Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen: Round 5 (almost complete) LIst!

[DE]Rebecca

16 hours ago, ----Dante---- said:

also would it be possible to allow that model swap orthos skin to work on all polearms?

This!

And please, DE, while you are at it, allow the existing Kronen skin to be usable on all tonfa weapons. I guarantee that sales would shoot up (given the recent propensity of Telos Boltace afficionados).

3 hours ago, Eminem2420 said:

None for Ember? I'm not going to buy anything until she gets some justice. Btw where are the deluxe skins? Have they been tossed away for these overpriced "cosmetics?" The quality on this stuff doesn't make it worth 6 to 7 dollars.

You're going to have to ask the artists regarding Ember :P   I don't know if there were any Ember entries but if not hey you can always give your favourite creater a heads up if he/she ever were to make something for Ember you'd definitely be into it!

And the Deluxe skins are coming. Right now it seems Zephyr's is getting pretty much close to releasing and then there's the Ash Deluxe skin that was teased. I have no idea if it's been modeled yet or not since they only showed the conceptual (well I would speculate finalized) art.

In other words:

66PHcrs.jpg

21 hours ago, Ascythian said:

Probably because really its just a recoloured Frost with a crown stuck on top.

Not very appealing to me really and I guess DE don't cater to a particular artists fanboys in a popularity contest.

actually. It got new textures, clearly it didn't look anywhere near the original frost skin. Plus the helmet is actually pretty different then the original.

Extremely disappointed the Amazon Valkyr skin wasn't selected, I had thought it was a given due to its high quality and WF-aesthetic friendly design.

While I have nothing against the pieces selected or their creators, I feel there were some far more interesting pieces that have been badly overlooked in this round :/

47 minutes ago, Xenoraptor said:

Extremely disappointed the Amazon Valkyr skin wasn't selected, I had thought it was a given due to its high quality and WF-aesthetic friendly design.

While I have nothing against the pieces selected or their creators, I feel there were some far more interesting pieces that have been badly overlooked in this round :/

Unfortunately they kinda have to pick and choose the skins. Not only based upon matching aesthetics and theme, but also upon popularity. Add in the likely dev votes for the tougher choices, and one has a good idea why good things seem overlooked.

That said, it would have been nice for that to be selected. My kitty needs a new look :c At least we got a helm though!

23 hours ago, Geraaltix said:

I'm still waiting for someone to take interest in Ivara and make a skin. Someone, please? Pretty please? :(

Unfortunately Ivara is, well, still rather new, and not extremely popular. Look at chroma, it took several rounds for a couple skins to pop up for him, though he's decidedly complex. I don't doubt we'll first see a new helm or two for the newer frames before full skins start popping up.

On 28/09/2016 at 6:30 PM, DeMonkey said:

That's a cool Wukong helmet... but where are the tassles...

Wukong without tassles seems wrong.

Thing is, dude, the tassles are just the thing that drives most people away from him. A lot of players claim they only don't play him because of his looks, the chevrons being the main cause for upset. I personally don't mind them, but as it stands, the helmet without them may be a precious chance for him to get a little more attention. Plus, variability is always a pro. 

23 hours ago, Extroah said:

I kinda like this Round so far, i only wish they'd add more of them. Like, at least add 1 Skin/Helmet for Frames that have nothing/barely have anything yet. Ember or Volt for example.

Likely there was no Ember skins submitted before the deadline of 8th September which is why none were included or they weren't up to the quality required, not sure.

---------

Looking forward to the new tennogen stuff for frames that don't already have tennogen items.

15 hours ago, Gorila_Azul said:

Thing is, dude, the tassles are just the thing that drives most people away from him. A lot of players claim they only don't play him because of his looks, the chevrons being the main cause for upset. I personally don't mind them, but as it stands, the helmet without them may be a precious chance for him to get a little more attention. Plus, variability is always a pro. 

I can vouch for this. When I first built Wukong, I tried to make his energy color flat black to remove the tassles. It didn't work, and it was disappointing to me. I'll still use Wukong when I have a specific reason to, but I don't use him on a regular basis because I simply don't like his design. A tassle-free helmet would help in that regard. Granted, I'm not likely to buy the helmet because I just don't like Wukong enough to justify it, but other people certainly will.

1 hour ago, knife007 said:

-Snip-

Both of the Ash items in your list were submitted after the deadline for this round.

Sari Syandana 2.0 - Submitted after the deadline for this round.

Can't say about the rest since I'm not the people who chose the tennogen skins.

Gotta say, I'm really not impressed with this wave. A few kinda meh helmets and a handful of decent Syandanas, but aside from the Chroma and Orthos skins, not a whole lot of interest here.

Let's just hope Yatus's Trinity Holy and Ember Vesta skins get picked up next wave.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752510225

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=757274042

Edited by SerinVeya

On 9/29/2016 at 7:47 AM, ZakhSilpheed said:

*Sees none for Mesa*

welp... I ain't spending my money yet!

indeed, waiting for a dope af mesa deluxe skin or at least new helm/immortal skin.

I.e something like this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=581735811&searchtext=

unfortunately few people are making mesa cosmetics. :/  

Edited by KrypTic.
added content

I see many odd comments of players complaining that there are no "delux skins" in Tennogen, and that they are all "recolors." I must point out, this is a misconception on the side of the non-artist community, you must realize we can not make the same "delux skins" as DE makes them. (i.e. Proto-Excalibur, Paladine Rhino, Feyarch Oberon, etc.)

TennoGen is restricted to manipulating and changing the textures that are on the existing low-polygon model. This is more accustomed to DE's Immortal Skin line, (i.e. Immortal Excalibur, Immortal Ember, etc) where the geometry or "body" of the Warframe stays the same, just the textures and tinting is changed.

It takes the most artistic intervention to create a new tint-mask, like the Immortal Skins, and at bare minimum an entirely new skin can be made just from changing the tinting. However it is up to each Tennogen's intervention and interpretation to change the other textures to go above and beyond the minimum requirement. This is how some top quality skins have the faux appearance of a deluxe skins (i.e. The Graxx line of skins, Athena Nyx, etc.). If you are wondering how are they changing the appearance of the model, but not the geometry itself, that is done using the Normals Map (a type of texture used in 3D modeling community.)

This is why right now, you don't see skins where perhaps spikes, or armors, are added on top of the existing geometry's body.

However this is restricted only to skins, higher skilled creators can create new geometry of their own, and that's where we see Syndanas and Helmets.

Because of this, I plead the community interested in supporting the TennoGen part of Warframe, to not hold the creators to inaccurate expectations.