Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe RP Discord Server [ROLEPLAYERS WANTED!]

MissMarifire

Hello! About a month ago, I created a Warframe Roleplaying server on Discord, a VoIP/Messaging program similar to that of Skype that can be accessed both through your browser or through their client. For the uninitiated, Discord can allow several chats, called 'Text Channels', onto one singular 'Server', which is the group that you and other users are part of. It also has capabilities for voice chatting between users in your server on 'Voice Channels'. Currently, video chatting has not been implemented yet.

This specific server is focused on being a hub for multiple roleplays, executed by two kinds of text channels: 'hubs' or 'sessions':

☆Hubs are open roleplaying channels that can be jumped into at any time. They are only bound by the rules set on the server and the setting the hub is related to; it can be canon post-u18 or AU pre-18, or whatever the roleplayers involved at that time wish to make it as.

☆Sessions are user-planned channels set up by a moderator or admin that focus on a setting or context that is not covered in any of the hubs, and they can be open or closed depending on the group's decisions. Sessions can be archived for reading at a later time.

This server also focuses on learning how to roleplay, and how to improve how you roleplay, as well as developing your characters or discussing lore. While the group we currently have is small, they are very welcoming and willing to help even the most confused of beginners.

We have decided to open up applications. They must either fill out this form, or cover everything this form asks. Please do not post applications here, there is a specific channel in the server for that: This is for reference purposes only:

Spoiler

1. NAME: Your username and your preferred nickname to be referred to.
   2. INFO: Your Tumblr, your WF username, anything we could use to identify you from elsewhere. This is more or less just for reference purposes, and we need nothing more than that. 
   3. EXPERIENCE: Tell us what you've known about roleplaying. Explain your experiences, your characters, how you roleplay. This will be the biggest part of your completed form. Do not be afraid about being descriptive. If you have a toyhou.se, charahub, or any other website you use to store your characters, this is where you link them.
   4. EXTRA INFO: This is where anything else that we as a whole server should be aware of should go.

Applications may take inbetween two to three days to go through before they are accepted or declined, but some may take up to a week.

Note that we aren't just looking for experienced roleplayers, rather we want to see users who, while they don't know much about roleplaying, have the will and drive to learn. We are, however, looking for players that WILL be active. Members who are inactive in the server for over two weeks without prior notice will be kicked.

Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/rpEjTvK

Edited by MissMarifire
fixed invite link

I really like the idea and although not one of the most active members here (university is a b....lessing), I have had my fair share of RP (in Warframe and outside) and would love to 1. be of assistance to people who want feedback and/or ideas for their concepts and 2. see if my own concepts and rping-skills are still up to par. 

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

Voice RP?

Despite the fact I do like to roleplay, doing so via voice is rather uncommon for me (or am I simply shy?)

No. I mentioned it as being a voIP because it works as one, and I compared it to Skype to show that it would have a familiar feel to it. All roleplaying is done via text channels. We do utilize the voIP capabilities to talk with one another on occassion. Sorry about the confusion.

Edited by MissMarifire

Due to some rather nasty drama involving a couple of our Tumblr applicants, we will be posting the Discord link next Wednesday, October 12th. We are very sorry about this occurence, but because of the users involved, this is why we can't have nice things.

Edited by MissMarifire

8 hours ago, MissMarifire said:

Due to some rather nasty drama involving a couple of our Tumblr applicants, we will be posting the Discord link next Wednesday, October 12th. We are very sorry about this occurence, but because of the users involved, this is why we can't have nice things.

Ooooh bo

On 10/5/2016 at 4:07 PM, MissMarifire said:

DRAMA?! WHERE? LINK

Kay on a serious note I have some experience in RP'ing and I am looking forward to it but I'm a bit hesitant and shy about it. Are there any rules?

Just now, heskaroid said:

DRAMA?! WHERE? LINK

Kay on a serious note I have some experience in RP'ing and I am looking forward to it but I'm a bit hesitant and shy about it. Are there any rules?

All the rules are in the Rules and Announcements text channel in the server. The invite link should take you directly there.

• 3 weeks later...

We've began to plan on implementing: Themes! This will enhance your roleplaying experience by bringing a monthly theme to play by. On Wednesday, November 16th, we are planning to implement a server-wide Holiday theme, which will last for until January 4th!

Do note that these dates are subject to change.

Edited by MissMarifire