Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma to MR level

(PSN)mmcareen

Hello,

So originally DE said about when you claim or forma a weapon it being at the level or whatever MR you were at, but just change it to only the mod capacity, little disappointed but still a good move on their part.  I assumed it was to prevent any mastery point bugs from happening.  But I was thinking, what if we found a happen medium between the two systems?  What if, when we claimed a weapon, it would start at zero with mod capacity, but when we forma it, it starts at our MR22.  Would still have to level it up the first time, but would make putting forma into stuff a little quicker

24 minutes ago, Nazzami said:

Why? I don't see how this would be a improvement to what we already have.

It would be a improvement because after I leveled up a weapon from 0 to 30, when I forma'd it, it would start at rank 22 because I'm MR 22.  So then I only need to get 8 levels before I would forma it again, instead of 30 levels.

24 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

I don't think they will make a change like this. Peoples play less and leave the game left and right. This would just lead to furher drop in playtime. Xd

It may case some people to leave, but not too many I don't think, if that was the case then those people are going to leave anyways.  Play the game to forma their weapons and leave when done?  I think more likely it would case people to forma weapons they wouldn't normally forma to give them a try because its not as much work to see if its good or fun or not.  I have 60 sometime formas, and there are a few weapons I wouldn't mind formaing and trying out but wouldn't because it takes too long to forma and level back up.  Got other stuff to do.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

It would be a improvement because after I leveled up a weapon from 0 to 30, when I forma'd it, it would start at rank 22 because I'm MR 22.  So then I only need to get 8 levels before I would forma it again, instead of 30 levels.

But it already does that for both forma/ unforma weapons so what would be gained by removing from weapons that have no forma from what we already ready have.

Just now, Nazzami said:

But it already does that for both forma/ unforma weapons so what would be gained by removing from weapons that have no forma from what we already ready have.

no it doesn't, it gives you the mod capacity but not the level.  so after I forma something, it goes back to level 0, I can equip mods AS IF it's level 22, but its not.  What I am suggestion, is unforma weapons work the same, 0 to 30, but when you forma something, the actual level of the weapon goes to whatever MR you are, not just the mod cap.  So after putting a forma in the weapon is at level 22, so the first level it gains would make it a level 23.  Unlike now, when after putting a forma in still puts it back down to level 0

3 minutes ago, Nazzami said:

He's talking about setting the weapon's actual level to MR, not just mod capacity. So if you're MR22, and you forma a weapon, the weapon resets to level 22 and you only have to gain 8 levels to get it to 30.

6 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

He's talking about setting the weapon's actual level to MR, not just mod capacity. So if you're MR22, and you forma a weapon, the weapon resets to level 22 and you only have to gain 8 levels to get it to 30.

And thats the problem. Current system works as DE wants it to work.

Your suggestion just breaks the format, of actually mastering frames/weapons by shortcutting ranks.

Now, if it was after your 3rd or 4th Forma, sure, by then you know for sure if your frame/weapon is a keeper or burn trying.

8 hours ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

It may case some people to leave, but not too many I don't think, if that was the case then those people are going to leave anyways.  Play the game to forma their weapons and leave when done?  I think more likely it would case people to forma weapons they wouldn't normally forma to give them a try because its not as much work to see if its good or fun or not.  I have 60 sometime formas, and there are a few weapons I wouldn't mind formaing and trying out but wouldn't because it takes too long to forma and level back up.  Got other stuff to do.

I mean ... peoples already play less and less and most of them leave... dude l2 read...

8 hours ago, motorfirebox said:
3 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

I mean ... peoples already play less and less and most of them leave... dude l2 read...

learn to read?  I can read just find thank you.  You can said people play less and leave left and right.  Unless you mean people will play less if they made this change?  Your statement was a little unclear.  If that was the case, I still don't agree with you as I doubt anyone is playing this game just forma there weapons.  If they are, they will stop planning anyways.  Before you tell someone to learn to read, you might want to be a little clearer on what you are trying to say.

Based on the title I kinda hoped you were meaning "make my forma in weapons count towards MR" which i'd be all for, given that my MR is low cus I spend my time formaing and releveling stuff. The proposed change here though.. I feel is rather.. pointless, it's still only 1-2 runs to max level a weapon in a good farm so I don't see it as really necessary to put DE's resources into fixing a system that works fine rather than completing TWW or whatever side projects they have (-crosses fingers for damage 3.0-)

10 hours ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

no it doesn't, it gives you the mod capacity but not the level.  so after I forma something, it goes back to level 0, I can equip mods AS IF it's level 22, but its not.  What I am suggestion, is unforma weapons work the same, 0 to 30, but when you forma something, the actual level of the weapon goes to whatever MR you are, not just the mod cap.  So after putting a forma in the weapon is at level 22, so the first level it gains would make it a level 23.  Unlike now, when after putting a forma in still puts it back down to level 0

No.

This game is easy enough as it is. It takes a handful of runs already to max weapons if you know what you are doing and where to go - which should also NOT be possible - so I fail to see why it should be made even more trivial.

How should I put this.... They won't do this or anything like it because they want you to play, even if it is tedious and painful to do something like multi forma. Many may have noticed that, yet again, they've been tweaking/nerfing the exp gains again because they hate that people figure out how to power level things into absurdity or at least fast enough to remove about 70% of the actual gameplay and usage to it. They want it to be tedious and they want us to be playing different areas of the map. That makes up the majority of the gameplay in all honesty. The issue that they keep running into is that we keep finding one or two nodes that we can efficiently harvest xp at and just camp them rather than play the rest of the game. This method sucks the majority of the player base out of nodes that people actually need help on when they do play and keeps a lot of people from properly finishing out the map within any real reasonable time frame.

If they tied level at all to MR and not just mod capacity, it would mean that much of the player base wouldn't have to/be playing those nodes any more in an effort to level the weapon/frame. That's the prerogative that they run on anyway. I don't think I need to explain how and why that's a total load in practice at this point though.

11 hours ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Honestly, that first 22 levels goes through in a blink.