Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier: Right Back to Square One

IX-44

We just went full 180-flip with Carrier now.

Before, Carrier had a debatably "required" mod of having a loot vacuum.

Now, Carrier has ammo mutations for all of your weapons (which also has an insane conversion rate) as well as buffing the size of your ammo surplus for all of your weapons.

Before, you could take others or take Carrier. There really was no downside besides potential efficiency in picking up loot.

Now, you'd be stupid not to take Carrier IMO.

6 minutes ago, tbeest said:

I rarely need ammo conversion mods so I don't know why I should use the Carrier for it's new mod? I mean, I have a 12 meter loot pick up radius- oh. Wait.

well the pox for example is an incredibly awesome weapon which can be used very effective now. The old ammo max was bs but now you can use it to the highest potency. I like it.

Sure if you are using a really hungry gun then Carrier looks like a good option. But not all guns have ammo problems. If your gun doesn't have ammo problems, why would you use Carrier as opposed to something that offers CC or debuffing?  Choices are the name of the game here.

Don't get me wrong but, really a 6 meter effective range? RLY NOW???

Before
unknown.pngunknown.png

After

unknown.png

So just to get it straight: Nerf Vacuum on its own right with 50% less range and give it to all sentinels. WUT REALLY???
Give carrier one of the most useless/usefull mods that could exist for him, although hey more weapons get a little buff to ammo conversion.
Resulting in making normal ammo conversion mods USELESS, and yes making up for more modding space in weapons.
Although I had no issues with ammo I think I now am gonna get issues because of the Mediocre range of the Vacuum passive.

I think that the passive itself can be buffed to counter the loss of range we have now it should be 12 meters and nothing less.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion

You'll prolly not get much understanding as to how good innate ammo mutation is.

Most players hardly spend 5 minutes in a mission let alone an  hour+ where ammo mutation is amazing for just about every weapon in the game short of a few Damage per shot weapons like Hek, Lex,, Marelok and Tigris.

It even allows you to more freely consider mods like Vile Acceleration where otherwise ammo efficiency would outweigh the gains.

I've got all of the sentinels except wyrm prime and carrier (sold it when I got prime version) and I still see no reason to pick anything other than the carrier (prime)... strong stats and still has arguably the most useful precept for most people, especially as it seems to stack with ammo mutation mods (and I assume max ammo...)

The only things I'd consider using over the carrier are the kavats/kubrows (although chesa kubrow is about as useful as vacuum is at 6m) but due to the 'tests' that the devs want to do they don't get vacuum yet if at all.. 

Carrier - precepts work consistently at all levels

Deathcube - precepts fall off at higher level

Diriga - precepts work ok if you're in one place but they're just not exactly useful when running around, again they fall off at higher levels

Djinn - fatal attraction draws enemies to you... um yeah lets just not bother with that one at high levels shall we

Helios - I get to scan things for the codex.....yeah thats useful when it's full, doesn't even scan kavat dna or gain cephalon points

Shade - supposedly turns us invisible when an enemy is near.... usually it happens after I've killed said enemy.

Wyrm - can't really say I've seen the precept do much...

Kubrows/Kavats have their own issues admittedly but you can revive them unlike sentinels and some people would rather have a 'pet' than a robot with them.. 

4 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

You'll prolly not get much understanding as to how good innate ammo mutation is.

Most players hardly spend 5 minutes in a mission let alone an  hour+ where ammo mutation is amazing for just about every weapon in the game short of a few Damage per shot weapons like Hek, Lex,, Marelok and Tigris.

It even allows you to more freely consider mods like Vile Acceleration where otherwise ammo efficiency would outweigh the gains.

I do but still DID NOT need the ammo conversion and btw I stacked ammo resupplies for those kind of situations that you may need ammo.
And owh lets look when you are into long missions then probably your little Carrier is dead and you can't get ammo conversion at all.

Also just saying his ammo conversion is nice but an unwelcome change to the vacuum range that makes it sour for me.
I already walked in and feel that the whole passive is mediocre and not even needed because most of the time I have to walk OVER the freaking loot before it gets towards me.

I don't know but or just buff the passive because this mediocre range is not enough most of the cases.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

16 minutes ago, TheRoaringLion said:

I do but still DID NOT need the ammo conversion and btw I stacked ammo resupplies for those kind of situations that you may need ammo.
And owh lets look when you are into long missions then probably your little Carrier is dead and you can't get ammo conversion at all.

Also just saying his ammo conversion is nice but an unwelcome change to the vacuum range that makes it sour for me.
I already walked in and feel that the whole passive is mediocre and not even needed because most of the time I have to walk OVER the freaking loot before it gets towards me.

I don't know but or just buff the passive because this mediocre range is not enough most of the cases.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

The only weapon I've ever used ammo conversion for is Aksomati because it's DPS made up for the mod slot. Otherwise I refuse to run it. In my eyes if a weapon requires ammo mutation it's not worth using. I use ammo supplies as well but in case of Carrier you may no longer need to and can even consider RoF on some of the mid range ammo economy weapons.

I don't think it's worth the Vacuum nerf at all.  I'd rather this entire waste of time be reverted.

What you're noticing with Vacuum not responding is actually a previous Vacuum nerf they did about a month ago.

They called it a fix. I'll see if I can find it. But it had something to do with the update timers on Vacuum being lowered and ever since that update Vacuum doesn't respond to loot all the time, it's made worse by the shorter radius as before an item would spend longer within range and it would update the pickup in time.

7 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

Automatic and continuous firing weapons don't exist in this game. 

Aside from popping bubbles they're inferior to shotgun and aoe weapons.

"Spawns Clem in mission" PRRRRRRRRRRT "uses tonkor all the time" CLEM CLEM PRRRRRT Bam Null dead. donnow never consider some high fire rate weapons, they just don't scale right.

Chao, The Roaring Lion