Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anndddd it's already October.

[DE]Steve

Nice to have some new about your work.
I really wait this "index", I hope we will have Obex vandal to have a vandal counterpart of Furax wraith *-*

Having vacuum extended to all sentinel is nice but what's about Kubrow and Kavat ? I think Vacuum is not really an improvement or special ability but more a thing that nice to be innate just because pick-up the loots easier is not really a game feature, more a normal thing.
So, it's not need to be exclusive to sentinels either to companion but just a general increase of pick-up range.

14 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

This week on PC we bring you 'The Vacuum Within'. To be fair you've been waiting longer for this than the War Within, so maybe this is the real best of the year deploy. No, we're not having 3 Mods make up Vacuum. We changed it. Vacuum is going to be passively built into every Sentinel, no Mods required. It will have a range of 5 meters which in practice looks something like this WIP (pro-Lotus skills hitting an enemy behind the locked door).

I have an ideea, what do you think of having vacuum on sentinels scale with level?

Like Lvl 0 -5m,  Lvl 10 - 7m,  Lvl 20- 9m,  Lvl 30 - 11m.

What do you think?

Edited by SoulReapher

Only 5 meters?? no thx! I rather use Carrier as they are now.

if you feel like half-heart to make vacuum into changes that we've been waiting for better be no changes at all, not like this Steve. I think we all know how Warframe is a really resource intensive game, this will only slowing us down i can guarantee it.

If this is a way to encourage player to buy double resource drop and resource drop chance then is a pretty pretty bad idea.

more nerfed update, I can see punishing us like this will take a hit on Warframe player base.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)simo949 said:

RVZQ3j4.jpg

Enjoy your permanent rank 0 Vacuum

I ran a few missions last night with a rank 0 vacuum after reading this and have to say it was in no way a big deal. I think people just need to try it to see how silly they look crying the have to run an extra 5 meters to get the loot. SMH. Really? 7 meters is something worth crying over.... LMFAO @ all of you

Edited by (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE

ok im fine with the vacuum changes but can there be a toggle for those that dont want the vacuum i dont want the same graphic glitches vacuum causes on my other sentinels.

as for the index as long as nullifiers are at minimum could be fun.

the war within delayed again was not expected but disappointing why release 2 teasers and then delay it for months it makes no sense but i guess im going to have to be more patient considering  2017 could be the console release (unless pc get a further delay) i hope this wait is worth it but i wont hold my breath. 

Just so that everyone can get an idea of the pickup ranges and the suggested universal vacuum range, I took a few screenshots.

This is about the pickup range with a rank 5 Vacuum:

Spoiler

3S8Dh2h.jpg

This is about the current pickup range without Vacuum:

Spoiler

Sy1TUJp.jpg

(scooting forward by quickly tapping W for a milisecond would collect this)

...and this is about the range of the suggested The Vacuum Within change:

Spoiler

QpaCc8w.jpg

Edited by OddVorbis
Grammatical error

I remember around Tennocon when you guys said ''War Within in August'', how did August turn into November, possibly December..? Did Specters truly hit home the fact that you can't push it out the door too early..? Were you guys just overly optimistic with August?

Don't get me wrong, I'm patient, especially because I'm currently on a break from Warframe, but there's quite a difference between August and December, about 4 months difference.

This definitely isn't turning out to be the ''year of cinematic quests'', may not even turn out to be the year of ''a cinematic quest'' at this pace lol.

Also, while the Vacuum idea now seems better then the 3 mods thing, you're still saddling us up with a -rank 0- vacuum, you're taking the chance to globalize vacuum, to also nerf it hard.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

15 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

On PC, you can look forward to War Within more than a month away.  

I just "OH NO"'d out loud.

Srsly ... this is getting kinda.... really bad (I don't wanna say ridiculous cuz that sounds too offensive)

But... I am looking forward to that Corpus Rathuum tho. Maybe tell us more about the corpus? Some love for the corpus?, yes?

Vacuum? Am I the only one who does not care about that?

As some others have said, they really should stop throwing deadlines at us when they can't keep them, a simple ''it's done when it's done'' at least stops the constant irritation from deadlines that they don't meet, deadlines they set for themselves.

Passive 5 meter vaccums for all sentinels?..  Carrier Prime's is 12 , at least bump the passive 5 to either 10 or 15 meters , 5 seems like a major bat to the original ability.

The Wait Within , yet another +Months , got to say this "Quest" is intense and keeping tons of hyped players frustrated and disappointed. But much like any and all projects that have taken extensive time to complete. One can only hope the end product will be well worth it.

"The Index" : So another "Rathuum?" I guess that works since both the Steel Meridian and Perrin Sequence are splintered Factions of their originals. Just curious if that means Nef Anyo and his Nephew "Derf Anyo" will be making an appearance sometime later.

Lately I've just been using the Chesa Kubrow since it's just a tanky "Carrier" just wish I could command him or my Caviar Kavat to unlock a locked Locker without standing close to it in hopes the AI fuctions to say "Hey this player wants us to bust it open".  Would like 'that' to happen or give Barrel Key Tear ( Baro Ki Tir ) the "Primed Master Thief" mod which could give oh idk 90% - 100%+ in unlocking those lockers?

Hope Index will not hide some warframes behind a gigantic grind wall just like Rathuum... 

Still thanks for the news, I'm happy with the vacuum changes and don't consider it as a nerf to Carrier, at least if Carrier is confirmed getting his new ammo carrying ability.

17 minutes ago, Lored said:

Last year we saw:

• Chroma
  • Equinox
  • Atlas
  • Wukong
  • Ivara
  • Nezha

This year:

• Inaros
  • Titania

Without primes... Realy?

Granted, Nezha and Wukong were China frames that were made by the Chinese developers, but even with that, you're looking at 4 frames. I hadn't even thought about this.

12 minutes ago, RtasVadum said:

HELL NO for Vacuum change.

Some people are considering about quit this game because of your Vacuum change plan.

I'm not joking.

That's a weird reason for quitting the game.

Edited by -CM-RIKENZ