Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within 

[DE]Megan

Can next update be named "Archwing Without" and remove 6 Degrees of Freedom?

Issues:

1. All enemies are oriented to the exact same axis- only player changes orientation
  2. There is no quick re-orient key, instead it is some akward move mouse to edge for 30 seconds until it turns.
  3. The mini map and waypoint marker does not properly point to correct location if not in proper orientation
  4. Much slower reaction time on tight turns.

P.S

Thanks for Vaccum fix - it was one great change that needed to happen. Just like removing 6DoF until its fixed.

Edited by xxswatelitexx

2 minutes ago, LazyPoet said:

Yes. Any game should have a range at which you pick them up. It's stupid for your model to actually have to collide with the item. However you don't need a large range on that. Yes it's convenient but as this is still evolving it's certainly possible and I think a good idea to introduce a universal mod that increases the range for farming builds or people who think it's worth giving up a mod slot. This is a step in the right direction. Some people don't want to have to use carrier in order to make up for bad game design. I think they should have just made this a base pickup range for the warframe (as most games have) and not specific to sentinels but I'm not going to shake a stick at progress.

lets compare what they did there. its as if one would say too many ppl are using frost for defence missions so lets half the usefulness of frosts globe and give it to every other frame

Hot garbage. 50% nerf to a quality of life feature 89% of the player base used in exchange for what looks like an unranked ammo mutation, except this also has a delay built in, and ammo drum.

EDIT: It's actually even worse than this. Now if you run an ammo hungry weapon + an efficient one, the ammo mutation precept will eat all the spare ammo. Completely nerfed into the ground, GG

Edited by Racter

9 minutes ago, nelson1993 said:

Nice update, but we still can't install the same mods on the primary weapon and the sentinel's weapon at the same time. Can you please do something for this?

By design, it's been that way since it's inception

5 minutes ago, LazyPoet said:

Yes. Any game should have a range at which you pick items up. It's stupid for your model to actually have to collide with the item. However you don't need a large range on that. Yes it's convenient but as this is still evolving it's certainly possible and I think a good idea to introduce a universal mod that increases the range for farming builds or people who think it's worth giving up a mod slot. This is a step in the right direction. Some people don't want to have to use carrier in order to make up for bad game design. I think they should have just made this a base pickup range for the warframe (as most games have) and not specific to sentinels but I'm not going to shake a stick at progress.

sry to say but having it only for 6m is like you picking up the item normally, we players noticed this, and was a big change, comparing 10~12m to 6m is wayy much.

we talking about 3D model, not 1D model, you might think that 6m is enough, well on 1D model maybe, but on 3D model is like we are picking up the item normally

It's just amazing. I was using Carrier together with Looter mod. So right now Carrier will destroy sh*t from like 20 meters but will be able to suck it up from 6? What the hell is that? Im not even talking about the noise that carrier is doing when opening chests...RIP stealth missions. But yea, its the VACUUM that needs nerfing...Logic.

2 minutes ago, Manticore84 said:

lets compare what they did there. its as if one would say too many ppl are using frost for defence missions so lets half the usefulness of frosts globe

They already did this... they changed it so nullifier bubbles kill the globe....pretty much making globe useless in corpus levels with high nullifier content

37 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed an issue where Rescue targets would fall into the water and die on Ocean Lab missions, resulting in an instant fail. 
  • Fixed missions not being automatically selected when clicking on an Invasion with only one active battle.

Thanks!

Currently playtesting the new Vacuum ... and the range is stupid short. I cannot even notice the difference if i'm walking over the pickup or my sentinel grabs it ...

They call it a fix ... here's a tip. Give ALL! companions an aura ... and make Vacuum an aura mod with 12m range like the original ... but add more companion speciffic auras. There! Anyone suggested that? No ...

Isn't your data on sentinel usage rates going to be skewed when you have released a sentinel interactive weapon at the same time as this vacuum update?

I hope everyone enjoys their 17% effectiveness vacuum and put a carrier back on so DE gets a clear message on their numbers that this is not acceptable in range.