[DE]Steve

Anndddd it's already October.

Just now, Doxorn said:

What will happen to Carrier's Vacuum then ?

They stated on a Devstream that Carrier will get a new ability.

Just now, Doxorn said:

What will happen to Carrier's Vacuum then ?

Nothing is set in stone yet, but precepts they were considering on devstream involved extra ammo, and or some kind of ammo mutation effect, for your weapons. 

Just now, CompanionCombine said:

But they didn't give what people wanted. People wanted Vacuum, at it's regular 12M range to be put on the WARFRAMES, not on Sentinels only and certainly not with a nerfed range.

This. I don't understand why some people find this so hard to understand.

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

....and thus, people got exactly what they wanted with vacuum, and they STILL complain about it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9v-n4yLLyeGBSAGAgBLT

If we got "exactly" what we wanted, no one would be complaining.. -_-;

• Upvote 22

Not even waiting on TWW. I ain't mad.

What's that? Carrier would offer ammo mutation and such? SCREW THAT NOISE. That will make everyone abandon carrier. There's like 2 or 3 people using weapons that have low ammo and even they know better to have ammo restore pods.

You wanna go the right way? Make carrier a buffer! Small shield/health/armor buffs or proc-links like kubrows do. The keyword here is RELEVANT. (think of the many squishy warframes that would benefit that)
Don't make me regret wasting the plats used for skins on it ~_~"

I'm feeling too edgy, sorry.

• Upvote 2

The 5 stages of TWW

1 Sounds cool

2 It's just a delay not a big deal

3 Splitting it up? ok... I guess you can do that 

4 what the hell is happening at DE? did they accidentally delete the whole game and have to start from scratch?

5 I don't care, just feel sorry for the devs now. Rather them just scrap it then continue to beat the horse beyond recognition. 

• Upvote 8

Vacuum 5m? Didn't the mod have 7m on rank 0??? and on max 12m?

I'm trying to think of a reason why to cut the range more than 50%? If the Carrier gets ammunition mutation I probably will still use the carrier xD

Kavats and Kubrows won't profit at all from this change. How do I tell this my friend who has 101 Kubrows! :(

• Upvote 10

But why nerf the range from 12 to 5? Why not just make it a frame thing so we can use our cats and dogs too? Why not allow us to equip a sentinel AND a doggo or cat?

Any reasoning would do, even if most wouldn't agree but at least it's something.

Has any though been given to my second question?latest?cb=20140823212329&path-prefix=ru

Image sauce: http://ru.warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Файл:Rhino_is_sad.png

• Upvote 9

Urgh... why nerf a feature (Vacuum) that 80%+ of your playerbase always use by over 50%? Down to 5 m from 10-12.

There is a reason an overwhelming part of your players use that and slapping them in the face wont help to improve matters at all.

Its a real pain in the &#! to look out for drops when all i want to do is focus on the mission and parkour like a son of a *@##$. That is the fun part of this game not crawling like a snail over the ground and collecting little doodads.

So why not go all the way and let every Warframe have innate Vacuum? Maybe with an option to turn it off for those 3 people who don't want it for some weird reasons.

Why single out kitties and dogs? I only ever leveled them for Mastery and then went right back to Carrier because using them killed the flow of this game for me.

• Upvote 20

please just make the vacuum have the same range as carrier and let kubrows and kavats also have it, but with an option to turn it off because apparently some people don't like it

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

I like that our Sentinels are basically space vacuums, but what about Kubrows and Kavats x)

Yeah wondering the same here.

Glad it's not being split up into 3 though.

Why not vacuum on the warframe instead of sentinels? Now it's all sentinels vs kubrow/kavats.

• Upvote 10

2 minutes ago, yeti_fan said:

The 5 stages of TWW

1 Sounds cool

2 It's just a delay not a big deal

3 Splitting it up? ok... I guess you can do that 

4 what the hell is happening at DE? did they accidentally delete the whole game and have to start from scratch?

5 I don't care, just feel sorry for the devs now. Rather them just scrap it then continue to beat the horse beyond recognition. 

I'm not quite at the "I don't care" stages, but I'd rather them just 1) release the new tileset and 2) scrap the quest at this point.

• Upvote 1

it's more like sentinel or kavat now though .-.

Kubrow skills are pretty similar to sentinels except the one that can cast nekros's ooga booga booga

• Upvote 1

You nerf the Vacuum of the Carrier and try to sell it as a good thing? You made so many nerfs, you lost so many players...now another one?

Another month of wait for the TWW with decrease player numbers even more. The lack of endgame will do the rest. I'm willing to take a bet about a bottle champagne that there will be an additional player loss. And a cinematic quest will not solve the problem when I finish it within 2 hours. The lack of interesting repeatable gaming content is the real bad point.

http://steamcharts.com/app/230410

Yes, I know these are only Steam players but I think this won't be different for other players.

This is a loss of players (Oct 4th) from 33.747 to 22.407 (about 34%). Player loss means loss of turnover. When there is a massive customer loss of about 34% there would be massive consequences in a normal company.

• Upvote 16

7 minutes ago, cizzlebot said:

I really wish you guys would just add universal vacuum to all warframes, instead of keeping it sentinel exclusive.. However, this is still infinitely better than dividing it up into 3 separate mods, so at least there's that..

Ha, I wouldnt say that, decreasing the radius by 60% while only offering a paltry increase of the default radius from 3 to 5m is terrible. Splitting it into three mods and retaining an actually useful radius would have been "infinitely better"

Not sure if you're going to read this Steve, but I want to both, comment on the situation as well as ask for something.

First of all, I know and feel you guys with all the hassle the update cycle has brought to you. This one has required more work (dialogues, Operator animations, new mechanics which we'll learn eventually), so it's more than understandable. I know you guys have pushed hard, and probably have had, a terrible summer of work. So on that regard, keep it up.

What I feel, though, is that The War Within overreached too much. All the system updates that came from Lunaro onwards were undoubtedly necessary, but it's like you guys have done too much at the same time. That's something to definitely consider for future updates I feel.

On the other hand I wanted to ask you if there is any chance to make a big update focusing solely on updating and repairing. What I mean is, put a normal Tenno reinforcements that is absurdly big because it contains a lot of fixes on technical side, art stuff (we still have lots of PBR conversions to go, and the Art team apparently wanted them done earlier this year so...)... You name it. Just adding as much as you can. The reason I ask is because I have no idea on how the resources are right now until U19 ships, but I guess most assets are done and are only up to the QA team, so maybe you guys could probably start to catch up on some stuff that's fallen, unfortunetely, in the back burner.

Having said all this, I appreciate deeply the work you guys have done, do, and will most likely keep doing. I'm thrilled for this new content you've announced :)

See you Friday Steve (and crew!)! :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Steve said:

On PC, you can look forward to  'The Index' in October.
On PC, you can look forward to War Within more than a month away.  

you know instead of filling us WITH other content, I think people would have been far happier if the work went all into the war within other than being distracted will all the minor crap in between at this point. 

more teasers/trailers/hints would also help pacify the masses to prove stuff is still being done with it....

your making it real hard for me to love you anymore.... 

I was hoping for it as a passive to kubrows and kavats as well, kubrows are all but forgotten it feels. 

Edited by morningstar999
  • Upvote 1

or add these separate vacuum mods to extend the vacuum range for each category (health-energy orbs, resources-pickups, ammos)

I'm... very disappointed. We already had a delay that got us the Silver Grove. This second delay? Yeah, I get it, but, damn... That is one hell of a delay for something that was already delayed a LOT.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the information :D

Seems like the vacuum change generated a lot of controversy. Read more for my opinion:

I personally think that is a change in good direction. I normally use my lovely kavat but now each time I pick a sentinel I will surely think about which one choose instead of just picking Carrier.

I can understand the main idea of those who don't like this change: Less range in an ability that just fills a quality of life purpose. A huge vacuum range (without considering performance problems) would make the players forget about having to move around to pick the stuff, which is something that doesn't really fit the ninja experience. If we're totally honest tho, having to pick ammo, health and energy with "X" as we pick a Syndicate medallion would be more realistic and would add challenge without making enemies more powerfull, but with the difficulty system we have in the game now adding this would make the higher difficulty missions almost impossible.

The second complain about the change is "why just sentinels and not pets, or even Warframes".  While makes more sense to imagine a sentinel with vacuum, I'm not sure if pets have enough utility to be at the level of sentinels with innate vacuum. I'm not sure... both have pros and cons. About frames, the only reason that I can guess for this is the same as the previous one (don't give that much advantage to pets over sentinels), I would obviously prefer vacuum as a frames passive, but I would like to know DE's reason to make it the other way.

Conclusion: I think that if you DE share with us your thoughs about universal vacuum (why not pets/frames) and its range there will be much more people that understands these changes, even if there is always people that will not be agree and people that will rage (I personally saw some very sad "rage comments" that are hard to understand for me).

About the TWW delay, take all the time you need to make it. Things never will be perfect but you have to try to reach it so you get the excellent, feel good with your work and give us a great gaming experience.

You guys have my full support.

Edited by Urdillo
  • Upvote 2

I (and I'm sure others) appreciate the updates on how TWW is going, but these delays are honestly killing us as a community/player base. I'm sure I'm not alone here when I say that all I do everyday is login for daily tribute, then log right back out. I've known several friends who used to play, and don't anymore. All because the update has been delayed, and Vets haven't had anything worth doing. But hey. that's just my opinion.

Honestly, that isn't what bothers me most at this point. What really concerns me is the way Vacuum passive is being handled. It's gonna be 5 meters... When Carrier, as is right now, can pick stuff up from 12 meters away. This is a nerf if I have ever seen one. Why 5m and not the 12m Carrier has right now? It's not a huge number increase, but each meter makes a difference on the battlefield. It's like taking candy away from a child, then giving the child back the same candy... but sugar free. It doesn't taste as good as the original one did, because it got changed for no real reason. The point I'm making is, please make the range 12m like Vacuum is on Carrier now. That's my biggest gripe about this post. 

Aside from that, we're getting the new event, which is basically Corpus Rathuum. I don't like sounding ungrateful, but it's kind of lazy to just copy/paste old ideas with new skins. I would much rather get TWW then have an event that'll last, what, a week tops? I feel like priorities are shifted, and that is one of the reasons TWW has been delayed as long as it has. But again, that's just my opinion based on what's been going on.  

All that said, I really hope that TWW gets here to us sooner rather than later, that the Vacuum passive thing works out, and that the event will hopefully be more than just a Rathuum copy with Corpus. I realize I'm probably just repeating what others have said, but this is something I feel like I have to put my two cents in. 

Thanks to anyone who reads and relates. I appreciate ya. 

Edited by VentumMittens
to clarify my comment.
  • Upvote 15

Honestly, I love every single thing you have done (except Sapping Ospreys and Nullifiers, they can go die) and have been very patient. However, what is driving people away and what has made me feel upset/irritated at you (DE) is the fact that you NEVER meet your deadline dates. Next time, do not give us a date until the product is 98% finished. First July, then August, next September, then October and now it's supposed to drop on November? It's not the wait, it's the lack of punctuality. That is what is driving people away. I love Warframe passionately, but these delays are very frustrating. The War Within better cure world hunger and bring the end of the Fun Sapping Ospreys and Joy Nullifiers. 

There, I vented. Sorry.

• Upvote 6