Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please get rid of Syndicate bursts?

Insizer

1 hour ago, VikingoX said:

That's the purpose YOU take a syndicate weapon. 

If I had a choice to turn off the syndicate blast I probably would on most of the weapons.

Take the Rakta Cernos for example, it is my favourite bow that I would take on every stealth mission if I could, yet I never take it because the blast defeats the whole reason why i would use a bow in the first place, it ruins stealth.

I've no objection to being given an option to disable syndicate blasts. Forcibly removing them is what bothers me.

On 10/4/2016 at 0:13 AM, Insizer said:

Before I start my rant, I want to clear up something: When I say "Syndicate Burst" I am talking strictly about the elemental explosion that occurs when the meters on syndicate weapons and syndicate mod augmented weapons become filled. I am not talking about the the buff/regen that occurs simultaneously with the syndicate burst, (I'll call them "buff bursts" for the sake of clarity and because it rolls off the tongue).

Rant:

From the second syndicate weapons came out I have never been a fan of syndicate bursts. I think that they are ridiculous.

1. They make very little sense, even for a game with magical space ninjas.
  2. They are one of the most blatantly cheesy things in the game. "If I or my allies shoot enough enemies, then I get to nuke my surroundings."
  3. The element of the syndicate bursts become a (very silly) factor by which to judge weapons.
  4. They make high kills/min weapons even more effective in terms of damage and kill/slaughter power than low kills/min weapons because the higher kills/min weapons can charge their meter faster. This only further widens the gap between the two.

I am not against the buff bursts at all. It is an interesting mechanic than truly divides syndicate weapons from their regular counterparts. Buff bursts also do not interrupt gameplay and do not add cheese by wiping entire rooms.

Another point: if you get rid of syndicate bursts then you wont need to assign a new key/button to control it, which would make things easier on consoles because their controllers commands are already at saturation point.

So to the dev team: please get rid of syndicate bursts. 

Please, stop asking for every, single, thing, that YOU don't like, to be removed from the game.  You forum monkeys are worse than a sewing circle.  If you don't like it, don't use it.  Stop trying to take things away from the MAJORITY of people who don't post on these forums and enjoy using things as they are.

1 hour ago, Ziden_ said:

Please, stop asking for every, single, thing, that YOU don't like, to be removed from the game.  You forum monkeys are worse than a sewing circle.  If you don't like it, don't use it.  Stop trying to take things away from the MAJORITY of people who don't post on these forums and enjoy using things as they are.

If you don't like the forums you don't need  to use them.

Besides, are you so naive as to think that DE even SEES 95% of the posts here? Unless the community outrage is HUGE, like with the vacuum feedback, they mostly turn a blind eye. Unless a large margin of posts on the forums calls for something, nothing changes.

On 10/16/2016 at 9:57 AM, DoomFruit said:

Would I use it? Probably not. It destroys cameras when I finish a spy vault, I can time my kills just right on sabotages to blow the reactor instantly, and the explosion is generally good for taking the heat off me in tough situations. It's got utility. And lots of it.

• On the flip side, you can grab an AOE weapon to blow up cameras, or shoot the cameras, or avoid the cameras. Or use your weapons, or AOE weapons to blow up reactors.
  • I never said they have no utility, just that they are pure cheese

Syndicate explosions do not cheese through 99% of the gameplay, not even close. Remember that for it to explode, you're already required to gain XP for it. That means either you kill with it (in which case the explosion doesn't matter, you're already doing damage) or someone else kills for you (in which case the explosion doesn't matter either, since someone else is doing the killing for you).

99% is probably a wrong statistic, Yes they do cheese through content,Just because you or someone else needs kills (or "doing damage") to charge it doesn't make the explosion "not matter". Again, it wipes rooms through the vast majority of the star map, and remains effective past then, being able to maim enemies on Sedna. How is that not cheesing through 99% of gameplay when it wipes the floor with enemies for 99% of the star map without any real work?

You don't like syndicate explosions. Fine. Then don't use syndicate weapons. That's all you need to do. Don't ruin the game for those of us who do like it.

Already addressed:

On 10/15/2016 at 5:11 PM, Insizer said:

Not using the weapon is a legitimate suggestion. However, just because I don't use it doesn't mean that other won't, and that they won't be clearing entire rooms or damaging enemies with a ridiculous damage/status AOE that makes the entire mission a periodic series of anticlimaxes. One might reply "then don't play with others, or just play with your friends", to which I would reply "That isn't much of an argument. Rather than discussing the issue, you brush it off and say 'what's wrong with you?'"

Also, I have no issues with the weapons themselves, I actually like them very much. What I don't like are syndicate bursts.

3 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

As long as they replace them with something useful and effective, I think they should get rid of them.

It depends on what they replace it with, but yes. So long as it is fair, makes sense, isn't conceptually designed by a 1st grader, and doesn't turn gameplay into a series of anitclimatic explosions.