Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within 

[DE]Megan

1 meter increase? I'm going to stick to using carrier because you are playing games instead of just fixing the problem.

You sat on coptering for years until you had something that removed its need while giving a better experience, do the same thing here instead of wasting everyones time with a pointless nerf to vacuum. 

3 hours ago, DeFragMe said:

i just love this vaccum sentinel gif...

l0HlutHBjgD1tSY9y.gif

new vaccum weapon incoming? i think i also saw a megaphone in there.

would have been even more awesome if they put a carrier in the front throwing out a lot of loot from his bag and the other sentinels unable to pick it up and carrier saying "no rly....its a buff"

Edited by Manticore84

THANK YOU. Been waiting years for Vacuum to finally be spread around.

I mean, picking carrier was a no brainer. If you didn't pick carrier, you missed out on loot. Lots of it. So really, Carrier and Helios were the only real options. Helios when running new content/hunting for scans, carrier in literally every other situation. Choosing sentinels like diriga or djinn meant making a conscious decision to get less out of a given mission.

Everyone is going to be arguing about whether vacuum should be universal for all pets, cats and dogs included, or even just a passive for all warframes. That's an entire discussion on it's own. What do we want "loot play" to look like? Hunting the level for every last scrap of loot? Everything being automatically hoovered up? Do we want to have "loot play" at all? I'm sure some will suggest just awarding all the loot at the end of the mission, without needing to "pick up" anything.

I'm not going to comment on that. 'Frames like hydroid and nekros make it clear that "loot play" is here to stay.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for finally making this change.

Changing vacuum from carrier only to all sentinels is a hugely positive change.

With that one change, sentinel choice is suddenly much more interesting.

why nerf a something that is known for what it do best only to give other things the broken same advantage. And leave the thing that has been doing what it does the best, so messed up.

I was there when the sentinels were introduced, where you couldn't fight battles without them because they were so powerful, like a npc controlled warframe. I was there where my 100 plat investment became a nuisance because it would start a fight with everything it detected only to explode a few seconds later.  At some point I got annoyed of it, so I was companionless in battles for a long time. Then after a few months, after a period of getting out. I got the Carrier Prime, still useless overall but at the end of a mission I could see the fruits of this investment, an increase in battle spoils. The other one that also felt useless but much better than the overall choices was Helios, it felt like a broken concept at times. But overall still better in terms of use than the other sentinels. What I'm try to say is that most sentinels are just (for the lack of a better word), things that don't have meaning but you use for the sake of it, just like many weapons and towards the future more frames. 

Here are my reasons why I use certain sentinels or not.

Dethcube: My first sentinel. Great investment at that time. Now it is useless. such shame.
Other damage type sentinels, falls in the Dethcube category.
Shade: The concept of being invisible for all of my frames, sounded wonderful. Until I saw what it did. I was invisible, if I was near an enemy but haven't attacked or has been attacked for a period of 5 to 15 seconds (it varies) but also didn't point my weapon at anyone, while not being detected. AKA as if I wasn't there. Just like me coming from behind and being undetected by the enemy moving forward. 
Carrier / P: battle spoils or sucking up any energy orbs (of there are any) when my energy pool low.
Helios: Scans stuff when it wants to. The concept of it is great, take away the valuable time eating process of having to scan everything. In game however, it doesn't always scan the enemy, it takes an awful while and it doesn't always scan.

Hope you can do something with my feedback 

I got my hopes high and fingers crossed for this game - which I still really like from the early beginnings until now.

Spoiler

Too all great things must / will come an end.

all sentinels have loot pick-up, finally, our complaints have made an impact

no more 12m pick-up range...........................................

tenno.exe has stopped working

vacuum but at what cost, now i wish we never complained Q_Q 

excuse me as i go sulk in a corner and never complain again, consequences never thought about the consequences