Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania Fixes

(PSN)LoisGordils

After playing with Titania for a while, I can think of numerous ways to make her truly amazing. 

Starting with her Power level. 100 is too low for a Warframe like Titania who is constantly casting abilities. I can deal with 150 or even 125.

Abilities:

1. Spellbind: Base range can be increased a bit. The floaty ragdoll effect can be toned down a bit, since hitting enemies in this state is rather difficult. 

2. Tribute: Get rid of terrible bonuses like Thorns and Full Moon. Reflecting back a percentage of the damage you take is utterly useless in this game due to how enemy scaling works. Dust, however, is great in my opinion. Here is what I think it should do:

-Dust: Enemies suffer -50% Accuracy. I think this one is great

-Entangled: Raise movement reduction to 50% or 75%. And before any of you say it's OP, Nova reduces the movement speed of the entire world by 75% while making them 2x weaker to damage.

-Full Moon: Terrible, awful idea. Unless the companion system gets reworked, this buff is bad and has no reason to ever be used. Ever. Replace it with increased critical chance (obviously in a balanced way)

-Thorns: Another awful buff. Titania has the defensive capabilities of a wet paper towel. She is not one to be taking damage. And besides, if you were reflecting back 12000% of the damage you take (see Chroma), then I would not mind that much and even still it would be bad for a Warframe like Titania. But reflecting a mere 25% of the damage you take is insulting. Make it a damage reduction aura. It can stay at 25%, maybe 40%  since the other buffs are quite generous. Couple that with Razorwing and she is near unkillable

3. Lantern: This ability suffers greatly from a condition called Wasted Cast Syndrome that affects other abilities like Mind Control or Magnetize. Basically, you cast the ability and the enemy dies before any effect takes place. You can either make the targeted enemy immune to damage as soon as the ability is cast or have the energy refunded to you. Also, the extremely frustrating floating up to Heaven's Gates is also an issue that must be addressed. For a 75 Energy ability, Lantern is wasted 6/10 times it is cast. Make the enemy float in place and ONLY move horizontally. Melee attacks can move the Lantern, but only horizontally and in the same way the Mutalist Quanta orbs move.

4. Razorwing: I love this ability. The damage output of Dex Pixia is insane with the right build (crit, fire rate and status). However, eliminate her friction when flying too close to the ground and maybe buff one of Diwata's stats. It can either have 30% status chance or a 15-20% crit chance. Whichever, really.

And finally, perhaps reduce the casting time for her skills by 25%. So yeah, that pretty much covers up my issues with QueenTania :p

Personally, I love Titania's design and skillset. She offers a unique way to crowd control and I think it's actually quite strong in missions like mobile defense and captures or rescues, where you can just run away. It can be a little frustrating using spellbind with enhanced duration on an exterminate or defense, where you have to kill the enemies to gain progress and you can't find the last enemy because he's flying somewhere. That aside, I don't think Titania some of the changes you suggested.

First, I don't think every warframe needs to have ridiculously high power. I like having to think and use my powers intelligently, I run just streamline and I have never encountered any serious energy problems outside of eximus stronghold sorties.

Second, the range increase to spellbind seems a bit much. If taken advantage of, spellbind can be an amazing way to destroy a large crowd of enemies. In combination with lantern to group them up, then using an aoe weapon such as the talons or a spray and pray type weapon like the boltor and the group is dead in no time with little to no issues. Of course increased range would make it better but it lowers the synergy to lantern as well as makes it less fun because it would just be to easy to cc the whole room with a low cost ability. :(

Third, I guess I can agree that I do try to get Dust up as fast as I can and don't really care about the rest of the buffs. I could see this skill getting some kind of love to make it a little more interesting to want to get the other buffs. Maybe make them syngergize with each other to get combined effects or better ones? I don't know but I can agree on this one.

Forth, Razorwing is absurdly strong. The Dex Pixia can dish out crazy damage with little to no effect being one of those spray and pray you can just destroy a crowd of enemies with spellbind. I hardly ever see myself using the Diwata but that is less because of how weak it may or may not be and more to do with the movement mechanics of Razorwing which I do think it does need some looking into. It feels slow and clunky as well extremely punishing if you run into something. More often than not I find myself hitting some sort of invisible wall and especially when going through a door. It is so frustrating sometimes, which is why I have taken to only using it in big maps, no way will I ever be using it in Europa. When using a melee, you have to get close to the enemy, and there is no way in hell I am driving my fairy princess into the ground to hit something just so I can get stuck and take forever to get back up.