Jump to content
[DE]Drew

September 23 - 26th: DDoS, Recovery, and Next Steps.

Recommended Posts

I'm more upset about missing out on Acolytes, sortie rewards, and the login reward booster I was unable to take advantage of than Baro.  I also think the DDOS attack may have affected more people than DE is willing to admit.  Sure, I could connect, but for  more than 48 hours I got the "connection lost" message, and as a result I didn't get sortie rewards for 2 days even though I completed them both, and I didn't get a single Acolyte reward.

I'm a MR22 daily player.  I haven't missed a sortie or login reward for more than 200 days.  I'm not happy at all with how this latest DDOS was handled.  This is the third one I've been through, and during previous outtages we were updated several times a day as to what was going on and what we could do to try to get connected.  Events were also extended or even re-run entirely to give everyone a fair chance at the rewards.  It's not my fault that I wasn't able to login or that my connection dropped before my missions were saved.  Just because everyone wasn't affected doesn't make it suck any less for those of us who weren't able to collect any Acolyte rewards.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

The peak of the DDoS attacks unfortunately interrupted Baro’s arrival, leaving many of you unable to shop his wares. As a result, we will be adding last week’s items in addition to Baro’s inventory on his next visit (in two weeks).

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good to see DE continue to treat serious matters like this in a thoughtful and professional manner. Cheers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)Shauner74 said:

I'm more upset about missing out on Acolytes, sortie rewards, and the login reward booster I was unable to take advantage of than Baro.  I also think the DDOS attack may have affected more people than DE is willing to admit.  Sure, I could connect, but for  more than 48 hours I got the "connection lost" message, and as a result I didn't get sortie rewards for 2 days even though I completed them both, and I didn't get a single Acolyte reward.

I'm a MR22 daily player.  I haven't missed a sortie or login reward for more than 200 days.  I'm not happy at all with how this latest DDOS was handled.  This is the third one I've been through, and during previous outtages we were updated several times a day as to what was going on and what we could do to try to get connected.  Events were also extended or even re-run entirely to give everyone a fair chance at the rewards.  It's not my fault that I wasn't able to login or that my connection dropped before my missions were saved.  Just because everyone wasn't affected doesn't make it suck any less for those of us who weren't able to collect any Acolyte rewards.

Amen to that I lost several important things missions and stuff done but nothing saved because of "network not responding" and my ticket to support was marked as solved even though its not solved

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, pauli133 said:

It's good to see DE continue to treat serious matters like this in a thoughtful and professional manner. Cheers.

Thoughtful?!  Professional?!  Don't kid yourself, pauli.  Everyone that missed out on Baro missed out on the Acolytes too.  The only reason they're bringing Baro back because people spend money on platinum.  The thoughtful and professional thing to do would be to bring back the Acolytes too, but they don't make any money from people hunting Acolyte rewards.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, (PS4)Shauner74 said:

Thoughtful?!  Professional?!  Don't kid yourself, pauli.  Everyone that missed out on Baro missed out on the Acolytes too.  The only reason they're bringing Baro back because people spend money on platinum.  The thoughtful and professional thing to do would be to bring back the Acolytes too, but they don't make any money from people hunting Acolyte rewards.

Uhh, well I have to disagree. The mods are tradeable and for a few of them there is a market, which means people spend plat on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, (XB1)TexasBotHurt said:

Uhh, well I have to disagree. The mods are tradeable and for a few of them there is a market, which means people spend plat on them.

You disagree that the people who missed out on Baro also missed out on Acolytes?  Why bring back one, but not the other?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great to know, thanks a ton DE. One more thing though, what's going to happen to us that bought boosters? I'm a south american player and I could only use it for a couple hours before this started. Will we get time extensions or platinum reimbursements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Komodo_Saurian said:

Thanks. But I think this will only cause even more DDoS.

^^^^

" a relatively small percentage of the Warframe community had been affected. "

"Relatively small"?  I'm sorry, but it was enough for 'some' people to care posting in not just here but other forums and I think that DE should look into what they are going to do for those "small" paying some people for not only Baro, but the Acolytes event for PS4 players that were affected!  PC was not the only one's effected.  Console missed on the event!

Edited by (PS4)JrJester00
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happen? I try to log in into the game and it failed...

Then, I restarted the client and attempt the log in, this happen...

And I refresh the warframe website and forum many times and finally i can reach here and report the problem...

Dear DEs, help!
 

[IMG=http://i67.tinypic.com/24xzxcl.jpg]

24xzxcl.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, -GDN-Blazkvitz said:

What really confuses me is that someone is actually DDOSing the game because he/she/it didn't like Baro's items.
WTF is wrong with those guys? '-'

some people are tools....

some are unhappy with de with the redx bs , some are angry over umbra, and some think themselves entitled to things they are not

but who knows the reason. i just know there was a HUGE boom of DDOS all over the net ...these last 2 weeks ...makes me think a easy toolbox was dropped darknet side ...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just say a Corpus EMP ripped through the system and have them surprise attack some tenno things and you have a raid. And that baro got stuck in space.

thanks for the work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, (PS4)Shauner74 said:

You disagree that the people who missed out on Baro also missed out on Acolytes?  Why bring back one, but not the other?  

No, you didn't read what I said. I agree that Acolytes should be brought back, I disagree that there is no market for their drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a "could not update account information" after doing a alert but luckily it resolved itself after a few seconds.. this is the first time it has happened for me in quite a long while, might this have something to do with it?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Daily Tribute hasn't been showing up properly 'if at all' since these attacks has anybody else experienced this?

I'm already weeks behind from the old DDOS attacks since my ISP doesn't like to connect to warframe when their servers are under heavy load/being attacked.

EDIT: I've messaged support about this in the past and they said they couldn't reimburse me for the days I didn't log on for my daily tribute due to the DDOS attacks because it's a fairly new system.

Edited by main_antagonist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, it does not seem like you solved it. for more than 24hrs i keep getting the message about server connection. i am able to play half of the nodes i start but the others kick me out of the game. i was thinking i could rank up but that wasnt smart. i started it, but instead of seeing the test when it was done loading i was back at the ship. so i tried starting it again and it says i have to wait another 24hrs. For the nodes i am able to play, often i dont get to keep whatever i get from the mission or the affinity i earned.

why do i keep playing? well i hit my first milestone this morning and got 3 days affinity booster, so far that has gone down the drain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/09/2016 at 9:29 PM, Komodo_Saurian said:

Thanks. But I think this will only cause even more DDoS.

I have to concur. If they prevented DE from having an event then it is likely they will do it again because they were successful in having a negative impact.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/09/2016 at 10:54 PM, tnccs215 said:

someone's upset about The War Within delays, uh?

well we are all but is not needed too stupid things like that cuz only delay more mehh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...