The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Prime accessories be sold via Vold trader?

(PSN)Reverberatus

i remember once ember immortal skin was possible drop from rare containers...and people were NOT happy. so no, i don't see this going down well at all.

DE don't even want to release prime accesories as separate packs despite popular demand, highly doubt they would even consider making them obtainable by in game currencies

This will never happen.

And not just because of the reason that it would be a massive slap in the face to the people who paid for the Prime Access for the exclusive accessories, but because it says so in the FAQ.

You can read the FAQ here
I have also quoted the relevant bit:

WILL THE EXCLUSIVE ITEMS BE AVAILABLE IN-GAME AFTER A NEW PACK IS AVAILABLE?

No. The Exclusive items in Prime Access are Exclusive to the Prime Access and Prime Vault Programs. You may see them rotated within the Programs but they will not be made available in-game

DE has promised to keep the Accessories exclusive to the PA/PV, and they should keep to their words.
It would just be a blatant slap to the face of the people who bought it if you could just come along and get it for free.
And further it would hurt the sales of the PA.  Afterall, if you could just get all of the shiny accessories for free what would be the reason to buy the PA packs?

Edited by Tsukinoki

13 hours ago, (PS4)RandomCliches said:

It's unfair for the people who missed out on these items

So much entitlement. Just because you missed it you called it unfair and want it available almost free, while conveniently ignoring the fact that it's even more unfair towards the people who actually payed for it.

while i would like them to be available that way, i'd have to agree with most who say it would be a major insulting strike at those that paid true money for them, just like the founder stuff (although i believe founder things should be available to pay for again for everyone, at twice the original cost  >:} )

but on this topic of prime access accessories, i feel they should not be limited to their respective prime frame/weps access bundle, but always available to pay for on some long list somewhere.  DE would earn more regular profit from doing that

Yes. Im a player whos easily spent a couple hundred dollars on warframe and I wholeheartedly believe that free players should have more options for cosmetics. Unless DE is going to start putting in more free to access cosmetics then I believe current cosmetics that are not exclusive (and lets be honest Prime accessories are not exclusive) should be added to Baro's item list.

Baro was originally billed to us as a way to get rare prime parts without so much grinding but hes never been that and with the way things are going I doubt he will ever really be that. As he is now, Baro gives a lot of stuff out but most of it is cosmetics. So lets give him more variety in his inventory

No; they were intended to be sold with their Prime Access equivalent with limited availability. I never bought those prime accessory packs myself but I would understand that those who did might find themselves displeased if they were freely available later on.

And let's be clear here : I don't mind that they don't return simply because they're cosmetic items; it would be another matter entirely if they were equipment or Warframes that could only be bought with money, which would lead to a P2W practice.

20 hours ago, LordCloud00 said:

Why not? Give us absurdly high prices in pl + ducats +credits. So that those who have paid , still have paid for something really precious. So we can rip this exclusiveness which is really childish.

Nah, keep it Exclusive. Veterans would find it way too easy.

Would I like cool stuff for ducats? Of course I would. Would I like to buy a Ferrari with banks notes I drew myself with crayons? Yep too.

ive said this before but I feel Baro having any cosmetics in his inventory is incredibly generous of the Devs already. Putting PA stuff in there could be suicidal however.

a huge part of their appeal is their exclusivity or semi exclusivity as it is now I guess.

there would be a big enough backlash if they became available for plat but for ducats? The community would drown in salt and toxicity.

While I would love Targis prime, Misa prime etc for just playing the game, I can see why it shouldn't happen.

What I find interesting is that everyone here saying, "people who spent money on these will be pissed," are people who in fact didn't spend money on these. I think you'd be surprised by how little we actually care. I spent money on the better half of these prime access accessories. Really it isn't a big deal. If more people had the prime accessories I do it wouldn't make it any different to me. I bought them because I wanted them immediately. Not to show everyone how big my uhhhh... Wallet... Is. Even if we can get them in game for free, I'll probably still buy them. I don't f*ck around with trade chat. That place is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

On a side note I am not sure they should go to the void trader so much as always be available for purchase via cash, or that the unvaulting should rotate more frequently.

Prime Vault, or at least cosmetics, should be back more often than twice a year, be separate from frame and weapons.

And price of PA in general should be cut down a bit. I mean, it's good deal on consoles, where people don't have plat discounts, but it doesn't look so sweet on PC

Void trader. no!! Ppl spend real money for that stuff nobody should get it free at any time. Now I do say they sold make it so u can go back and buy any of the prime packs at anytime. Well besides the first one. I can see PC ppl getting mad over that one. But other then that it will be good idea. Especially for new players. They can look back and have the options they missed out on. There happy. DE made money, there happy. It wild be a win win. 

• 1 month later...

So at least give us a regular version of the primed accessories, like a regular Targis or a Prisma Targis, so the people who paid real money for them can still feel special, and the rest of us can have an alternative version, win win for everyone :D