Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Forma Economy and Idea for the Void

SquireAngel

Back in the yonder days of the oh, month or two ago, before SotR brought the Void change, Forma flowed from the void like milk and honey, much to the chagrin of Prime hunters. When ever a new shiny made it's way to the scene, parading about, potential yet untapped by potatos and cheese that's forma, till they make it a Veggie to, with forma BP to spare. Now, however, we have the choice of a single shiny for our foray into fissure fields, but with nary a fickle farmer filching forma, the fields have flopped, and the flow...flatulent I failed to find an F word that fit. On a more serious note, Forma has always held something of an odd position in WF. On the one hand, it's an important item for progression, weather it be allowing more mods into a build, the TWO required to forma an Exilus Adapter, or the sacrifice for dojos/weapons/Syndicate bribe offerings. However, in the previous incarnation of the void, it was often in place of something shiny we 'actually' wanted, and now, with the new relic system, we have the choice between a tool of progression, and something new and shiny. Guess which one gets chosen? Forma is now limited to 1 per mission, assuming you choose it, and seems a lackluster reward for a run, when there are other prime parts from other relics up for grabs. Thing is, we aren't just needing 1 forma on things. We're needing upwards of 4 on frames (keeping in mind that even a frame that 'requires' a two forma build will need 2 MORE for the exilus adapter slot), and weapons can go anywhere from 1 to 6 forma for a completed build. How then, do we repopulate the the Forma Economy?

My thought is to give unto the Void. You see, many players now complain and ask a question; 'whats the point of running the void now that the relic system exists?' My spin is to put Forma BP into the void loot tables again. Forma has had something of an bad run of luck, despite the useful nature it has. In the Old void, it was usually abundant in loot tables, and we felt it was in place of a better piece of prime gear. Now in the Relic system, we have choice, and it sits in something of the same position. However, if it was placed in the void, which has little appeal in it's loot tables, it would sit as the top loot, and with how useful they can be, I imagine few players would complain at being able to farm Forma specifically. 

I don't see it. Run 10 fissure missions, chances of you needing every one of those new and shiny parts on every one of those runs is pretty low. I pick up formas with my ducats runs. It's all about priority. If I don't get the part I want, or a rare, I pick up the forma. 

Not to mention, at the moment, it's not even worth putting more than one or 2 forma on anything. There's no map that needs it. 

It'd be nice to see it in the void drops along with other stuff as a way to bring the void back, but The fissure system isn't broken with how it drops forma. Players just need to prioritize. Do you need that part? or that forma next?

That's my opinion atleast

1 minute ago, Mutt2679 said:

I don't see it. Run 10 fissure missions, chances of you needing every one of those new and shiny parts on every one of those runs is pretty low. I pick up formas with my ducats runs. It's all about priority. If I don't get the part I want, or a rare, I pick up the forma. 

Not to mention, at the moment, it's not even worth putting more than one or 2 forma on anything. There's no map that needs it. 

It'd be nice to see it in the void drops along with other stuff as a way to bring the void back, but The fissure system isn't broken with how it drops forma. Players just need to prioritize. Do you need that part? or that forma next?

That's my opinion atleast

You're correct that it isn't broken, but that doesn't mean it can't be better. Looking at it from multiple angles shows the weaknesses. On the 'top' end from a vet player perspective, You want to be able to advance your frames/weapons. Having the ability to farm Forma from the void not only gives older players incentive to go back the void, it allows fissure farming to remain fissure farming, rather than being a frustrating grind for forma. You can claim 'it not worth investing more than 1/2 forma', but that's a poor excuse. We have 8 slots to fill, and plenty of mods to fill them; there isn't really a reason not to repeatedly forma weapons to allow for a full, or 'maximized' build, as I call it in my op. You may choose not to invest more than that, but many of us do, and not being able to can be frustrating. 

From the 'middle' side, you have mr 8-15ish people, who have started to acquire prime parts, and start looking to make some of dem platz on trading. This can be for cosmetics, slots, mods, etc. To them, they have very little incentive to take a forma over something remotely valuable from a fissure run. They're starting to get more heavily invested in the game; growing past the base frames and starting to seek the prime versions of their favorite frames and guns. They have no real reason to stockpile forma yet, so they pass on it in lue of shinier loot. Once they hit they're stride, it'd be nice if they could farm forma without having to grind for relics, then run for forma, instead of possible plat. 

On the Short side, you have the swaddling little nublets; the life blood for the continuation of the game. Many newer players wont even know what Forma is, and with easiest and biggest boost coming from those delicious tatters, and will be able to slot in all their unranked/moderately ranked mods. They won't know what Forma or possibly even polarities are, so they'll pass on em, looking for shiny new guns and frames. While this is all fine and dandy, it'll stunt their ability to fluidly progress later on, when they started to max those mods out and hit the max that tatters can allow. 

The void has several tiers, and at all tiers, there's a place for each spot of player. The fluidity of the Forma economy is important because it is such a major staple for progression of weapons and frames in the later tiers of content. 

33 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

You're correct that it isn't broken, but that doesn't mean it can't be better. Looking at it from multiple angles shows the weaknesses. On the 'top' end from a vet player perspective, You want to be able to advance your frames/weapons. Having the ability to farm Forma from the void not only gives older players incentive to go back the void, it allows fissure farming to remain fissure farming, rather than being a frustrating grind for forma. You can claim 'it not worth investing more than 1/2 forma', but that's a poor excuse. We have 8 slots to fill, and plenty of mods to fill them; there isn't really a reason not to repeatedly forma weapons to allow for a full, or 'maximized' build, as I call it in my op. You may choose not to invest more than that, but many of us do, and not being able to can be frustrating. 

From a vet's perspective, It would take more than a chance at forma to get me back into the void. But that's a topic for another thread. 

It's great to see people want to maximize their frames. It seemed to me like that was a dying group of tenno. And trust me, I am in that group. Maxing out gear and pushing it to limits is why I'm still playing this game and so addicted. :S haha

I'm not against adding it back in to the drop tables, but I think I'd still farm it in the fissures when I need it. You can close out a fissure really quick, have a chance at a rare prime part, and 4 chances to get it every run rather then 1 chance every run/wave. There's a lot less grind in the fissures then there was in the old void for everything, forma included. Prioritizing what you need on that fissure reward screen is required. Stockpile on forma bp's and build it daily. Replenish your stock when you aren't hurting for ducats, or when you didn't get the part you were looking for. It drops more than enough in the fissures. 

To each there own though. If it's more enjoyable for you to farm it out of the void, That's great, and I wish you luck with it. :) Hopefully DE has more planned for the void, and this suggestion can be incorporated. 

Edited by Mutt2679
I speelz real good