Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within 

[DE]Megan

Just now, Roboplus said:

I'd rather have weapons that boost the performance of all companions, instead of singling out one. Doesn't even have to be new weapons, just buffs to under-performing weapons would be fine.

A line of "pet weapons" would be an interesting way to add another degree to weapon balance beyond more DPS. But having weapons tied to single companions feels limiting to a loadout.

However, it also allows for a deeper and more meaningful connection between the weapon and companion mechanics.

Making weapons that offer general boosts to all companions (and vice versa) will just lead to stale, generic designs, in my opinion.

This is beyond reta*ded...How about you leave "Carrier" to carry my Sh*t for me? Passive vacuum is fine for other sentinels, but Carrier itself should be left alone with the range that he had.

Edited by Vraelius

Wow this sucks. Just cut our vacuum in half FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

Why didn't you start by giving Carrier and 6m buff mod and no precept!. This was suggested a number of times. Then this would be an "experiment" to see which is better, carrier with 12m or other sentinels with 6m.

" We're starting with Sentinels to have this contained group of content analyzed. We will be keeping a close eye on how all of you feel about the new vacuum as well as looking at metrics to see how the distribution of sentinel usage changes across the community "

This is DUMB without leaving a 12m vacuum option. Of COURSE the sentinel usage will be more balanced because they now all have the same vacuum which is what most players wanted to use since they all used it.

I never complained about universal vacuum, I liked my carrier. I'm sorry DE wants to make their game about pickup loot that other people kill or that come out of containers behind you or what not. I'm sorry DE has taken this year to gut WF. What did I ever do to DE other than Use the sentinel I liked the most?

I'm so mad at this change.

There is no reason to make players pick up loot (mods, endo, resources). It shouldn't even BE dropped by mobs in the first place. That whole mechanic is meta, there is no reason to force players to pick up rewards mid battle.

and DE BETTER have fixed the problems of loot behind walls and out of reach places before making this change... but I'm sure they didn't.

Never another dime. Ever.

Edited by Shockwave-

Please just consider that some of us will still need to use Carrier for a short time, due to it being heavily forma'd where nothing else is :) Thank you very much for the vaccuum change, praise be to DE, and hopeful that I can pull out my cats and dogs soon...

1 minute ago, Vraelius said:

This is beyond $&*&*#(%&...How about you leave "Carrier" to carry my Sh*t for me? Passive vacuum is fine for other sentinels. but Carrier itself should be left alone with the range that he had.

YES! Please make them understand that we're not the only ones feeling salty about something that should've been left as it should've been!

Not bad and thanks for the updates!  Carrier will still probably still be my more used one thanks to the ammo case precept now :) (do not own any ammo mutation mods).  Makes it easier to level more sentinels now thanks to them having a reduced vacuum at least!  Also... can we get those landing craft decor to our dojo's as items we can build sometime?!  They'd be interesting to see!

Edited by Btabc

26 minutes ago, BAD9eR said:

50% range nerf to vacum ..... and you guys are happy ??? seriously ! 

Yes. Any game should have a range at which you pick items up. It's stupid for your model to actually have to collide with the item. However you don't need a large range on that. Yes it's convenient but as this is still evolving it's certainly possible and I think a good idea to introduce a universal mod that increases the range for farming builds or people who think it's worth giving up a mod slot. This is a step in the right direction. Some people don't want to have to use carrier in order to make up for bad game design. I think they should have just made this a base pickup range for the warframe (as most games have) and not specific to sentinels but I'm not going to shake a stick at progress.

Edited by LazyPoet

just did a run with the new system, i do find carrier new mod usefull in certain weapons, in this case i used ignis since i do syndicates with it.

now my feedback about the "nerf" on vacuum .....

as meele, i think there's no different, it is enough range in my opinion, but as range (like rifles, burst weapons, aoe weapons) ... is kinda terrible

after i tested yeah, is like i needed to go to where the item was dropped (like picking up normally) just for my carrier do the work, this was after i was using my ignis for destroy containers or kill enemys, but when i meele enemys, i didn't felt any different.

feedback - more or less.

Why would you add a new Machete and no new stance? Are you guys high? I don't care about the vacuum changes. I'm not that lazy. You move at the speed of sound anyway. Please add a new stance for Machete's. I want to be able to enjoy leveling them.

Guys, srsly... Give Vacuum to warframes and archwings. Not sentinels and pets. And not 6 meters for god's sake! 12 meters for warframes and 30-40 meters for archwings.
 Stop locking quality of life and core game mechanics behind specific equipment.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

Just now, LazyPoet said:

Yes. Any game should have a range at which you pick them up. It's stupid for your model to actually have to collide with the item. However you don't need a large range on that. Yes it's convenient but as this is still evolving it's certainly possible and I think a good idea to introduce a universal mod that increases the range for farming builds or people who think it's worth giving up a mod slot. This is a step in the right direction. Some people don't want to have to use carrier in order to make up for bad game design. I think they should have just made this a base pickup range for the warframe (as most games have) and not specific to sentinels but I'm not going to shake a stick at progress.

No it's not a step in the right it's a strait up nerf  to our pickup  and adds more penalty  for doing non def missions  and add more leg work for no reason it's a added hassle add not a step in the right direction