Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "no content" of this summer

trunks013

Alright Guys i don't do that often but it may look like a complain but its more of a Wake-up Call.

If you are a DE just "goto last line" almost nothing to see for you here.

I saw people saying that this summer we had no content / no updates.

Personaly i think its false. Lets see we had 50 Hotfix/Update from june 1st to now.

Including Weapons,Skins,Game Modes, Game Modes rework ( even if some does not like it) , a quest with a new warframe, Augment Mods , Rework, Prime stuff , New system ( relic , endo and more ) , new star chart , new market place and more.

I understand that some people in end-game get bored. But technicly we had content.

I also understand that some changed unpleasant. 

But guys wake up i dont know any game that had this much of added content in 4 months and still reacting to the community. Rly name me one except DE and they still take the time to go to event ( i know they canceled some but we all know why)

So to my fellow tenno. Please give DE a little time and Breathing space. Keep in mind almost the whole stuff was suposed to come in ONE update...

I'm not kidding they just splitted the update so we can get stuff. Take a sec and get the picture it was suposed to be ONE UPDATE the size ive never seen before.

I will probably get a warning point but some tenno need to take a step back and take a look at the ammount of work DE made this summer.

Thanks for reading this.

I made a little list fast. ( almost in order of release )

Dark Split-Sword
New Operator Customizations! 
We've added new Tenno Faces & Somatic Markings for free!
We've added new Face Attachments & Hairstyles for Platinum! 
New Augments 
•    Wukong: Primal Rage: Primal Fury Augment- Killing an enemy increases Critical Chance by 10% up to 100%. The increase decays by 1% per second. (does not double effect of other melee crit mods)
•    Wukong: Iron Vault: Iron Jab Augment - Aiming Iron Jab at the ground launches Wukong into the air. Executing a slam attack increased range by 15m and applies 500% extra damage.
•    Nekros: Creeping Terrify: Terrify Augment - Affected enemies have 60% reduced movement speed.
•    Ivara: Infiltrate: Prowl Augment: Ivara is able to bypass laser barriers and gains 25% movement speed. 
Volt Changes
•    Volt can now place up to 6 Electric Shields (was 4).
•    Volt will be able to see the Speed pickup he creates. *Please note that you will not see the Speed pickup if you're playing on Solo Mode.
•    Volt can now recast Speed (like Mirage's Eclipse). Each recast will replace the prior speed pickup to the new casting location.
•    Tweaked the animation of Volt’s Speed pickup to spin more. 
Lunaro Game Mode
Rathuum Additions
Arenas
•    Added a Level 85 Arena to Sedna – Vodyanoi
     - Executioners have received 50-100% more health and 50% more armour.
     - Executioners have a 15% chance to drop an Uncommon Fusion Core and a 5% chance to
       drop a Rare Fusion Core.
•    Added new Modifier – Reinforcements:
    -Adds additional Executioners to the fight (Level 20 = 1 extra, Level 40 = 2 extra, Level 60 = 3
    extra, Level 85 = 4 extra).
Executioners
•    Executioner Dhurnam added to Level 60 and Level 85 Arenas.
•    Executioner Harkonar has been equipped with a modified Buzlok that fires a single high-powered bullet, but emits a laser sight before firing to give players a chance to dodge or move out of LoS.
•    “Silent Battery” is a new uncommon shotgun Mod that may drop from Executioner Dhurnam. 
Riv skin
•    Riv Elite-Guards Bundle - This ornate set of guards was worn by ancient Lunaro champions. 
•    Riv Arcata Skin  - A stylized Arcata skin for Lunaro.
•    The Riv Comp-Guard and Riv Min-Guard armor sets are available from Teshin!

•    Executioner Dhurnam Noggle Statue has been added to the Market.
NEW STARCHART 
Void 2.0
Void Fissures & Relics
Warframe Mission Sound 2.0
Archwing Overhaul!
New Archwing Mission Types!
    Archwing Pursuit (Saturn - Pandora)
    Archwing Rush (Phobos - Kepler)

New Archwing Mods & Weapons!
    Archwing Melee - Agkuza: Tear apart incoming enemies with this massive hooked blade.
    Archwing Primary - Cyngas: Unload deadly accurate bursts of mayhem.
    New Dual Stat Archwing Mods (At full rank):
New Support Archwing: Amesha!
Market Overhaul!
Kavats & Companion System Improvements
Wysar Kavat Armor and Saraba Kavat Armor
New Lore System: Fragments
Each picture can be Displayed in a variety of formats:
The Okina are here! 
New Dual Dagger Stance: Spinning Needle
Melee Holstering customization is here!
Item Linking in Chat!
Item linking is a popular pastime in many MMOs, and now you’ll be able to link items in Warframe’s chat by typing “[“ plus the name of the item you wish to link! Clicking the link will open a description of that item. We hope this will also help the [Flow] when trading your [Spare Parts]!
Archwing Changes & Fixes:
    Rush
    Pursuit
Heliocor - Obtain enlightenment with this massive hammer that performs a Codex scan on each fatal strike. Scans require an equipped Codex Scanner and an available charge. 
The Tekelu Collection - Forged by masters from the Tekelu School of weaponsmiths, these skins feature intricate designs of an unmatched quality. 
Xiphos Skins - Get the unique and stylish Xiphos Ifrit and Henipa Skins for your Landing Craft.
Nova Asuri Collection
Nekros Changes
Nekros Prime 
Titania
GLYPHS
OPERATOR OUTFITS – Pick up the latest in Operator attire. Now available the vogueish Koppra Outfit and the unconventional Varida Outfit.  
APOXYS SYANDANA – This malignant growth hangs elegantly on the shoulders of any Tenno. Complete this look by adding on the matching Pox Weapon. 
SARPA – Makes sweeping cuts punctuated by bursts of heavy gunfire.
POX – These festering sacs of pus and gas burst violently on impact. Complete this look by adding on the matching Apoxys Syandana.
NEW MELEE STANCE: Bullet Dance!
Raptor 2.0 Boss Fight!
Fusion Simplified: The endo
Augments!
    Nyx: Absorb: Assimilate - Nyx can move at 50% speed while using Absorb, but the area is reduced by half.
    Nezha: Warding Halo: Safeguard - Can now be cast on allies with 50% effectiveness. 
    Atlas: Landslide: Path of Statues - Leave a trail for 12s that petrifies enemies for 6s.
Added Rarity colour grading to the Relic Reward selection screen in Fissure missions. ( must hilight this one)
Lunaro changes
    New Conclave weapon skins for the following weapons can now be purchased for standing from Tehsin once you’ve acquired the Typhoon rank:
    New Arena!
Steel Meridian Themed Map: The valorous troops of the Steel Meridian were greatly pleased by the skill and honor found within Lunaro matches and have constructed a variant of the Arena for friendly Tenno to enjoy. Find the new map in rotation today.
New Warm-Up System!
New Gameplay Mechanics!
New Penalty/Reward System!
Syndicate Melees
Ayatan
Resource Caches/Crates!
Manduka Operator Suit
NightWatch : Tactical Alert and New Weapon Skins Available!  

Thanks to DE for the great job. Its really apreciated.

PS: sorry for typos and bad grammar

PS2: The whole thing is of course linked to each individual definition of "content" for me it means stuff to either own,do,complete and try

Edited by trunks013

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

My fear is that the current flavour of content from DE is cinematic quests. If it takes this long to pump out one quest, then maybe its not worth the development resources.... Let's keep in mind currently quests are one and done content. I loved the second dream. How many of you have played second dream again since christmas? 

I really don't know what to expect from War Within. I'm excited for the quest but... am I gonna play the quest, have a great time, and then wait another 10 months for a major content push? To me it just doesn't make sense. 

From the other thread i posted on about content drought. 

3 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Unless the quest introduce a new system like the second dream did.

DE can still add more content tought.

Why add another new system when focus is dangling by a thread? Shrug. Something isn't really adding up with the whole design philosophy of DE currently.

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Why add another new system when focus is dangling by a thread? Shrug. Something isn't really adding up with the whole design philosophy of DE currently.

I was personaly thinking more about an expand of it or a partial rework of it. We saw an arm weapons once i was suposed to be related to focus. 

But yeah focus need a little of love :)

Edited by trunks013

interesting.gif

I do agree progress on new content has been a bit slow, however I do see that things are added/changed each month.  Honestly though...  I don't have a clear sense of where they're headed with Warframe.  Don't know if they feel the game is 85% done already or if just 50%..  Hahaha, I know that's a terrible way to gauge progress (using percentages, etc.), but I'd like to think that Warframe is only half done now if even that.  Lots of cool ideas, but not executed properly.  I know a good portion of the Tenno don't care about Archwing, but I want more from it.  It has the potential to be such a cool game mode.

1 hour ago, sushidubya said:

I know a good portion of the Tenno don't care about Archwing, but I want more from it.  It has the potential to be such a cool game mode.

I love AW, Caelus for me is far more engaging than Hieracon. Problem is, they botched the endo conversion and never fixed it. So now those old 5R5 rotations give like 50 endo.

Edited by Skaleek

22 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Personaly i think its false. Lets see we had 50 Hotfix/Update from june 1st to now.

Including Weapons,Skins,Game Modes, Game Modes rework ( even if some does not like it) , a quest with a new warframe, Augment Mods , Rework, Prime stuff , New system ( relic , endo and more ) , new star chart , new market place and more.

Hotfixes are not content so they dont really count.

As for weapons, they are barely content for a veteran, how long does it take to max out a weapon, will you use it? even if it doesnt hold up to your powercreeped gear?

Endo is not really new content either, just an overhaul of the old Fussion Cores, a welcomed change to be sure, but not really endgame, more like an upgrade to the fusion system. Still dont like the name change, why endo? 

Game modes rework: Archwing got killed pretty badly, first with its "improved" handling, and second with the removal of anything worth farming from its droptables. The movement has been somewhat addressed, but the auto-rotation is still pretty uncomfortable, and moving fast in trench run missions is frustrating to say the least.

Relic System: despite not liking this system, it does have some merits. The only problem i see with the relic system is that it removed the false endgame we had in the form of the void. It would have been perfect had we received a true form of endgame.

New star chart, its not the first time we get this. Not really content either, just affects game progression, this will mostly affect new players, since in my experience i didnt notice any change. 

New market, a nice improved look, but not really game content.

Skins are barely content either, since they are behind a paywall, so unless you farm platinum, or buy it with actual money, not every player can access this portion of the game.

Lunaro: it is ok. But most people play Warframe for its pve aspect, so Lunaro only appeals to a certain amount of players.

35 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

So to my fellow tenno. Please give DE a little time and Breathing space. Keep in mind almost the whole stuff was suposed to come in ONE update

This is curious though. The update was separated, so we could get content. But at the same time the War Within was very early in development, DE said they had the final version of the script a few weeks ago.

In any case i dont think the War Within will live up to its hype. But i hope it does.

14 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

snip

Thats actualy all to the definition of content.

Personaly i think it is content. I dont use archwing / lunaro a lot but i cannot say its not content.

I consider added features and rework as content. 

But as i said its all up to the personal definition of content.

What is yours ?

Makes me think of a guy saying he is not drinking but is definition is a cup of wine a week. For me its not drinking for more than 10 years.

Same as smoking.My mother was saying that for her stoping was 1 pack a day ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

There is one problem- almost everything from your list isn't what most people call content. Cosmetics, augments, weapons are hardly content. Only notable features on the list are relics, Lunaro (though it concerns only those who play PvP, so minority) recent tactical alert, Titania, maybe Endo and SC 3.0, maybe AW though hardly anyone plays it

Edited by Slaviar

5 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

There is one problem- almost everything from your list isn't what most people call content. Cosmetics, augments, weapons are hardly content. Only notable features on the list are relics, Lunaro (though it concerns only those who play PvP, so minority) recent tactical alert, Titania, maybe Endo and SC 3.0, maybe AW though hardly anyone plays it

Just define me content please i'm kinda stuck into a "linguistic twilight" here. 

I mean it if i translate content in my language believe me it does not mean what you think at all.

4 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Just define me content please i'm kinda stuck into a "linguistic twilight" here. 

I mean it if i translate content in my language believe me it does not mean what you think at all.

Technically, all things on your list are content. However, when using word "content" most players mean something new to play. Game modes, warframes, quests

3 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

Technically, all things on your list are content. However, when using word "content" most players mean something new to play. Game modes, warframes, quests

Oh allright then.

In the first definition of content ( wich is probably the correct translation meaning "stuff" that i got) we had plenty of it.

In the second definition we only had Lunaro , Titania and the related quest. All the other things were aditions like weapons/skins/rework and are not really new.

Then yeah you guys are right its not content. like i said previously its linked to the personal definition of content. 

I'm not one to consider items or enemies as content. they are objects within content.
I consider Lunaro, Silver Grove and Focus as content but not the items they introduce. As sub types of their parent they could inherently be considered content but they're still objects within content and not content itself.

I don't think the amount of content is as much of an issue as the quality of the content. A 2 hour quest is not as long lasting as a revamp to the core system.

I believe the Void rework proved this as we lost endless reward missions which had MUCH more long lasting effect on the game than the method of item acquisition itself.

Arcanes, Team Synergy, Theory crafting, Prime items and to some extent even maxing mods has all lost value due to this "Content". The result is less overall play value and I think that's where DE has been going wrong. They're focused on these 2 hour long fluff content while the core game, the thing that keeps people playing is left in the dirt. I got Nekros Prime gear out of boredom, not interest. There's no place to make use of any of that gear anymore.

Similarly Silver Grove has no replay purpose because Corrosive Projection rules supreme. The Focus system in the same way is only 1/10 interesting because many of the abilities simply aren't good in the current system.

Everything they do, even if the content is actually finished, comes up short because of the neglected flaws of the core content. 

Might I remind you that we've been waiting for the war within since at least june, or pre-june? And since then we've had delay after delay after delay and it's still not done. 

Now my issue isn't specifically that we've had to wait for an update. No. 

My issue is that we've had to be fed excuses like "we want it to be perfect for you so we're not releasing it until then" when every single bit of content released during the wait has been flawed with bugs, half baked mechanics, and has been untested (or relatively untested) since to my knowledge there isn't a public test realm for warframe. And all the content released was supposed to be released with the war within, so having it split up so much.. WITHOUT the main quest or changes to back it up has really hurt the flow of the game (at least in my opinion). 

Lets look at what wasn't necessary content on the way to the war within shall we? 

-Lunaro. (seriously, rocket league in warframe, and it came out half baked with unthoughtout mechanics and spammy stuns with goals barely big enough to fit the ball and controls counter to normal gameplay with the lack of bulletjump while holding the ball)

-Titania (I love her, but was she really a necessity when you consider how much working on her slowed down TWW creation having to make a whole new quest, new plants, and scatter those plants all over the starchart)

-Archwing changes (The flight system was completely an unnecessary change. And while it's nice they added a healer archwing, the missions they added don't really feel like they work.)

-Syndicate weapons (Just.. what? Why were these even pushed forward from TWW?)

-Nekros Prime, Tigris Prime, Galatine Prime (Okay so these were probably going to show up whether or not TWW came out or not. But with the small team they have it still slows their progress) 

-All the other random weapons released since june. 

-Void Changes (should have been left for TWW. Especially since when it was changed it converted my hard earned void keys into MAG part relics. I need the new content, like vauban... I don't need vaulted stuff to be the majority of what my keys turned into)

Seriously, TWW Could be out already if all this stuff wasn't stuffed into the update forcing them to split it. I don't know about you but i was excited and enjoyed the second dream for the story and seeing my own warframe do these things. I didn't enjoy the second dream just because stalker came out with new weapons for me to farm him for, or whatever was released at the time for it (I don't even remember what that was now other than focus, because none of it mattered in the bigger picture of the game) And I can tell you with all honesty that a year after TWW will be released I won't remember what content came out with it other than whatever gameplay changes come about, and the story for it. Not all the extra fluff

7 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Thats actualy all to the definition of content.

Personaly i think it is content. I dont use archwing / lunaro a lot but i cannot say its not content.

I consider added features and rework as content. 

But as i said its all up to the personal definition of content.

What is yours ?

Makes me think of a guy saying he is not drinking but is definition is a cup of wine a week. For me its not drinking for more than 10 years.

Same as smoking.My mother was saying that for her stoping was 1 pack a day ^.^ 

Seems to be a problem of definition as you say. For me more doesnt equal better. In that regard yeah, we got a lot of stuff in the game, but at the same time a lot of it is just filler. Weekly weapons barely count as something "new and exiting" when you do it for 3 years. Especially considering how a lot of those weapons are sadly MR fodder, im not saying they should break a new powercreep ceiling though. 

Lunaro is ok, but (for me at least) is just a way of getting the conclave skins, since i dread pvp. 

Archwing had a few problems before SotR, but none of them was movement. For the first days after the update trying to play archwing was an exercise in futility. Thank god DE has patched some of the problems, like the absurd momentum that made trench run impossible to begin with, but problems yet remain, like auto rotation. Worst of all is the removal of rewards from drop tables.

Sure we can define content as adding new stuff. But new is not always better. What i would like is content that is engaging and worth coming back for, instead of reworks of already working mechanics (endo, archwing). So far i find little reason to come back to the game.

And lastly, drinking a cup of wine a week is not really drinking. But smoking a pack a day sure is.

Edited by John89brensen

I think a lot of people need to consider that the update name of 'The War Within' is just a name.  Beyond containing the quest of the same name, what is actually to be expected of the 'The War Within' update?  Everything listed in the OP is content that would have been in 'The War Within' if the quest had been ready.  Apart from the quest, nothing is being delayed.  Lunaro and Titania were supposed to be part of 'The War Within' and instead were put out by themselves in updates with different names when they were ready.  If DE had never said that there would be an update called 'The War Within' but had still put out all that content through the other updates we've had would people be so livid about a single quest being delayed?

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

I think a lot of people need to consider that the update name of 'The War Within' is just a name.  Beyond containing the quest of the same name, what is actually to be expected of the 'The War Within' update?  Everything listed in the OP is content that would have been in 'The War Within' if the quest had been ready.  Apart from the quest, nothing is being delayed.  Lunaro and Titania were supposed to be part of 'The War Within' and instead were put out by themselves in updates with different names when they were ready.  If DE had never said that there would be an update called 'The War Within' but had still put out all that content through the other updates we've had would people be so livid about a single quest being delayed?

Shush now, you're being too reasonable.

I think a lot of folks are under the impression that Warframe is the only major project DE is working on right now, and we know for a fact that isn't true. Their available manpower is split between at least two (probably three?) separate game projects, and Warframe is probably not receiving the largest portion of work-hours right now.

If people are upset about the delays, "content drought," or just about anything else to do with Warframe right now... I think the realities of business are more to blame than any other factor.

Edited by notlamprey
typo'd

hotfixes shows for me less professional working and even more, it seems like DE missunderstood something or wanna make me believe their totally unprofessional behaving is development

let me dig into: costs of primepacks and platinum in relation to the mass of hotfixes, updates etc.

again, for me it looks like somebody think this game is his or thems private laboratory which we and i which use a lot of real money pay for them

i feel fooled, disrespected and blamed every day more i take a look on their useless shows (streamings) and even more steves lill postings about changes with his gifs

this is a waste of time for me, i dont care about all this nonsense, even more this high emotional shows for nothing in all directions like this events with no results then even more hotfixes and even later development releases

nobody at DE can make me feel well with their show ...

should i go on DE ? i think not

DE, im pleased you stop your tries to pull your understanding of economy and development into my wellpaying wallet (mind) because you miss more then you can understand for yourself, you start creating wounds where i have to protect myself before your smiling offering faces and how you behave in first hand and row

i know you ignore high agressive inside your (spoken to the heads of the team) how reality and economy functions the healthy way

you can take my feedback or you can go on with your "selcreated path" of nonsense im not familiar neither interested even a moment longer

just giving you a chance for a quick change right here and now

good luck, DE, reality functions different then you try to make me - in first hand - and for all the gaming community in general - in second hand ...

thank you, change your cashgurus ... fire them, as well as i think its too late, you are taken over allready, and you allowed it

so do me favor, go, zip your cocktails at some beach and give me a break ^^)

time is over for me ... even that i buy plat and play warframe (^^

and finally the cash has allready eaten you, GL, its needed as it looks like ...

Edited by Guest