Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anndddd it's already October.

[DE]Steve

I am apathetic regarding the War Within. Will it fix the ridiculousness that is the Bombard/Scorch/Shield Lance? Will it liberate me from mastery fodder? Will it provide new mission types that take advantage of the games combat engine? Will it improve the abilities of Hydroid and Oberon? I do not believe it will and so I remain indifferent to this pending quest. Personally were I the members of Digital Extreme I would be very concerned about the hype surrounding the War Within, as anything short of life changing excellent could result irreparable damage being done to Warframe. I sincerely hope to be proven wrong as I'd love a reason to play Warframe again but I shall not hold my breath. You folks look over-matched presently. 

I'm not 100% sure but I am approximately 95% sure that at this point DE is mainly working on bug fixes and tiny features.

DE, I can't speak for everyone, but I sure can speak for some. We don't care if the update is buggy. This is a beta, and letting the community find bugs will be exponentially faster than doing it in house and/or using testers. Just release the update already, it's been months and every time we get closer to the release date it only gets delayed more. This isn't what the community wanted, you decided to drastically overwork yourselves, and i'm sure it will pay off in a spectacular, breathtaking quest, but for the amount of letdowns and setbacks it's caused it's become more of a hindrance ( especially considering we can't replay quests ( yet™? ) ). 

At this point it's become a minigame to see when the war within will finally release

500 plat to the person who can guess how long and when the next delay will be

( disclaimer : I'm not actually giving out any plat )

Edited by VaykorKek
added "breathtaking" for effect

3 minutes ago, Brachion said:

There haven't been any "delays". DE has never given us any sort of specific release date, just rough estimations that have turned out to be inaccurate.

THIS RIGHT HERE! We should all get a good look at this one over here. 

This is like, the 15th thread with this exact title.

I'm pretty sure TWW is shipping with some form of a major new game mode or gameplay overhaul at this point. Just a cinematic quest doesn't take this time.

Maybe damage 3.0, maybe we kill the Twin Queens and the factions and Solar System get a major overhaul.

Idunno, I'm taking a break, active anticipation has burned me out, I'll be back when it releases.

12 minutes ago, Calwon5 said:

Dear DE,

I don't mind if The War Within is going to be delayed for however long it may need.... possibly like HL3. What I do mind is that, can you please just be honest with us. What I loved more than playing the game, was your dedication to connect with players; through DEV streams, streams, tennocon, etc. Except you're not doing it as of lately, either you(DE) are too busy to notify us of the exact progress of things or are just expecting a soon for an answer would be sufficient. Well frankly, it's not. If you(DE) need more time to work on TWW, then tell us so. Tell us the truth of whats going on with the cinematic. What is holding you guys back from releasing it. Instead of telling us it will come out soon the next month. Players will get hype near that end of the month and if you were too say "oh next month" again.... then it's just painful for both sides.

TL:DR: I don't mind the delays, but I'm frustrated that you are unable to tell us the truth of whats causing the delays, and instead kept of giving us the "soon" for an answer.

this puts it well i love your work, ive loved warframe and connected to so many people through it, but they are all leaving now and its because they feel mistreated and hurt, well i love it and wont leave, but please please be open with us, your cooky extended family we will listen even at 3am when you have had too much bourbon

5 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

On PC, you can look forward to War Within more than a month away. 

The update is nice and all, but the game seriously feel... kinda dead right now.

You guys wanna make WW great and stuff, we get it, but "overpolishing" can hurt any work.

Just now, Windspike said:

Yep, you got me.  I missed that.  My apologies.

I'm glad that we are in agreement that this opinion is not widely merited. 

It is definitely widely merited

Whether the majority or minority share my view beats me as there is no feasible way of gaining such data, however.

So a nerf to Vacuum and only applied to sentinels... less terrible than the 3 part nonsense.

We need an explanation about to why it's not being given as an un-nerfed passive vacuum to all warframes. I believe the innate pickup range is a problem with the game itself, which traditionally Carrier/Vacuum has simply fixed. I've never seen it as a companion usage problem - and I get why that's what it's seen as, but I still believe that's the wrong way to look at it. Is that why 5m vacuum is being proposed? Because players may be more likely to use kuborws/kavats if vacuum is worse? Seems bogus regardless.

5 hours ago, (PS4)jonnyblaze1976 said:

Vacuum on all sentinels you say? I like it. What will carriers specialty be after that if you dont mind me asking? 

I would also like to say that i have faith in all you guys at DE and if you keep giving me content  I will keep playing. 

Party on Steve.

Watch the last DevStream. Carrier would have the ability to ammo mutate upon pickup and ammo storage (enable larger ammo capacity) for weapons.

5 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

Vacuum is going to be passively built into every Sentinel, no Mods required. It will have a range of 5 meters

Why is vacuums range being nerfed to less than half? Is a quality of life improvement that is innately present in most games with mass loot that god damn OP? And why do kubrows and cavats continue to be obsolete? How is this a universal vacuum if you can't have it with your cats and dogs?

The most important thing is that you guys are communicating with the players, so thank you for that! We do appreciate it. Please try to take any salty replies, well... with a grain of salt lol.

Like a lot of players (who may not be as vocal) I am totally cool with the content taking as long as it takes. DE has a good track record of not releasing content before it's mostly bug-free, and you guys are around to monitor things after release and quick to hotfix bugs. These are all good things and we all want them to continue. No one wants content to be released earlier if it means sacrificing any of this.

Making vacuum available to all sentinels is good. The nerf is incomprehensible. At this point when it comes to the universal vacuum issue I'm just tired, confused, and disappointed. I understand that you (Steve) have to communicate this information to the players, even though it may not be your decision how the vacuum changes were made. I guess these are the vacuum changes we are ALLOWED to have.

Maybe once it's proven that universal vacuum does not cause the entire game to collapse into a gravity vortex of doom the nerf can be rolled back some. We can hope. I guess. Or not. Like I said, I'm just tired of the discussion after several years, so I'd rather accept any solution that let's us move on even if it's sub-optimal (It is.).

I just want to say that, as a player, to you, as a programmer, if there were some kind of "bug" with Vacuum where, say, the range was "mistakenly" 6 meters, or 8 meters, instead of the proposed 5 meter range the players would be VERY understanding *wink wink, nudge nudge*, and we would probably bribe you with chocolate and candy to assuage you in such a crisis.  :)

Thanks for all the things you people do well. Thanks for making a fun game. Thanks for expanding Vacuum to other sentinels. Looking forward to the War Within.

Edited by Protomorph

I've been keeping up with all things warframe since i started playing, i've always said id play no matter what happens. The 2nd dream came out and it brought tears to my eyes. TWW was announced touting more feels and more animations i jumped for joy.

It was delayed time and time again and i've waited for it for months without a single complaint. The quest must be good so it's worth the wait, right?

But now after reading these changes plus TWW being pushed back again, i can't help but feel this

ZYakUku.png

Ill still be playing ofcourse, crying but playing

I really dont understand why DE had to do this. Were there that many people crying about it? So we have a piece of equipment that specializes in vacuum, that would be carrier. If you want a vacuum, use it. If you want a fancy cat, use a Kavat. If you want an over sized dog use a kubrow. Both of those still retrieve items. But giving Helix, a companion that specializes in scanning the ability vacuum and scan too, make no sense. Or giving shade, the sentinel that specializes in stealth, vacuum. That is the whole reason people chose to use carrier was because of its vacuum ability. THAT WAS ITS MAIN ABILITY. I dont want an ammo storage box. That is why DE made ammo mutations mods. So if carrier will now be an ammo box, and have auto ammo mutations, i guess that make ammo mutation mods obsolete too?
This comes off as players being lazy and *@##$ing because they have to go and get the items. Be a better gamer and get your drops like you are supposed to. Do we as gamers have to have EVERYTHING handed to us?
i would have rather it been a mod. that way it gives you the ability IF you want it at the cost of something else.
So how about this. I want world on fire on my frost warframe. DE, do that. Give all the warframes World on Fire as a passive skill.
personally i think you ruined a perfectly good sentinel and made the game a little less challenging. i used carrier because of what it could do. When i needed stealth, i went to shade. when i needed scanning, helix was there.
I even noticed in the image you posted on the facebook page ( http://i.giphy.com/l0HlutHBjgD1tSY9y.gif ), carrier is not even in it. You basically made him obsolete

PS, i have no clue why the formatting is like this on this post. Deal with it.

Edited by (XB1)pozie

eh... kind of wish there was a way to OPT-out of this new universal sent passive vacuum now =[

like i get it, u guys at DE hear the roar of the crowds, but srsly, plz stop listening to this and think that pleasing the masses is always the right/best direction for the game

like why must you always be so... extreme?

finally allow other sents to have vacuum as a mod, but a 3 parter, ok whatevs, i never use it anyway, and those that do, can now either have carrier as ammo mutator and pick/choose which vacuum options they want [it would only be a 1-2 slot loss in the worst of cases] or alternatively they could use a different sent and still get some of the vacuum effects [i personally thought this was perfectly fine, even tho hordes QQ'd about it]

so ok whatevs, appeal to the masses and just make the universal vacuum mod slightly weaker and make it 1 mod that any sent can choose to use...

or not, now its forced onto everyone... 

why even have unique loot models/graphics then? becuz now the only time you are going to be able to see them is if you zoom in on them from far away... =/ [FWIW i am glad that the range is going to be so small at least]

personally i think things like vacuum have always been and continue to be a dangerous slippery slope for WF, and seeing the DEvs try to play the 'people pleaser' role is very sad to me =[

and lets get really really real here for a second, this change only makes kubrows/kavats even worse by comparison... =/ so now i can have a sentinel that passively : heals me if my health is not full, scans for me, scoops loot for me, and cc's my enemies regularly with high status barrage fire [and thats all on 1 sent] ; kubrows and kavats need some major upgrades to be even remotely close in value to what sentinels are, especially with all of the upkeep nonsense

about TWW, you guys clearly are trying hard, but please please realize when you are bitting off more than you can chew... i would have hoped that you would have learned some lessons from the 2nd Dream with the enormous amount of content that you ended up cutting from it... but clearly TWW has caused at least 2x the problems... it does not give confidence to see you guys not only make the same mistakes over and over, but to make potentially bigger/worse mistakes than last time even... =/

im sure that it will be interesting when/if it ever releases but you have to be real/honest with yourselves, this summer/fall/2016 has been quite the fustercluck [FWIW many other good changes did arrive ingame, the new starchart is a great return to form] 

and clans rejoice? for what? another lackluster 'filler' event? IMHO without some serious work to improve the concept and implementation of clans/dojos/etc ingame i fail to see anything to rejoice over, just another forgotten system =/ ; FWIW i will of course wait and see how The Index turns out, and if its neat/fun/cool/hard/engaging, ill be first in line for giving handshakes and saying kudos, but color me skeptical until then

lastly i would like to say that DE really seems to have missed the mark with their treatment of 'content creators' on YT and other social media ; it has been a clear misstep to leave so much influence and basically your public advertising in their hands =/ ; this also ties into the 'people-pleaser' line from earlier, trying to placate and pacifiy these YT'ers just becuz they want to QQ is not necessarily the best course of action...

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

So many question and so much frustration 

• Why nurf vacuum at all (12 to 6 meters)?
  • Why isn't it on pets (cat/dog)? 
  • Why isn't it a passive on all Warframes?
    DE why didn't you go this route?
    Form over function? 

I am just so frustrated with this entire process, 1 step forward 2 steps back

>having to wait another month for a half-baked quest that will keep me entertained for two hours at most before I stop playing again due to lack of content

I don't know what I expected.

Also, Vacuum nerfed to 5m? Are you really going to ruin the only reason people use Sentinels to begin with? Either make it 10m or don't touch it.