[DE]Steve

Anndddd it's already October.

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

If from earlier this summer they said it would be released in November or December, nobody would have an issue. They would just go play other games gladly while DE developed it.

The problem lies in the fact that they continuously teased and teased that it would be out in July at TennoCon, August after July ended, a month or so in September.
That's the real problem, not the lack of content. The way that they are informing us of future content, this is definitely not the way it should be done.

It's not just that. It's the fact that they are, in fact, continually delaying TWW. It's not just how they're relaying information. It's the fact that this is just too ambitious for them, and it's making them continually delay it. When they said it'd be out in July at TennoCon, they intended on releasing it in July. After that, they said August, because they intended to release it in August. Then in August, they said maybe September or October, intending to release it then. And now it's October, and they're pretty much saying that it is at least more than a month away. They aren't even saying when it might release, which basically suggests that it might not release until next year (because in over a month, we'll be approaching December). They've had to delay this THREE times now. That's a problem with their development process, not just with their communication. So that is the real problem here.

• Upvote 8

Thanks for the heads up Steve, and thank you DE team for sticking it through with us impatient fans. :)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, [DE]Steve said:

It will have a range of 5 meters

Quite a steep step down from the old 12 meters, but a step in the right direction. 

@[DE]Steve Awesome to hear! Wile your at it, why not cheer up this year`s October by throwing in the Pumpkin Rollers and Grineer Lancers from 2 years ago? Halloween is coming! :3~~

• Upvote 2

Quick suggestion? Why not make weapons universally regenerate ammo, like in Archwing? That would alliviate the need for Vacuum a bit i think.

Obviously ammo regen speed would need to be tweaked one by one, but it would eliminate the need for scavenging glowy boxes so fun can keep happening.

Classy solution to the vacuum debate.

Kudos.

Adding mods that extend the range and adding an on/off (in mission) switch might pair well with this setup long term as it will feed different the diverse preferences of different player subsets as well. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sarge_Tarmus said:

Didn't someon of Devs said, that we could expect The War Within in October?

And they said end of September before that, and August before that, and July before that.

• Upvote 12

5 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

While I agree on Lunaro I can't agree on "stop developing new content" part. New content is what keeps this game afloat

Without adding entire sections/segments to the game, we can still get lots of new content, and we already do, with new weapons, new frames, new primes, semi-regular tac alerts, new skins, cinematic quests, etc. 

What I am talking about is talking a break for some time from making entirely new segments to focus on fixing/upgrading/reworking what needs to be dealt with. For example, a new quest with a new frame like Silver Grove is new content (fine), but it isn't a new game segment. Lunaro isn't just new content, it is an entirely new segment of the game (not fine). 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Upvote 7

On PC, you can look forward to War Within more than a month away.  

Ugh, that hurts :( But we know you're doing your best :) 

• Upvote 1

And here I deluded myself into thinking the war within would be out within the next few weeks :((((

Edited by Sceleratii
  • Upvote 7

I really wish you guys would just add universal vacuum to all warframes, instead of keeping it sentinel exclusive.. However, this is still infinitely better than dividing it up into 3 separate mods, so at least there's that..

• Upvote 2

Many of our content creators appreciated us breaking things up for coverage purposes, but even that isn't enough to keep them around if the content itself didn't hit the mark

I really don't care for "Content creators" and what they want.  They basically make money, off of what other create.  They are a video games version of paparazzi. I hate having to watch 3 minutes of video, with 1 minute of content, that can be summed up in a few sentences of text

Tho i would have been nice to have a mod that increases the pickup range of passive vacuum instead of the HORRID idea of splitting it up into 3 parts.

Good to know we got a lot of stuff coming this month including an event, an alert, and hopfully the war within

• Upvote 3

I'm loosing faith in playing the war within before 2017

Warframe staff : you are loosing players, lots of players (look to your stats on steam : the amount of players is dropping), you've announced TWW for the end of july ! We're in october and you're still pushing it away

You have difficulties ? just say it once and for all and stop saying that you're gonna release it soon to delay it again and again

Edited by Bigdji_Rodgers
errors in the post :p
  • Upvote 4

Vacuum is going to be passively built into every Sentinel, no Mods required.

oh man this is great, thanks for listening the players.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

I can't speak for DE, but they have mentioned in the past that they "make it up as they go." It's what happens when you don't have a proper development plan. I think that's DE's problem. It just seems like they don't have a set plan that they stick to. They make it up as they go, and then whatever they're working on gets bigger and more ambitious as they work on it. They need to establish a set plan for their game, and for the features that they want their game to offer, and then they need to actually work on and complete that. They need to actually complete their game and move it out of "beta" (really, it's an alpha). Once they've done that, then they should start adding more features again.

Agreed. That is a serious problem, and sounds like the organization issue is deeper than I thought. Easy for feature creep to get the best of you when you have no set plan though, that is for sure. If they had an established plan, it would be easier to say no to continually adding new stuff that wasn't a part of the current time/work estimate to get it done. It would be easier for them to stay on task and keep deadlines if they really had a clear plan. 

And don't even get me started on Umbra, that is just a joke at this point. We'll see him in 2018 if at all... 

• Upvote 4

"We aim to release it at the end of August."
"We are trying to release it after the next Tenno meet-up"
"If the update isnt released until the end of Juli, I am being fired"
"We are going to release it in September."
"Probably end of September."
"You can look forward to War Within more than a month away."

Oh wait, there was another thing.
"We are trying to put down the endless grinding walls so people actually have more time to enjoy the game entirely. We dont want them to repeat the same thing over and over again."

*Looks at the Relic update - no more long runs, instead we now have much more repititive shorter runs*
*Looks at Rathuum - has to grind the Arena points to do a boring fight*
*Looks at the Titania quest - GO PICK FLOWERS DUDE!*
*Looks at the recently released Aura mods - "Yo, I heard you love plants?"*

*DE in a nutshell intensifies*

• Upvote 26

39 minutes ago, corporatePaladin said:

Only Sentinels? So Dogs/Cats will still be S#&$ compared....

I don't fully understand why only one thing can have vacuum.

Umm, excuse me?

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160712053708latest?cb=20160713130004latest?cb=20160711082424latest?cb=20160713125222latest?cb=20160713125233latest?cb=20160713125232latest?cb=20160713125223latest?cb=20160713125223latest?cb=20160713125226latest?cb=20160713125226latest?cb=20160713125227latest?cb=20160713125222latest?cb=20160713125221latest?cb=20140908205321latest?cb=20140830023250latest?cb=20140908205316latest?cb=20150808190403

None of the stuff in the spoiler can be done by Sentinals and none of those mods can be equipped on Sentinels either.

So how again are sentinels better? Just because they have a vacuum? A single function against all that? Really?

• Upvote 4

This week on PC we bring you 'The Vacuum Within'. To be fair you've been waiting longer for this than the War Within, so maybe this is the real best of the year deploy. No, we're not having 3 Mods make up Vacuum. We changed it. Vacuum is going to be passively built into every Sentinel, no Mods required. It will have a range of 5 meters

What will happen to Carrier's Vacuum then ?

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

....and thus, people got what they wanted with vacuum, and they STILL complain about it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9v-n4yLLyeGBSAGAgBLT

But they didn't give what people wanted. People wanted Vacuum, at it's regular 12M range to be put on the WARFRAMES, not on Sentinels only and certainly not with a nerfed range.

• Upvote 29

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

What I am talking about is talking a break for some time to focus on fixing/upgrading/reworking what needs to be dealt with, instead of making entirely new game segments. For example, a new quest with a new frame like Silver Grove is new content, but it isn't a new game segment. Lunaro isn't just new content, it is an entirely new segment of the game. 

Without adding entire sections/segments to the game, we can still get lots of new content, and we already do, with new weapons, new frames, new primes, semi-regular tac alerts, new skins, cinematic quests, etc. 

Thing is, this game is an alpha (alpha's still have changes to major features of the game) that they're calling an "open beta." This game needs to move out of it's alpha/"perpetual beta" state and into a release-ready state. That doesn't mean that they'll be selling physical copies of the game. All it means is that the core game is complete, that there are no major changes being made to the game's core content (so, all the reworks are done, most things are balanced in the game, it's feature-set). In such a state, Warframe would no longer have any contradictory lore, any "beta" features like Focus, any unfinished/half-finished content like Dojos (i.e. the Observatory and the Hall of Honor). Once the game is in such a state, DE can then add more new content without having to even worry about reworking existing features of the game. That is what I mean by Warframe being out of beta. That is what DE should focus on, and that's why I agree with you that they need to stop adding entirely new features to the game after TWW. IMO, they also need to drop this whole cinematic quest thing. I don't think it's working. I think it's too ambitious for them, and I think it takes away development from other areas of the game. I think they can accomplish the same thing with smaller-scale quests. I think the most valuable aspect of the cinematic quests so far have been the tilesets, not the cinematics.

• Upvote 2