Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anndddd it's already October.

[DE]Steve

Just now, CoRRh said:

I'm aware of how it works. If anything, the scale of the quest they're making is much more work than the systems they're implementing.

The people that do the animations for the quest cutscenes and the people who voice the characters and the people that create the lore are mostly different sets of people from those that program and create the systems. Besides, DE has pumped out okay systems in under a month before. I'm sure any systems they made to come out in conjunction with the quest have been finished (besides the parts that depend on the quest) for months. Especially if they actually have the final idea of what they're going to release.

So you think they're sitting on this one to piss you off? Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly it. Couldn't possibly be because they actually want to appeal to their players as much as humanly possible.

7 minutes ago, CoRRh said:

That's the problem. It isn't going to BE perfect. It will release with bugs. It will have revelations that divide the community like with the tenno kids. It won't be perfect.

In my opinion, Digital Extremes tries too hard to please their players. If it's going to be anything short of perfect and that's the players general opinion, then they shouldn't even be trying. May as well just deploy an update riddled with bugs and glitches that make the game virtually unplayable. At least the content will be available to you to play, right?

Oh, but wait, they did that. And the community complained.

Can you not be satisfied? Or even mildly satiated?

I cannot even pretend to guess that I know why it's being delayed. There could be aspects of the update they haven't even teased. For all I know, it's the minor minutiae (addressing bugs, gameplay fixes, maybe some balancing) that they want to fix before deploying, I don't know. And to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it's a completely different game when it does deploy.

@[DE]Steve
I just hope you dont announce thing like really soon, TWW hype is starts dying (well for others, i personally never thought of TWW is ready at least a year after The Second Dream, so the hype in me still lives).

And also,
http://warframe.com/thepath/ ,
that page needs to be updated from a "few week" to "few months".

But, please, next time you working on some stuff, don't announce when it will release, just say Soon like you do is ok. Early announcement but then a lot of delays, and not just one but few times delayed, kills the feel. I rather have you plan things for longer time but if you could finish and polish them before your appointed time, that would be better.

Sincerely, a warlord of a small clan that's pretty much empty most of the time.

Edit: and oh, i'm fine with the vacuum works and looking towards "The Index"

Edited by Xsoskeleton
forgotten part

3 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

I don't. I'd prefer it if they never even mentioned this update. What was that song line? "You say it best when you say nothing at all."

It's better if they dont say anything at all about TWW at the first palce quite months ago, but they already says about releasing it soon, but then delays, they have to tell us why of course.

3 minutes ago, Rubicon2.0 said:

I do not think that the left people will stay when the quest will be pass for about 1-2hr, and then what ? We need a gameplay :)

That depends on what additional game mechanics come with TWW. The quest itself won't keep people, I don't think, but if it makes Focus great and has its own awesome mechanic that enhances gameplay enough, I could easily see everyone who swore off the game come back, just like with the old Modern Warfare 2 boycott.

I'm gonna guess what will be in War Within along with the stuff already announced for it since it seems to be taking long (not helped by being short staffed for about a week)

• New Quest that will be huge
  • Something about Queens
  • Something about Teshin
  • Something about Operators
  • Something about G3
  • Surprise Stalker lore
  • New system
  • New tileset
  • Banshee Prime access
  • Bard Frame
  • Ember Prime gets unvaulted
  • Sentient Weapons
  • Surprise Ambulas Rework
  • Nightwatch becomes a permanent addition
  • Baliffs become a permanent addition
  • Artificers become a permanent addition
  • Umbra teaser at the end of the quest
  • Tons of dialogue options
  • New visual effects that are more AMD friendly
  • 5-10 Gigabyte update that will take me about 6 hours to download
Edited by Hayabusa97

2 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

Tenno,

On PC, you can look forward to War Within more than a month away.  

Steve 

http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/sites/sbs.com.au.comedy/files/styles/body_image/public/giphy_24.gif?itok=BciY11N1&mtime=1471306641 see you guys next year, because im sure DE will take even 2 more months on  top of that

Edited by Toppien

5 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

I waited the entire year for it and I'll keep waiting, you can't really tell me I'm not patient.

Being patient doesn't mean being cool with them hyping up for the update just to delay right after every single month, that's called fooling. They completely lost my trust.

Do you want them to coddle you? Cater to your every whim? Go do something else. Play another game. Find a job. Cry some more.

I'd rather not have a repeat of what happened with Sepctres of the Rail, so DE can take as long as they want to make sure that the quest meets their quality standards.

But seriously though, if the delays are bothering you, just go play something else for the time being. No one's really forcing you to play Warframe and burn yourself out even more.

EDIT ONE: I also feel like this thread should be locked, because it's starting to really go downhill.

Edited by Zia_Avenicia

Dear DE :

screw TWW and start using time picking OLD weapons and give them some love ( the forums are filled with weaps that could use some ), RETAKE a look at your warframes and i'm sure you'll find TONS of QOL if not bug fixes to add as well. LIMBO & ASH rework, and since TITANIA is the latest, re read all the threads about lantern etc and you'll know what to do. I'd personally be happier with a 2 GB of QoL, tweaks and bug fixes / mechanic changes, TWW has been delayed so long that even if it'll be the best thing GOD could think of ,things have gone to far with the delays for me to care anymore.

Add High Levels ( sortie 3 ) nodes at least i don't feel like a total idiot, wasting 5 forma on a gun and nothing challenging to use it against for 23,5 hours of the day

Edited by arm4geddon-117

Just now, (XB1)FingerFlikenBoy said:

I wouldn't count on it to be honest :p TWW was supposed to be a massive update with Lunaro, Starchart 3.0 and Titania but DE decided to break it off into chunks so i'm guessing it wont be much more than just the quest.

Actually it's probably bigger than all of the other parts combined. It probably didn't help that they needed to rewrite it 7 times(?) as well. I know they said the datamined stuff was a red herring, but part of me feels like some of it wasn't, so they had to change a fair bit so it can remain a surprise. If the multiple rewrites are due to the person releasing the datamined info, then my salt flows toward them. They should show some common courtesy and be more prudent with what they dig up and release. Things such as drop rates are fine, but blatant spoilers or secrets are not.

I'll continue to wait for the update, because at least they aim to please by making a quality story among other things. Those of us that play multiple MMOs will know that DE is still one of the fastest in updates than most companies, despite the disappointments and high expectations of the community. I can think of several devs that don't fix nearly as many bugs, don't make nearly as many QoL changes, with a gross development time, no interaction with the players, and/or a focus on milking players for $ in between year long waits(won't name them). I'm not saying 'all is well' either, i'm just as disappointed as most, but i choose to put a leash on my emotions and wait it out.

4 minutes ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

That depends on what additional game mechanics come with TWW. The quest itself won't keep people, I don't think, but if it makes Focus great and has its own awesome mechanic that enhances gameplay enough, I could easily see everyone who swore off the game come back, just like with the old Modern Warfare 2 boycott.

True +1

21 minutes ago, --Q--UmadcausebaD said:

-Snip-

except GTA 5 was pay to play based, and Warframe can be played for free, fully free if you dont mind mass grinding and mass farming, and spending like 30-50 hours a week in it.

And GTA 5 dlc probably already worked long before they announce release, and everything pretty much ready when they announce the release.

2 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

This week on PC we bring you 'The Vacuum Within'. To be fair you've been waiting longer for this than the War Within, so maybe this is the real best of the year deploy. No, we're not having 3 Mods make up Vacuum. We changed it. Vacuum is going to be passively built into every Sentinel, no Mods required. It will have a range of 5 meters which in practice looks something like this WIP (pro-Lotus skills hitting an enemy behind the locked door):

What is going to happen to mag's Bullet jump vacuum?

Will its range be expanded or the passive be changed or left as is?

Okay, wtf. The vacuum distance is less than half of what it was, and it's stuck to sentinels only? No Kubrow or Kavats? That fixes nothing of what people were talking about and just makes things worse!

Give us a mod for our pets called Fetch that has them go around collecting things within a range of us and have the range increase with rank ups of the mod.

I was just thinking to myself, on the way back home from work, "Yes! We're most likely getting TWW this week. Awesome!" No fibs here, I have a sad frowny face now and I wanna cry. Y_Y It went from 500% hype train to boarding the train to sadville, with a small, happy, snack-time face between train stops, for the all-vacuum. I'm guessing that whatever was going to be released for TWW has suddenly had a massive break, enough that it warrants probably recoding great stretches of the update patch, which takes a long time to do. D:

"DE needs Code Monkeys badly, 1 banana per hour!" :3

Just now, TrueHawkEye said:

What is going to happen to mag's Bullet jump vacuum?

Will its range be expanded or the passive be changed or left as is?

Mag probably should've had a passive +15% Boost to Magnetic Damage on weapons.

1 minute ago, Erranty said:

Okay, wtf. The vacuum distance is less than half of what it was, and it's stuck to sentinels only? No Kubrow or Kavats? That fixes nothing of what people were talking about and just makes things worse!

Give us a mod for our pets called Fetch that has them go around collecting things within a range of us and have the range increase with rank ups of the mod.

Chesa Kubrow has that skill to gather resources around.