Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anndddd it's already October.

[DE]Steve

3 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

Vacuum is going to be passively built into every Sentinel, no Mods required. It will have a range of 5 meters

On PC, you can look forward to 'The Vacuum Within' this week.
On PC, you can look forward to  'The Index' in October.
On PC, you can look forward to War Within more than a month away.  

This post says to me 3 things. 

1. DE didn't listen to what the playerbase really wanted, a universal vacuum on warframes. Instead we got a vacuum nerf .

2. We're getting a new event weapon this month and a mostly likely another Enemy cheese-fest arena. Instead of reworking the enemy cheese which DE stated they would do and realistically could be achieved by reworking one system (armor) and a few enemies (Nullifiers, bombards) we're getting more cheese.

3.  War Within is getting delayed for 4th month straight and this is the longest drawn out update in Warframe history.  After the end-game system nerfs, I really hope this major update adds some end-game system which I'm extremely skeptical that it will deliver.

@[DE]Steve It's worse news than I might have expected, but you were brave enough to tell us.

For reasons totally not related to an unnamed silent game developer, that means something. I know there are reasons behind the delays, and the struggle has got to be very real right now.

Unfortunately, there are some super nasty realities to the business of making games, and sometimes those realities really kick you in the grunders. I'm disappointed, but you took the step of being honest with us. Somehow, that in itself feels like a really big deal lately.

8 minutes ago, That1Cactus said:

Welp. Back to waiting every week for a usual update.

Just like every time.

Because The War Within isn't the only update.

Nothing changes.

The responsibility of waiting an updtape every week every time is YOURS.

If you are childish enough to spend your life waiting for an update behind your screen and yelling because you are fed up with waiting, it's your problem.

Nothing changes, spoiled kids customers as usual.

Edited by Stonehenge

PRETTY PLEASE, just leave carrier has it is, rather have my good old carrier, then your continuous shenanigans.

Nowadays, it seems it is worse when DE listens to the community, since whatever they do returns compromised and worse.

Edited by 7grims

4 minutes ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

5. saying the game is no challenge but whine how enemy level scales.

This, this, i could relate like really a lot, a lot of times, people ask for challenge but whine how enemy level scaling. I mean, there even more challenge to this game if you wanted to, like, doing exterminate on earth and kill with just aim glide + slide kick and bulletjumps. Or,go on survival and ramp up the melee combos until you reach 5x multiplier.

Spoiler

14601026_427509214039640_828787562481402

Mmmm~

There's a lot of stuff to do, just not real attempted/feature of challenge.

Well, it sucks that WW is delayed again.

But vacuum within doesn't suck at all!

...i mean

Anyway, it's cool we can have little bits of contents and updates. Looking foward for that vacuum passive and i hope delaying WW also helps not having a buggy release like Specters of the rail <_<

Keep up the good work guys :)

Edited by Arandabido

Just now, Stonehenge said:

The responsibility to waiting an updtape every week every time is YOURS.

If you are childish enough to spend your life waiting for an update behind your screen and yelling because you are fed up with waiting, it's your problem.

Nothing change, spoiled kids customers as usual.

I am not complaining about having to wait. I am merely pointing out how people are complaining about having to wait for an update when practically every week we do get some form of update small or big, and pointing out that The War Within shouldn't be the only thing to wait for.

That's where nothing changes. This has been the case for every single update, where people complain that they have to wait even though it's not hard to do stuff outside of the update days. People just need to learn that Rome wasn't build in a day and need to patient, something that Warframe's mechanics are pretty much based on.

Thank you for make vacuum pasive and didn't split into 3 mods but i need to be honest, making it 5 meters could be a bad idea. Warframe is a fast paced game where you need movility and avoid duck steps to get every resource that you worked for. Also there are some bug where things drop out the floor, or get stuck in a wall, etc... carrier's vacuum save the day these times and 5 meters could not be enough, in my humble opinion 10 meters seems the way to go. Please re-think about it.

I wonder, do you suppose the big reason it keeps getting thrown back is because Digital actually recognizes the fact that they've screwed up horridly, and keep scrapping chunks of script and content for fear that they won't live up to the hype? By trying to prevent the crushing of hyped content, they could be crushing hyped content in an endless cycle of fearful undiscovered self-anhiliation? I've done the same things to myself when working on projects assigned to me, perhaps there's some creators at Digital who do or have done the same?

1 minute ago, That1Cactus said:

I am not complaining about having to wait. I am merely pointing out how people are complaining about having to wait for an update when practically every week we do get some form of update small or big, and pointing out that The War Within shouldn't be the only thing to wait for.

That's where nothing changes. This has been the case for every single update, where people complain that they have to wait even though it's not hard to do stuff outside of the update days. People just need to learn that Rome wasn't build in a day and need to patient, something that Warframe's mechanics are pretty much based on.

Nevermind, in that case we are totally agreed.

Guys, I'm scared for Warframe. With TWW being delayed for over another month, I've even seen some founders say 'I'm done.' and that frightens me. Sigh, I guess we can just hope the Dev's learn from this, I, and many others, really don't want Warframe to die out because it lost too many players through a content drought.

1 minute ago, Unus said:

I wonder, do you suppose the big reason it keeps getting thrown back is because Digital actually recognizes the fact that they've screwed up horridly, and keep scrapping chunks of script and content for fear that they won't live up to the hype? By trying to prevent the crushing of hyped content, they could be crushing hyped content in an endless cycle of fearful undiscovered self-anhiliation? I've done the same things to myself when working on projects assigned to me, perhaps there's some creators at Digital who do or have done the same?

It's called Development. Things take time and many things during that time are subject to change a lot during the process. This is the case for a lot of media, especially when things end up going in a not-so-good direction or feel the need to make it better than it's previous plan.

I While it's great you didn't chose the worst possible option of splitting vacuum into 3 mods the:

>5 meters

>sentinel only

part of the update kills my excitement for this "vacuum within" .

1) Most Kubrows and Kavats will still spend their time in stasis or waiting for their master in ship.

2) 5 meter range will get old fast for people used to 12m on their carrier. That's not even half the range.

All you guys had to do is to make vacuum a frame passive with decent range, problem solved- great QoL change, 90% people happy AND it would help with Archwing.  I dont understand why not use this simple and effective solution? I guess it would make the game a little easier? But I always thought the challange should come from more, harder enemies/enviroment not running around floor and collecting S#&amp;&#036;.

This is not "Universal vacuum" this is "nerfed sentinel only vacuum". Disappointing

@[DE]SteveI

Edited by Razyda777

21 minutes ago, Agentawesome said:

You might be surprised that less than 3% of the player base do raids...

b9ce3201d9.jpg

..over 09.09-12.09 weekend.

The mission has its own issues (like bugs, connectivity issues, gap between experienced and not so players -- most players have pre-made teams) on the top of questionable rewards and all. The mode was quite popular at start and was like that until TJV updates started to making it worse (buggy) and updates not related to Raid at all doing the same thing.

Also, doing the same  mission over and over again for the same reward in the same way on the same map kills your interest in doing so.

Blah blah blah, Vacuum gets nerfed. At least it isn't as bad as it could have been

WHY LAUNCH THE HYPE TRAIN if the destination isn't ready? Why even put up the "Hype Site" unless you were absolutely positive that TWW was within a month or so? Why not just announce Lunaro/A-wing changes/Kavats/TSG as completely separate from TWW, instead of implying that we'd get TWW on the same time frame as we received the others?

Just now, Hai1fir3e said:

Guys, I'm scared for Warframe. With TWW being delayed for over another month, I've even seen some founders say 'I'm done.' and that frightens me. Sigh, I guess we can just hope the Dev's learn from this, I, and many others, really don't want Warframe to die out because it lost too many players through a content drought.

Warframe probably won't die out soon. Most of this is prolly just bluster from an overhyped and long delayed game update.

Or maybe it will die who knows?

16 minutes ago, Afropenguinn said:

What about making the pickup range of health/energy/ammo 5 meters and resources 12 meters? Also the passive just needs to be on Warframes, as now you will just see the use of sentinels go up while Kavats and Kubrows will remain in the minority. Though I assume you know that, and are just collecting data on the vacuum changes.

well for me it is for versatility of every item. the way i see it people just want all features present in their companion. like a codex scanning  and item vaccuum helios.

fighting kavat and vaccuum. 

if we have universal vaccum then what? 'all companions are the same' thread?

The vacuum thing is a step in the right direction but I don't understand the distance nerf and the fact our companions/kubrows will still suffer a lack of use as a result. 

I don't use carrier just because it's more convenient and "nice to have", I use it because I live in Australia, and when playing with clanmates from other countries (or even people in the same region! australia has terrible internet in general), it is REALLY stressful running past a mod/energy/ammo drop when I KNOW I was right on it, and not getting it due to ping. This may not happen in your test labs but the issue is REAL and it makes farming for things stressful as the rest of the team fly ahead in a mission and I have to go back and check what drops I missed - all because I wanted to use my Kavat or Kubrow instead of carrier.

@[DE]Steve Please, I hate complaining at a compromise (and I really do appreciate you guys considering a change to vacuum) but please, this issue is really affecting a lot of us..

It is NOT a noob crutch,

It isn't ruining game balance in any way 

It's quality of life for the game plain and simple 

There would be NO downsides to having this be truly universal

Please make it a passive for frames OR allow it to be on ALL companions.  

Edited by CrazyKavatLady

4 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

No, we're not having 3 Mods make up Vacuum. We changed it. Vacuum is going to be passively built into every Sentinel, no Mods required.

Yes! Thanks for listening.

Later in October, The Corpus version of Rathuum is hitting PC. This game mode will be called 'The Index'. With it you'll get glimpse of Nef Anyo again! 'The Index' will feel a bit more classic DE in that it'll have an introduction to a new game mode with an Operation (clans rejoice), some Endless emphasis, and an event weapon!

This sounds amazing and I can't wait.

On PC, you can look forward to War Within more than a month away.

I honestly don't know what to say. Despite lots of amazing stuff to look forward to, be prepared for some threads o' salt...

7 minutes ago, CrazyKavatLady said:

The vacuum thing is a step in the right direction but I don't understand the distance nerf and the fact our companions/kubrows will still suffer a lack of use as a result. 

I don't use carrier just because it's more convenient and "nice to have", I use it because I live in Australia, and when playing with clanmates from other countries (or even people in the same region! australia has terrible internet in general), it is REALLY stressful running past a mod/energy/ammo drop when I KNOW I was right on it, and not getting it due to ping. This may not happen in your test labs but the issue is REAL and it makes farming for things stressful as the rest of the team fly ahead in a mission and I have to go back and check what drops I missed - all because I wanted to use my Kavat or Kubrow instead of carrier.

Please, I hate complaining at a compromise but this issue is really affecting a lot of us.

It is NOT a noob crutch,

It isn't ruining game balance in any way 

It's quality of life for the game plain and simple 

There would be NO downsides to having this be truly universal

Please make it a passive for frames OR allow it to be on ALL companions.  

All Warframes would be better, for those players that don't like bringing companions.
My brother is one of those players.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

All Warframes would be better, for those players that don't like bringing companions.
My brother is one of those players.

What about just prime warframes, that way it gives new people something to work towards getting, and it could possibly even help out the in game economy to some degree, good or bad, im not sure though.