Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anndddd it's already October.

[DE]Steve

I'm actually not happy about this carrier change, My fav Frame ATM is an equilibrium-Channeling/Despoil build on my Nekros that I've been working on refining since Nek P. release, I was happy with only being able to pick up Health and Energy and use any Sent, but a reduced range is a flopping irritation because in the heat of battle I need to be constantly picking up those drops happening around me, I REALLY hope there is a mod to increase it to 10m (or more)...

Edited by Carnage2K4

7 hours ago, Zanoza-chan said:

What about the fixing "Ghost" precept? Wiki says Ghost has 10m radius and 10s cooldown while Stalk has 30m radius and no cooldown, that's a bit unfair didn't it? Tripled radius can be sufficient motivation to use Huras instead the Shade, but why cooldown? Right now when so many Tenno can decide to use Shade as the main sentinel...

Quote, for, @(*()$, TRUTH. My Man! I'd much rather see this get reworked than see Vacuum getting nerfed down to 5m.

18 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

This week on PC we bring you 'The Vacuum Within'.

I've heard about the various iterations of the changes you're proposing.
(On which note: [size=4]Thank you[/size] for talking about it in advance, as opposed to just dropping it in our laps.)

My problem is that we've never yet heard the context or reasoning for them:
* What are your problems with the current state of Vacuum? Yes, the prevalence of Carrier use was noted on the Devstream, but from the discussion aired I can't even be sure whether you consider that an independent problem or a symptom of Vacuum's desirability.
* What is your 'ideal situation' here? That is, what are you trying to achieve with these changes? That's never been addressed at all, to the best of my knowledge.

I'd like to promote nerael's reddit post to your attention, as it proposes a reasonable answer to both those questions.
And - even if it's wrong - it formalizes a distinction between 'loot' (Resources, item drops, etc. Things that don't affect your current mission) and 'tactical pickups' (Ammo, orbs).

Personally, I prefer the '3 mod' route. Just, make it 2 mods: 1 for loot, 1 for tactical pickups - and both collect credits.
It's still not ideal, since it's still dependent on having a live companion, but it gives me a loot Vacuum on every sentinel, leaving me free to ignore tactical pickups until I decide I want them. (Which is a complaint at least some people have about global vacuum.)

Alternatively, axe loot-as-drops entirely (simply give them to everyone in the squad - no picking up required), and remove Vacuum.

Good luck.

Edited by Chroia

17 minutes ago, Redthirst said:

Soooo, it takes a year now to make a cinematic quest. And it will take an hour to complete it. All the while we still have no endgame and a bunch of broken systems.

Don't forget the lack of any ability to replay quests.

You know, that thing I could do over a decade ago in Bethesda RPGs.

Maybe the snark isn't necessary, but one really has to wonder if "cinematic quests" are a good use of Warframe's limited development budget and work-hours.

13 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

Maybe the snark isn't necessary, but one really has to wonder if "cinematic quests" are a good use of Warframe's limited development budget and work-hours.

A rhetoric question, really. Even if it's the absolutely best quest in the world it wouldn't be worth it. Cinematic quests would be great when we would have some replayability, so we don't need constant content infusions to keep people playing. But for now they are a waste of time.

One thing I do want to call out DE on, if you're going to downright nerf vacuum, man up and say so.

Don't abuse a much desired rework to limit everyone to a 5m vacuum, as opposed to Carrier's 10/12m vacuum, I mean, come on, you know damn well people would need but minutes to figure out that it's a massive nerf.

Again, if you want and feel the need to nerf it, man up and say so.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

-1) Vaccum: still no love for kubrows and cats and it's a straight up nerf, but at least it's not a mod, i guess there's something to be said for that, i'll keep using carrier since it's tougher and the other sentinels are mostly useless anyways as i think most people will so i don't think it's going to change a lot besides the reduced range but maybe they'll realize something when after nerfing carrier unnecessairly and even more people start rioting on the forums than they did during the viver incident.

-2)the index: cool i guess, i kinda like rathoom.

-3) the wait within: a delay? AGAIN? one would begin to question if it's still being devenloped or you simply aborted it, one thing is not releasing a buggy mess, another is to delay something for what? six months? with nothing to be shown of it. I'm all for bug fixes but if you're delaying this for that reason then stop already, it's clearly not getting anything done, if as i think it's not even complete yet it bears the question, what the hell did you announce it for that far back? 

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Players: "We are tired of having to sit always at the same table when we want to get served a bottled apple juice!"

DE: "A bottle is just too much - here, take a glass of it. On every table. But pets are not allowed here."

Players: "Only a glass? Even no bottle at the old table anymore?"

DE: "Ok, ok, you will get bottles. But we had to thin out half of the juice with a similar looking surrogate fluid. Don't worry about it."

Players: "Thanks, DE, you are the gods of gaming! But... there is a strange smell coming out of the bottle... - OH SNAP! WAIT!!!"

Edited by radastir

wow more than a month? its  like the second dream sequence.After war within ppl would scream UMBRA and then they would have to rush it till December.
Now thats an excuse to keep ppl hyping about war within and mark my words peeps...umbra will be for 2018 conclusion

Im ok with it tbh cause i needed a break from the game and this result helped me a lot.

Thanks anw DE for the updates,i really appreciate anything you do and i will see you soon

Boy that war with in update better be the most polished bug free update ever or else the crap is going to hit the fan. I mean I understand at this point that it can't live up to the hype but others are expecting more greatness with each DElay. Hope you guys are prepared for more DDoS attacks.

^This comment was deleted from this thread and I have no idea why. I mean I changed a bad word to crap but it got censored anyways so I honestly don't get why this was deleted.

2 hours ago, marelooke said:

1) Just getting rid of Vacuum would likely have been the best solution imho. Might have made people actually play somewhat together again.

You don't really remember Closed Beta play then, where we all clustered in a huddled mass atop a box in Xini and occasionally did a circuit around the base to scoop up loot. No, removing Vacuum is not the best solution as 89% of the player base would disagree with you. Not 50%, not some large minority at 40%, 89%.

Warframe's looting system hasn't been touched in any substantial form since Warframe Blueprints from Boss drops were placed as "end of mission" rewards. That's coming up on 3 years without even a secondary pass to see if the system is healthy or not. Given that 89% of the player base is using an in-game fix, that's a clear demonstration that Warframe Looting is not healthy and needs to be reviewed in as much depth as Damage 3.0.

If you want an example of silent majorities, you'll never see it more clearly. There are enough varied issues with the Looting system that almost 9 out of 10 players find Vacuum a fix for.

The best solution would be Looting 2.0, the band-aid is a universal Vacuum Mod for all Companions until that is done.

Edited by Brasten

[DE], where is your zealotry? Where is your faith? Where is your unbound force?

Where did all of this go?

Spoiler

Why have you left us, like you left Hunhow to become the Lotus, in the dark?

Why haven't you explained you reason for prioritizing a small change to Vaccum over War Within?

Natah, where are you?

Why have you not finished the sequence you started? Why did you stop [*]?

*...At the last?

As I awake, so will they; they will say you are riven, and want to reclaim you. I will not be able to stop them.

5 minutes ago, Annoying_killah said:

[Nice image of your Warframe next to a resting (actually dead, ragdolled) Crewman]

Raises another personal idea: An ingame tool that allows the creation of your own dioramas, using posing tools and every asset in the game (if you completed Second Dream, ALL assets would be available) to make scenes that would be eventually examined and then referred to when creating content, or alternatively added in a section where Tenno could look at other Tenno's works done through the 'Diorama Creator'.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Forgot to add: This idea would give players another thing to do without the hassle of getting the enemy into that one position that rarely happens.

20 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

This week on PC we bring you 'The Vacuum Within'. To be fair you've been waiting longer for this than the War Within, so maybe this is the real best of the year deploy. No, we're not having 3 Mods make up Vacuum. We changed it. Vacuum is going to be passively built into every Sentinel, no Mods required.

rMQkNkIHngQ.jpg

2 minutes ago, leperkhaun said:

Really now?

Just make loot drops (resources/mods/endo) automatic pickups, they dont drop you just get them when you complete a mission.

Leave ammo/health/energy as pickups.

That would make sense. Which is why it will never happen.

Id rather have the whole studio go into crunch time, drop all working in progress projects and rush out TWW... Or is the script scrapped and revised again which is probably why we are getting other updates like this vacuum change, the new trial and other hotfixes? And other previewed projects like better grass and lighting amongst other things?

TWW needs to be finished sooner because i fear that this update is the the gate thats holding back all the other important content milestone like that infested door.

Edited by dual1020

Why, oh why can't you just admit that you were wrong from the start and give vacuum to all the frames instead of resorting to pulling this kind of shady you-know-what? This is not a buff, this is not what we've been waiting for; 5 meters range covers WAY less area than the current 12 meters. This is worse than just leaving it alone as it is.

You are essentially nerfing an ability that 9 out of 10 players deem mandatory to enjoy this game and absolutely nobody is profiting for it. Vacuum isn't OP and it doesn't break the game in any way. It just makes it more fun. You're ruining a great part of the game simply because you can't admit that you were wrong (and have been for a few years now) and that the hordes of players calling for universal vacuum were right.

As that guy in Suicide Squad put it; "The hell is wrong with you people?"