Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Tactical" Alert?

Burnthesteak87

So essentially setup 3-4 Grineer missions with some major elemental hazard and unconventional skinned enemies...

What's special about it? What's tactical about it?

The fact you've to spam Energy Vampire, Crowd Control, Immortality, Energy and Vitality Pizzas to stay alive?

The fact enemy's Tonkors oneshot you?

These "Events" underline again Warframe's problems:

1) Challenge, Difficulty. Artificial difficulty, Enemy Scaling (Modding just for damage), Enemy AI and counterplay strategies. Spamming Immortality, CC or Invisibility, oneshots.

2) Most Missions are boring, not dynamic. No strategy or brain usage. Gun and Run.

3) Combat: it's spammy and doesn't involve brain usage. It has no Flow.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Alert isn't tactical. But DE are.

Cuz that bloody hotfix came just when I finished the 20 min survival. And, you know, "could not update account, changes wasn't saved"

And, as I can see in region chat, I'm not alone with that.

Well done, so tactical!

Edited by Zanoza-chan

17 minutes ago, Burnthesteak87 said:

What's tactical about it?

The fact you've to spam Energy and Vitality Pizzas to stay alive?

Play tactically and you won't need to do the former and the latter won't happen.

Edited by Gelkor

18 minutes ago, Burnthesteak87 said:

The fact you've to spam Energy and Vitality Pizzas to stay alive?

Yes.

Play "tactically" and that won't happen. Tac alerts are more about surviving something ridiculous then anything >.>

Yeah, I wasn't impressed.

Why bother to scan these enemies when their entries aren't even in the codex?

I keep trying to 'solve' these missions solo, desperately wanting them to be some sort of fair challenge that I can overcome. Unfortunately, they aren't. Layers upon layers of gimmicks and bugs push me right back into just loading up easy mode and steamrolling them.

It's the only way to get this stuff done in a way that feels respectful of my time, and I hate that I feel that way.

6 minutes ago, CCamp88 said:

Remember they aren't necessary to complete. Pretty much all tac alerts have been for the fun/challenge. April Fools day.. last halloween. Hopefully this halloweens :-D 

Dude and other dudes.

I'm a Veteran (I dislike using these kind of terminology, but most people can't understand it otherway..), I played most of the past Tactical Alerts.

The focus of this Topic is "Damn! DE, you still do the same uninspired things! When will you start proposing something new and enjoyable?"

Edited by Burnthesteak87

O.o Well if you have to use pads you're not very good at your tactical abilities then are you? There I was in interception walking around with Nyx, using the augment "Mind Freak" turning the Manics against everyone with +500% damage increase, letting them murder and maim everyone while I captured the points and laughed myself silly.

Had some Brakkfast while I was walking around using the Absorb augment "Assimilate" to catch everyones rockets and other attacks. Was great fun. Even got to scan those extra nightwatch scrubs I needed to scan from this new batch. Easy stuff my friend.

I cant speak for anyone else. But anything new is fun to me. Hell, going back and being able to redo tac alerts is one of my most wanted things in the game. Not for the prizes/rewards, but for the lore and the scenarios most put us in.

Apearantly something still grabs you though or you wouldnt be playing. Warframe has always about doing gimmicky things. Its a PvE game (for the most part) and lets you do these gimmicky things to have fun. If you want something more of a challenge... take mods off

Edited by CCamp88

3 minutes ago, CCamp88 said:

I cant speak for anyone else. But anything new is fun to me. Hell, going back and being able to redo tac alerts is one of my most wanted things in the game. Not for the prizes/rewards, but for the lore and the scenarios most put us in.

In this event there aren't even so many Lore lines and scenario descriptions like many past TAs.... It's gaunt at its best.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

the 1000 cuts event was far superior, energy capped at 25, enemies starting at 60 in the last mission survival and i didn't have naramon nor ash trash frame back then, much more fun.This one is lame, enemies too easy, too low lvl and again i'll have to wait 40 mins in the final mission before i start seeing some decent level.

No new mods or weapons either.

Disappointing

Ugh...

Lightning striking every couple seconds, fire constantly taking chunks of health, hyekka masters dropping arc traps, half of the units being terrible bullet sponges with tonkors, manics just endlessly spawning on their own, no drops whatsoever... I don't think any NW unit even has a loot pool. Fun.

No real rewards except the emblem, too, but of course there are new paid skins. Nothing to the lore except another "here's your reward gratz tenno -- the lotus". "The elite Nightwatch Corps are active again. We need to know what they’re up to", and it turns out they're up no nothing but oneshotting me with a tonkor. The whole thing feels like another sortie, a rewardless annoyance, not a tactical alert.

Having to avoid ally nekros constant ghost spam to actually kill the enemies because they keep getting in the way and preventing you from capturing/defending points is pretty dang tactical man. So is having to outrun your whole team who brought ignis and spend like ten minutes chasing manics around when you're the only one with a shotgun that can oneshot the dumb things. It's almost like PVP.

3 hours ago, CCamp88 said:

Remember they aren't necessary to complete. Pretty much all tac alerts have been for the fun/challenge. April Fools day.. last halloween. Hopefully this halloweens :-D 

yea and maybe his halloween people won't get free legendary cores for 1 rank 5 silver mod because DE always leaks things on accident like we saw with this tileset.

IM STILL SALTY DE ABOUT IT

Edited by --Q--Voltage

4 hours ago, Burnthesteak87 said:

So essentially setup 3-4 Grineer missions with some major elemental hazard and unconventional skinned enemies...

That we face better prepared enemies that don't need broken lvl inflation to be a challenge?

The fact you've to spam Energy Vampire, Crowd Control, Immortality, Energy and Vitality Pizzas to stay alive?

You cheese, that's your problem. I defeated it with Ash and Heliocolor. Casted bladestorm 5 times in the whole ordeal (3 times in Defense, 2 in Survival). Did it without problems, like a champ. If you "git gud" you don't need that power-spam bullsh*t.

They couldn't oneshot me, mostly because I invest in ehp, mobility and handspring instead of power efficiency or some other metacr*p.

1) Challenge, Difficulty. Artificial difficulty, Enemy Scaling (Modding just for damage), Enemy AI and counterplay strategies. Spamming Immortality, CC or Invisibility, oneshots.

Nightwatch, in a hilarious twist of your words, is actual difficulty, not artificial difficulty. They don't really need be lvl inflated to kick your arse. We do have counterplay strategies, though many have forgoten those by clinging to Trinity, Nova, Loki and some others. You can dodge the tonkor grenades, if you are attentive and see them and move fast.

2) Most Missions are boring, not dynamic. No strategy or brain usage. Gun and Run.

Yeah, I'm in for some dynamic missions, also dynamic enemies that adapt mechanically to players (like sending more powerful and mechanically complex units when the regular grunts bite the dust instead of just increasing in lvl)

Unequip Fleeting Expertise (or any corrupted mod for that matter), fire Trinity and don't use more than one pizza at the time. There, gameplay is less spammy, more challenging and more skill-based.

That we face better prepared enemies that don't need broken lvl inflation to be a challenge?

You cheese, that's your problem. I defeated it with Ash and Heliocolor. Casted bladestorm 5 times in the whole ordeal (3 times in Defense, 2 in Survival). Did it without problems, like a champ. If you "git gud" you don't need that power-spam bullsh*t.

They couldn't oneshot me, mostly because I invest in ehp, mobility and handspring instead of power efficiency or some other metacr*p.

Nightwatch, in a hilarious twist of your words, is actual difficulty, not artificial difficulty. They don't really need be lvl inflated to kick your arse. We do have counterplay strategies, though many have forgoten those by clinging to Trinity, Nova, Loki and some others. You can dodge the tonkor grenades, if you are attentive and see them and move fast.

Yeah, I'm in for some dynamic missions, also dynamic enemies that adapt mechanically to players (like sending more powerful and mechanically complex units when the regular grunts bite the dust instead of just increasing in lvl)

Unequip Fleeting Expertise (or any corrupted mod for that matter), fire Trinity and don't use more than one pizza at the time. There, gameplay is less spammy, more challenging and more skill-based.

Ok. Whoever thought randomly pegging the player with unavoidable lightning was a good idea needs to be FIRED. I just slowly went from 100% to 0% solely from these strikes. Who does that? Who designs a game like that? Why the hell would anyone think that's ok? This absolutely boggles my mind! This has to be a bug, right?

dont think so. those lightning strikes would do 300 shield damage at a pop... IF. big word.. IF you stood still. Move around and they wouldnt (do as much damage atleast). People tend to forget roll(ing) has a natural damage reduction built it. Plus they (seemed) to work off similar mechanics as the orbital strike in Kela fight. Anywho... cant wait for having these guys in the game for good :-D