Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Graphic driver crashes - only warframe!

Teshin_Dax

Im tired of it ..

Only warframe crashes my driver.. ITS ANNOYING..

This is my LAST Feedback thread about this issue!
DE knows that there is an issue for a looong time , BUT they did not fixed it yet.

How Long should i wait for a fix... I dont want to Login and hope that it willl not crash this time ..
It is basically a 60% chance to receive a crash..

I play many games like Overwatch / Doom / Diablo 3 / Path of Exile / Crisis 2 and 3 ( MAX SETTINGS) and so on ... 
And yes .. my graphic driver doesnt crashed once in these games..

And we all know that warframe hasnt better visuals than these games.

TO MAKE THIS CLEAR! There are many Players out there which cant enjoy this game anymore because of this issue.. i need to restart the game EVERY TIME!
AND NO , the game itself does NOT crash.. So im sure that there will be NO Information about this issue in the EE.log (im sure it has an other name)

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

33 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

Have you installed the lastest NVIDIA upgrade?, if so, then this has broke alot of games. Best bet is to roll-back, if you kown how.

as i said .. i (and many other Players) have this issue with warframe .. warframe is the only game with this issue .. since  month/s..

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

Have you installed the lastest NVIDIA upgrade?, if so, then this has broke alot of games. Best bet is to roll-back, if you kown how.

i mean yes , i have the latest Driver ... but i did not installed it recently .. it is an old issue .. and the Driver itself is just fine

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

Other than updating your video drivers, which is something you should be doing anyways, you might want to launch the Warframe and use the Gear Settings icon on it to adjust your launcher settings.

You may (probably will) need to adjust the settings there to make the game work properly.

Try changing some of your settings there. If your card is old, you might want to use DX9 or DX10 and not DX11, and turn off Multi-Threaded Rendering and whatever else. You'll need to adjust the settings there and see what does or does not work. Adjust as you find what does work, then try pushing it further, till it breaks, then go back to where it did work properly.

19 minutes ago, Salenstormwing said:

Other than updating your video drivers, which is something you should be doing anyways, you might want to launch the Warframe and use the Gear Settings icon on it to adjust your launcher settings.

You may (probably will) need to adjust the settings there to make the game work properly.

Try changing some of your settings there. If your card is old, you might want to use DX9 or DX10 and not DX11, and turn off Multi-Threaded Rendering and whatever else. You'll need to adjust the settings there and see what does or does not work. Adjust as you find what does work, then try pushing it further, till it breaks, then go back to where it did work properly.

I play these games on Max Settings .. warframe ia an old game and has no better visuals than those games..
The Driver is up-to-date ..

its time for a stable warframe.. with improvements for visuals...

28 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

I play these games on Max Settings .. warframe ia an old game and has no better visuals than those games..

Turning off these settings is how you get a stable Warframe. They're there for a reason. People's computer differ from each other, that's why these settings exist

Did you even read the suggestions?

Edited by Cydro_

1 hour ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

So im sure that there will be NO Information about this issue in the EE.log (im sure it has an other name)

If you want to help solve the issue, submit your EE.log. 

Your post is pretty much useless if DE have no way of isolating the issue.

Edited by MillbrookWest

40 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

Uh, that's not what I said. I said in the Game Loader, there is a settings tool tab. You need to change settings there. Even if your graphic drivers are new, you might have a card that can't handle DX11. Adjust some of the settings there.

Also, try turning some of your settings down till the game doesn't crash or you find out which part of the settings is causing you issues from the IN-GAME settings.

Try that before saying you're running everything on MAX and that the game crashes. Throwing yourself at a wall isn't going to fix the problem anymore than doing what you're already doing is going to fix the problem. Change the Game Loader settings, see if those fix things, then if not, change the In-Game settings.

PS: Here's a Reddit article on things you can change: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1yy5gu/lowest_graphics_settings_possible/

Edited by Salenstormwing

2 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

Uh, that's not what I said. I said in the Game Loader, there is a settings tool tab. You need to change settings there. Even if your graphic drivers are new, you might have a card that can't handle DX11. Adjust some of the settings there.

Also, try turning some of your settings down till the game doesn't crash or you find out which part of the settings is causing you issues from the IN-GAME settings.

Try that before saying you're running everything on MAX and that the game crashes. Throwing yourself at a wall isn't going to fix the problem anymore than doing what you're already doing is going to fix the problem. Change the Game Loader settings, see if those fix things, then if not, change the In-Game settings.

PS: Here's a Reddit article on things you can change: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1yy5gu/lowest_graphics_settings_possible/

Sry if  i added  not enough Information.. My Graphic Card is DX12 ready.. so DX11 shouldnt be a Problem..

i have the GTX960 and i simply dont want to turn off / lower any settings..
i bought that thing to play any game with max Settings ...

And my goal is that they improve their engine/game.. fix Problems / issues / Bugs ..
the game crashes my driver and shadowplay aswell.. 

however.. i try to refresh/reinstall warframe to delete corrupted files .. maybe that works

Just now, WaRsHooTer666 said:

Sry if  i added  not enough Information.. My Graphic Card is DX12 ready.. so DX11 shouldnt be a Problem..

i have the GTX960 and i simply dont want to turn off / lower any settings..
i bought that thing to play any game with max Settings ...

And my goal is that they improve their engine/game.. fix Problems / issues / Bugs ..
the game crashes my driver and shadowplay aswell.. 

however.. i try to refresh/reinstall warframe to delete corrupted files .. maybe that works

Try changing some of the settings in the Game Loader anyways. Just as a reference point.

This is called Trial & Error. If you don't change anything, you're throwing yourself at a wall and expecting it to change. Not saying you can't turn it back on later, but for now, try it.

Otherwise, I can't help you. And no one else will be able to help you. Try a reinstall if you want, but it's easier to change settings first, see if that fixes anything, before doing a full redownload.

Again, just my suggestion.

19 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

Try changing some of the settings in the Game Loader anyways. Just as a reference point.

This is called Trial & Error. If you don't change anything, you're throwing yourself at a wall and expecting it to change. Not saying you can't turn it back on later, but for now, try it.

Otherwise, I can't help you. And no one else will be able to help you. Try a reinstall if you want, but it's easier to change settings first, see if that fixes anything, before doing a full redownload.

Again, just my suggestion.

okay its solved  :) thank you anyways :)

well steam detected 200 corrupted files and yeah .. it took a while (11gb) .. but now it is solved.

See you mate

UPDATE : The game is still broken.. Setting changes did not affect it..

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2016 at 7:21 PM, WaRsHooTer666 said:

okay its solved  :) thank you anyways :)

well steam detected 200 corrupted files and yeah .. it took a while (11gb) .. but now it is solved.

See you mate

UPDATE : The game is still broken.. Setting changes did not affect it..

never use steam to check the game, that is the worst thing you can do the game will update after that.

What people try to say did you change settings to try out in the launcher of warframe itself:

Warframe%20launcer%20with%20settings.PNG

See those settings saying full screen DirectX11/10 and 9 unlisted but still present if you disable both.
Multithreaded rendering is there and more.

Try to troubleshoot those and see if you can fix it.
Also try to optimize your game in the launcher it can help out a lot sometimes.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

On 23-10-2016 at 8:25 PM, Half-lifeblazen said:

I have some problem,when I turned on DX10, my graphics drivers crash completely anytime, anywhere.

Once you switch to DX9 everything goes stability, but I have this

This bug is since he went Index update.

This is is fixed in the dev build I heard don't quote me on it but well, they will push out the update sooner or later, its probably the issue of low tier hardware and running warframe arose there a little bit.

For OP if you go support and know how to deliver EE.log is a nice thing to do, well they can help you too with that and are really going to see if there is an issue if they can find one with your help.

Also thing is that GPU's in Warframe if fast enough do not matter anyways because WF is CPU bottlenecked, this is a common thing so please don't be like: they need to optimize their game. They are busy on optimizing the game, have patience and see what happens.

I sincerely recommend to disable shadow-play features in geforce experience, it mostly breaks games and more.

Update to latest drivers and please post your total system specs please so we can see if there is a possible issue.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion