Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma not tied to a slot or polarity

(PSN)mmcareen

So I'm sure a lot of people have run into this problem, but they either accidently forma'd the wrong polarity into something, or DE did a rework on the frame and what they forma'd in is no good now.  So I was thinking that instead of having set polarities, we could change it anytime without formaing it again. 

So basically, take Nova for explain, she comes with 3 V's, lets say I put 2 forma into her (formaing one of the V's out as well)  Because she came with 2 of the remaining V's, those are set, those I can't do anything about, but my other two, I can change anytime if I want two -'s then I can, if I want to change one of those - to a d, then I can anytime I want, without having to forma again.  This would give us a lot of options build wise and wouldn't lock us in because of mod polarity

Now to my second idea would be polarity's shouldn't be tied to a slot, now before someone points out the swap polarity option, here is my problem with that, yes I can move polarity's but its tied to that slot on all 3 configs.  I think we should be able to have polarity's in different slots on different config's.  Here's my reasoning behind it, lets take the D polarity on weapons, this gets forma'd out for me on most weapons.  Why?  because it locks me into a build.  I like to move my cold damage mod around so I can have element builds.  Now if I could have that D at the end on one config and in the middle of another, I wouldn't have to forma it out.  It would make life a lot easier.

I call polaritys by what they look like so D is vazarin, - is naramon, v is Madurai, just incase my explaination was confusing to anyone

How about applying a forma to a slot that already has a polarity, converts it to a universal slot that will take any?  Yes, you may have to apply more forma to an item (add your polarities, then convert to universal), but then at least it will be viable for more builds (because at the moment I'm wondering if I need to get a second Titania for a razorwing build, because I need too many dash polarities for my regular build).

I rather like the idea of putting 16 formas into an item (20 for a warframe, 18 for a melee weapon), and never having to pay attention to its polarities again.

Edited by polarity

9 minutes ago, polarity said:

How about applying a forma to a slot that already has a polarity, converts it to a universal slot that will take any?  Yes, you may have to apply more forma to an item (add your polarities, then convert to universal), but then at least it will be viable for more builds (because at the moment I'm wondering if I need to get a second Titania for a razorwing build, because I need too many dash polarities for my regular build).

I'm the same way, there are a couple of things I am thinking about building a second one of because I can't fix the second build I'm thinking off on using my first polarity set up.  Take both my Ash Prime and Valkyr for explain, I have forma'd the aura slot to a blank slot, so I can put anything there.  I did this so I have the option between CP if I'm running with a Crew, or Steeler Charge if I'm running by myself.  My suggestion would be, because I forma'd the aura slot, I should be able to change it to whatever I want, anytime I want without forming it again.  Not only that, but because I forma'd it, on Config A I could have a V for my Steel Charge and on Config B I could have a - for my CP or ES.

I just think its a good way to not lock us into anything, let us play again with builds and not worry about making a mistake when putting a forma in

46 minutes ago, polarity said:

How about applying a forma to a slot that already has a polarity, converts it to a universal slot that will take any?  

I've seen this popup every now and then, but I personally don't like it. The current system makes you think wisely before putting a forma for your builds (not counting the no-brainer V's on weapons), the one you propose would just trivialize or completely take away any compromise.

1 hour ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

So basically, take Nova for explain, she comes with 3 V's, lets say I put 2 forma into her (formaing one of the V's out as well)  Because she came with 2 of the remaining V's, those are set, those I can't do anything about, but my other two, I can change anytime if I want two -'s then I can, if I want to change one of those - to a d, then I can anytime I want, without having to forma again.  This would give us a lot of options build wise and wouldn't lock us in because of mod polarity

You have to think wisely before using forma on your builds, otherwise you might have to reforma a slot. That's the compromise I was referring to, and I faced a polarity problem with Nova as well. If we were able to change polarities at any given time, I don't think I would've felt as good as now when I tailored my builds with as few forma as possible.

1 hour ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Now to my second idea would be polarity's shouldn't be tied to a slot, now before someone points out the swap polarity option, here is my problem with that, yes I can move polarity's but its tied to that slot on all 3 configs.  I think we should be able to have polarity's in different slots on different config's.  Here's my reasoning behind it, lets take the D polarity on weapons, this gets forma'd out for me on most weapons.  Why?  because it locks me into a build.  I like to move my cold damage mod around so I can have element builds.  Now if I could have that D at the end on one config and in the middle of another, I wouldn't have to forma it out.  It would make life a lot easier.

I agree on this one, however. Mainly because we don't really have control about which elements are chosen, apart from that "1st to 8th" slot thingy that screws up our elements most of the time.