Jump to content

Frost abilities should remove fire proc.


Recommended Posts

While playing new event I was little frustrated while playing Frost using his ice powers but all the time being on fire. What about if his powers could remove fire proc?
Freeze - Entering ice on the ground should remove fire proc.
Snow Globe - sitting or entering snow globe will remove fire proc from you and your team mates when they enter it too.
Ice Wave - all team mates in range of ice wave will have removed fire proc.
Avalanche - In range remove Fire proc from User and team mates.

And frost should get passive: Ice proc will slow him only by half %. So Frost won't suffer that much from ice proc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Varacal said:

most of the time, if you face fire to ice, ice loses, maybe you're thinking about hydroid

We are not talking about instant fire vs ice.
When any frame is on fire proc, the fire is on frame not instantly getting fire source from somewhere. For example put on fire something and using a flamethrower is a lot different. Flamethrower makes fire instantly, while put something on fire is not a instant fire.
If you turn on flamethrower and you try to use water, you can say the water loses too -_-, because fire is getting instantly out from the fire thrower.
And ice in warm turns to water, sooooo...... you know.

So for example if you are sitting in fire source in warframe his ice powers will remove fire proc for a sec, but still getting fire proc all the time because of sitting in fire source.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Varacal said:

most of the time, if you face fire to ice, ice loses, maybe you're thinking about hydroid

Frost is not really about ice. He's about frost, so we have heat vs frost. It's like angels and devils in HoMM3 - they hate each other and do 50% more damage to each other.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just imagine Warframe elemental combo effect during the Mythbuster's Fire vs Extinguisher episode

fire-vs-extinguisher.jpg

one could say if there were to be any effect involving fire vs ice there would also be a friendly proc chance to make things

"Fair" (amusing)

Realistically when water & fire meet water turns to vapor and fire loses heat, lose enough heat and the reaction process stops, fire dies. (with respect to exothermic chemical reactions, of course)

But!, in a situation such as in the current tact-survival you are in a giant metal oven that's a-flame, unless you drop earths polar icecaps into the ship

nothing is really going to make an impact.

In-fact when using life support it should come with an explosion as  a mass of combustible gasses just got added.

But thankfully this is a silly game mode not overly realistic, much to the frustration to a decent many.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tsoe said:

TEST 1

 

Set yourself on Fire

Now ask a friend to throw an ice bucket on you

Keep Burning...

 

End of the Test

The problem is that Frost is not throwing ice -_- , He just something like put ice on his skin, not throw ice.
For example while using Snow Glove it freezes enemies.
 

Edited by IfritKajiTora
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

The problem is that Frost is not throwing ice -_- , He just something like put ice on his skin, not throw ice.
For example while using Snow Glove it freezes enemies.
 

In fact Frames shouldnt sufer fire proc from walking into fire

Only napalm atck and such(magic fire bullets)  should set them on fire since they dont have any burnable material on them

They could suffer from heat but not actually burn

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel I should drop some science in here (though it seems a bunch of people already know this):

Cold does not put out Fire. At all. You can light a fire in Antarctica as well as you can in your back yard. Temperature has little real effect on the state of flames. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tsoe said:

In fact Frames shouldnt sufer fire proc from walking into fire

Only napalm atck and such(magic fire bullets)  should set them on fire since they dont have any burnable material on them

They could suffer from heat but not actually burn

With intense heat can cause burn, frames are susceptible to fire damage, either from enemies or environmental hazard due to their cosmetics and it doesn't mean they shouldn't be damaged because they don't have burnable material, because they do. 

19 hours ago, Tsoe said:

In fact Frames shouldnt sufer fire proc from walking into fire

^ This is semantically dull. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2016 at 1:19 PM, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

Just imagine Warframe elemental combo effect during the Mythbuster's Fire vs Extinguisher episode

fire-vs-extinguisher.jpg

one could say if there were to be any effect involving fire vs ice there would also be a friendly proc chance to make things

"Fair" (amusing)

Realistically when water & fire meet water turns to vapor and fire loses heat, lose enough heat and the reaction process stops, fire dies. (with respect to exothermic chemical reactions, of course)

But!, in a situation such as in the current tact-survival you are in a giant metal oven that's a-flame, unless you drop earths polar icecaps into the ship

nothing is really going to make an impact.

In-fact when using life support it should come with an explosion as  a mass of combustible gasses just got added.

But thankfully this is a silly game mode not overly realistic, much to the frustration to a decent many.

1+

Really appreciated your lesson.

Too often too many people just start arguing going "all in" with "Fantasy Physics and Chemistry" without knowing what would happen for real.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

With intense heat can cause burn, frames are susceptible to fire damage, either from enemies or environmental hazard due to their cosmetics and it doesn't mean they shouldn't be damaged because they don't have burnable material, because they do. 

 

i well i said they should take damage from walking into fire (more like standing for long into it)  cause just walking in a tiny fire shouldnt hurt a Warframe... walking into lava or alike could hurt though

but not being set on fire themself

i have hard time thinking that Almighty God like armours would use burnable cosmetics and material....

Edited by Tsoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tsoe said:

i well i said they should take damage from walking into fire (more like standing for long into it)  cause just walking in a tiny fire shouldnt hurt a Warframe... walking into lava or alike could hurt though

but not being set on fire themself

i have hard time thinking that Almighty God like armours would use burnable cosmetics and material....

I concur with you but let's see how DE chooses it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2016 at 5:30 AM, Varacal said:

most of the time, if you face fire to ice, ice loses, maybe you're thinking about hydroid

You are talking about normal fire/ice, if we were to talk about magic/magitech/tech ice, ice wins most if not all of the time. See comics/movies/video games for any referral. I would bet you all the plat ever purchased Frost would freeze any fire in this game solid.

 

Edited for spelling. 

Edited by Cyphrus
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...