. And you tell me, was a whole weekend offline advertised as a part of the product? I guess not. But what was indeed advertised was the posibility to trade with Baro. Many of us could not do it, and we simply want the chance they promised us. I don't see anyone being harsh or demanding about this, we are just asking.

You would not be in your pedestal if it was your weekend of gaming that got wasted.

• Upvote 3

On September 25, 2016 at 6:33 PM, PraetorGix said:

Next week? He better comes tomorrow with the same stuff...

I appreciate all of you targeting me for saying that quotes like this are "entitled".  Clearly, politely asking is not being entitled.  But when people are saying things like "hope you do the right thing" over compensating them for missing out on a mod?! You can't say that that isn't a little extreme and entitled.  That was my point.  We have rights as consumers, yes. But we have no right to determine what's the "right thing" for anyone to do, even game companies.  Not only that, but there seems to be a fair amount of blame being placed on Rebecca, aka Lotus, who is the literal face of Warframe.  One person did not maliciously take away your Baro and Acolyte weekend, especially the person who is keeping you apprised of the situation.

• Upvote 1

It seems to be back for another round

Edit:

Threw me back to login.

After multiple long login verifications (~1 min each) with several warnings in between, finally got in.

Did a mission and helios completly lost access to codex database of my character and started going nuts scanning everything.

Edited by Neouni
  • Upvote 3

i can't even update the game in the luancher, anyone else has the same issue? i'm not sure if my problem is related to connectivity or if it's just me

Well I'm sorry I don't share the same gratefulness as almost everyone else on here, these issues have been going on for almost a week now, it's been very frustrating to say the least, and most of my friends have already basically quit playing Warframe and moved on to some other game, if it's not fixed in a day or two I'll be going to some other game with minimal or no issues as well...for as long as I've been playing there's always been connection issues especially with certain people. Yet we can play any other game and it's fine. For as much as DE makes off of this "free to play game" (Myself and everyone I know have spent far more on this game than any other we've ever played), there shouldn't be half the issues there is at the best of times! Hope DE gets it together sooner rather than later.

7 hours ago, IcyLeviathan said:

I appreciate all of you targeting me for saying that quotes like this are "entitled".  Clearly, politely asking is not being entitled.  But when people are saying things like "hope you do the right thing" over compensating them for missing out on a mod?! You can't say that that isn't a little extreme and entitled.  That was my point.  We have rights as consumers, yes. But we have no right to determine what's the "right thing" for anyone to do, even game companies.  Not only that, but there seems to be a fair amount of blame being placed on Rebecca, aka Lotus, who is the literal face of Warframe.  One person did not maliciously take away your Baro and Acolyte weekend, especially the person who is keeping you apprised of the situation.

So if you agree that we have consumer rights then why you contradict yourself by saying we have no right to determine what would be the right compensation for this mess? It's quite simple and I already said it. We missed on an advertised feature of this product. The correct and right compensation is to receive that very same feature we missed on. Baro and the event on the consoles have to be back as soon as the connection issues are solved. This is not opinion, is what we are expected to receive as customers. It is our right as you said. And not one comment in this thread is pointing at Rebecca, don't try to make us look as evil children just to push your point.

PS4 player and like everyone else lost the ability to farm for the Acolytes event =( Appreciate the notification about the problems, but doesn't help with something you limit us too as players.

13 hours ago, IcyLeviathan said:

1) You said something stupid and we called you on it, boohoo, do you need a "safe-space"?

2) You even admitted that you were not affected by the issues this weekend, but decided to share your opinion anyway. That is also something stupid to do. For example I've never eaten chocolate icecream (I have btw) but in my opinion it tastes like butt (how the heck would I know what it's like?).

3) You showed one example that was clearly said in jest, it's a joke. Nobody was really demanding or being entitled.

4) The fact is Warframe is bleeding players right now to other games. It's undeniable at the point, many players feel slighted against, fed-up, or are exhausted from running missions and being denied GREAT rewards. Imagine running Torment ALL NIGHT 50+ runs, and then Argon Scope drops annnnnnnd "Network Not Connecting" -> "You've Been Returned to The Main Menu"

OR

4a) Imagine farming Ducats/Credits for Baro all week and then because you have work, wife, kids, life, you were unable to buy his goods before the network crashed for your region. Or completely unable to farm Acolytes for EVENT ONLY mods.

If anyone here is acting like an "entitled" little-squirt, it's you bud. Because you feel so entitled to share your stupid baseless opinion when you haven't gone through what we've been through. And no, I'm not gonna be nice about telling you to eff-off.

"THE DEMANDS"

- Bring back Acolytes ASAP

- Bring back Baro this weekend, same stock.

Nobody is asking for "freebies"

Edited by (XB1)TexasBotHurt
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, (XB1)TexasBotHurt said:

1) You said something stupid and we called you on it, boohoo, do you need a "safe-space"?

2) You even admitted that you were not affected by the issues this weekend, but decided to share your opinion anyway. That is also something stupid to do. For example I've never eaten chocolate icecream (I have btw) but in my opinion it tastes like butt (how the heck would I know what it's like?).

3) You showed one example that was clearly said in jest, it's a joke. Nobody was really demanding or being entitled.

4) The fact is Warframe is bleeding players right now to other games. It's undeniable at the point, many players feel slighted against, fed-up, or are exhausted from running missions and being denied GREAT rewards. Imagine running Torment ALL NIGHT 50+ runs, and then Argon Scope drops annnnnnnd "Network Not Connecting" -> "You've Been Returned to The Main Menu"

OR

4a) Imagine farming Ducats/Credits for Baro all week and then because you have work, wife, kids, life, you were unable to buy his goods before the network crashed for your region. Or completely unable to farm Acolytes for EVENT ONLY mods.

If anyone here is acting like an "entitled" little-squirt, it's you bud. Because you feel so entitled to share your stupid baseless opinion when you haven't gone through what we've been through. And no, I'm not gonna be nice about telling you to eff-off.

"THE DEMANDS"

- Bring back Acolytes ASAP

- Bring back Baro this weekend, same stock.

Nobody is asking for "freebies"

1) My entire original goal was a two-part one: to serve as a meat shield so DE didn't have to keep seeing more comments about compensation directed at them, as well as share my opinion that some people sounded entitled.  By maintaining this argument, you are just helping me reach my goal.  So, again, thank you for targeting me.

2) While I wasn't affected by this weekend's issues, I have been affected by issues previously.  I know what it is like to miss a Daily Tribute, or a sale, or even to miss the Acolytes.  But I never demanded compensation.  I simply decided to wait for the next time stuff would roll around. (LOVE the ice cream example, by the way)

3) Perhaps I misread that comment.  I simply read it as an entitled demand, not a joke.  Perception is everything, communication is a two-way street, blah-blah-blah.

4) I don't have to imagine these situations, because I've experienced situations like these.  Cosmetic helmets for Warframes I like suddenly are lost because of network issues for a second? Been there.  Can't finish a Fomorian event because of game crashes? Done that.  I simply choose to see this as what it is: a game that will cycle the rewards back around some other time.  And, for every player who leaves, new and old players are coming back to Warframe.  Stop making it sound like DE and Warframe are almost dead in the water.

I invite you to respond as politely or as crudely as you desire.  Not like I expected you to apologize for your choice words anyway.  Simple suggestion to end all this: add a new word to your demands: "please".

1 minute ago, IcyLeviathan said:

1) My entire original goal was a two-part one: to serve as a meat shield so DE didn't have to keep seeing more comments about compensation directed at them, as well as share my opinion that some people sounded entitled.  By maintaining this argument, you are just helping me reach my goal.  So, again, thank you for targeting me.

2) While I wasn't affected by this weekend's issues, I have been affected by issues previously.  I know what it is like to miss a Daily Tribute, or a sale, or even to miss the Acolytes.  But I never demanded compensation.  I simply decided to wait for the next time stuff would roll around. (LOVE the ice cream example, by the way)

3) Perhaps I misread that comment.  I simply read it as an entitled demand, not a joke.  Perception is everything, communication is a two-way street, blah-blah-blah.

4) I don't have to imagine these situations, because I've experienced situations like these.  Cosmetic helmets for Warframes I like suddenly are lost because of network issues for a second? Been there.  Can't finish a Fomorian event because of game crashes? Done that.  I simply choose to see this as what it is: a game that will cycle the rewards back around some other time.  And, for every player who leaves, new and old players are coming back to Warframe.  Stop making it sound like DE and Warframe are almost dead in the water.

I invite you to respond as politely or as crudely as you desire.  Not like I expected you to apologize for your choice words anyway.  Simple suggestion to end all this: add a new word to your demands: "please".

1) You wouldn't even HAVE to be a "meat shield", you stirred the pot, aka YOU ARE A GIANT TROLL

2) I don't have to say "Please" before a request. I'm the consumer. In the "Real World, kiddo it goes like this...

- Customer: I was unable to connect this weekend for Baro or Acolyte Event. Can you bring them back next weekend? Since you know... it was YOUR fault I couldn't connect. (**true statement, true facts, reasonable request from 1000s of dedicated fans**)

- DE: Uhhh we're sorry for the server issues you 1000s of loyal customers who sign our paychecks, have had this weekend. But... no we're not bringing them back as compensation for OUR servers going potato.

- Customers: Hmmmm ok, "OH LOOK!! Fallout 4 Nuka World DLC!! Destiny Rise of Iron!! XCOM 2!! **(___insert_any_new_game___)** BYE see ya whenever I get bored of other games

- DE: ***sigh***

13 minutes ago, (XB1)TexasBotHurt said:

1) You wouldn't even HAVE to be a "meat shield", you stirred the pot, aka YOU ARE A GIANT TROLL

2) I don't have to say "Please" before a request. I'm the consumer. In the "Real World, kiddo it goes like this...

- Customer: I was unable to connect this weekend for Baro or Acolyte Event. Can you bring them back next weekend? Since you know... it was YOUR fault I couldn't connect. (**true statement, true facts, reasonable request from 1000s of dedicated fans**)

- DE: Uhhh we're sorry for the server issues you 1000s of loyal customers who sign our paychecks, have had this weekend. But... no we're not bringing them back as compensation for OUR servers going potato.

- Customers: Hmmmm ok, "OH LOOK!! Fallout 4 Nuka World DLC!! Destiny Rise of Iron!! XCOM 2!! **(___insert_any_new_game___)** BYE see ya whenever I get bored of other games

- DE: ***sigh***

1) Call me what you will, but when you are self-censoring your "cluster" phrases, it's getting out of hand, in my opinion.  Not only that, but you were the one who admitted that it might be "out of line" to expect some "DE 'love' aka compensation".  My, how quickly you changed your own opinion to argue with me.

2) I'll give you this: you don't have to say "please" as a consumer.  However, as civil human beings, we should extend the same courtesy to companies as adult consumers as we do to our parents as children.  Also, no where in this thread has DE said "No, we won't give you compensation."  Based on the comments not involved in this argument, the issue is still occurring, so they are still working on it before talking about the possibility of compensation.

Now then, I have no obligation to say "please" in this heated discussion, but I will, since I am a civilized adult.  PLEASE respond with your next defense of your "non-entitled entitlement".  This has become a new game for me.