Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Darwin: Custom Warframe

Statistics and abilities-wise, I think he's almost perfect as-is. His abilities match his description and his statistics match his description. He would definitely be a boon on the battlefield, and his abilities seem pretty well balanced.

Adaptation would be a great power to have on almost any mission assuming the tagged enemy doesn't have to still be alive for it to work.

I would give reactive armor a bit of a boost, or make it scale through ranking it up, because even Ember can get 70% damage reduction WITHOUT Focus, but that's mainly my opinion.

Martial Evolution would be.... decent. Its main problem isn't itself so much as the way resistances work for higher level enemies. Because their resistances scale with level, even resistances to their "super effective" elements this ability would be all but worthless on any high level enemies, bar Grineer.

Natural Selection is an awesome ultimate. That is all I have to say on that matter.

I love the look of the redesign! In my opinion it looks much better (and more Tenno-ey) than the initial design. Well done!

Statistics and abilities-wise, I think he's almost perfect as-is. His abilities match his description and his statistics match his description. He would definitely be a boon on the battlefield, and his abilities seem pretty well balanced.

Adaptation would be a great power to have on almost any mission assuming the tagged enemy doesn't have to still be alive for it to work.

I would give reactive armor a bit of a boost, or make it scale through ranking it up, because even Ember can get 70% damage reduction WITHOUT Focus, but that's mainly my opinion.

Martial Evolution would be.... decent. Its main problem isn't itself so much as the way resistances work for higher level enemies. Because their resistances scale with level, even resistances to their "super effective" elements this ability would be all but worthless on any high level enemies, bar Grineer.

Natural Selection is an awesome ultimate. That is all I have to say on that matter.

I love the look of the redesign! In my opinion it looks much better (and more Tenno-ey) than the initial design. Well done!

Thanks fish. reactive armor can be boosted with mods (will be specified in future edit)

good info on the resistance thing, thank you. will try to think of a way to re-work the power.

The idea for the new art was to make it look more tenno like, so glad it worked!

I really like the new art!! I showcases the thing that makes this frame different from all the others (besides the fact that it's not a "liquid metal jumpsuit").

keep up the good work

P.S. for the resistance ability maybe instead of resistances, you could say something like all damage from this enemy type is cut in half. (so all chargers do half damage for as long as the ability lasts)

I really like the new art!! I showcases the thing that makes this frame different from all the others (besides the fact that it's not a "liquid metal jumpsuit").

keep up the good work

P.S. for the resistance ability maybe instead of resistances, you could say something like all damage from this enemy type is cut in half. (so all chargers do half damage for as long as the ability lasts)

Glad you like the new design! I thought the infested flesh being held within the frame needed some more attention.

If you're talking about "Reactive Armor" then you get more than half damage reduction. At level 3 you only take 30% of incoming damage ( not modded) I'm going to buff it I think because EMBER's "Overheat" ability is much more useful than this one. 70% reduction plus damage on that ability.

Thanks!

My only suggestion is that maybe the second and third abilities would be merged into a single ability (maybe debuffed slightly), since it doesn't really make sense to use up precious energy to just guard against one enemy type PARTIALLY, when you have abilities from other frames that make them invincible to ALL types.

My only suggestion is that maybe the second and third abilities would be merged into a single ability (maybe debuffed slightly), since it doesn't really make sense to use up precious energy to just guard against one enemy type PARTIALLY, when you have abilities from other frames that make them invincible to ALL types.

That's actually a good idea. Maybe get rid of reactive armor and merge it with martial evolution. I will try to think of a new power to replace it.

Thank you for feed back!

I think it might need to be wider like banshees and/or add some more decorative stuff on the back side. (kinda like how ash has some strings and a tail on the back)

More good ideas, thank you!

I think it might need to be wider like banshees and/or add some more decorative stuff on the back side. (kinda like how ash has some strings and a tail on the back)

Added more plating and some horn-like extensions off the back.

I think that is WAY BETTER!! nice job. what are you next plans for this frame? or are you considering it "done"?

If not done, extremely close to it. I dont have much further plans for it. I might add more to it later.

I AM working on a new concept though. Got the art mostly done and the theme is set. I'll post a link in this thread when its done. I think its gonna turn out really well.

I like the new art, it makes him feel more real.

edit: this is wrong but it's similar to it.

I think this is how you spoiler

Thanks! and yeah that seems like it would be close to it. i'll do some more investigation.

Edited by Konahrik