Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix 1

[DE]Rebecca

I dont normally post in any forum but I thought I would take the time to do so this time. 

1) Thank you for warframe. I really enjoy the game. ("The vacuum within" made me lol)

2)While it would take a bit of retraining. 6m Vacuum is fine. (10 - 12 meters was awesome but...compromise)

3) I have a suggestion. The vacuum effect may be best suited for warframes themselves for the following reason (s).

- Sentinels always stay close to you so the vacuum effect is not a problem. However there is no logical way of putting a vacuum type effect on a pet as they have a mind of their own and tend to be very rarely next to you. Chesa kubrow..my only pet...virtually useless when it comes to item pickup.

-Less coding. Sentinels and pets are in different classes and behaviours so to initialize vacuum on them requires two sets of coding sessions. versus putting it on a warframe which is one coding session (subject to correction). Less work (yessss)

4) End game content. I dont do raids( too much saltiness from veterans) (most not willing to teach, forgetting that they were once noobs themselves)but I do sorties everyday. Which I do enjoy (Radiation Effects + Ash Prime makes for an interesting match). Has DE ever considered adding another planet to the star chart (I vote Planet Epsilon) and giving similar type missions that refreshes every 24 hours with sortie type level enemies(Grineer, Corpus, Infested AND Void) and conditions (Kyla De Tham Boss Fight + Fire or Cyro conditions would be super challenging). Should shut up all "No end game" criticism's from players. Could function similarly to the "Invasion type" matches. 

-Alternatively if not a planet. A simple mission generator should be fine. Can be set to randomly generate sorties type missions or have the player select the conditions. Im not sure what would be the mission rewards though....flawless relics? more endo? exclusive mods?

5) Plz Plz Plz fix the relic rewards system. Having 4 players with 4 Radiant relics and 2 Players getting forma and the other two rewards are from the top of the reward just pisses ppl off and makes it not worth the effort. I have been a victim of this numerous times. Plz if possible set a condition that only 1 forma can show up.

I have more thoughts but this post is long enough. Thank you for warframe. Please stop giving release dates for war within. Kinda making yourselves look like liars. Keep on trucking. 

- A loyal Tenno

16 minutes ago, bouabid_samir said:

6 meter is no enoutgh; i must walk some time over the mods , or too mutch near for that i can pick up. i dont no if it's a bug for me or a review is nessecery for more range! and for more funny game play

Same issue here, I spend a lot more time trying to get loot to be picked up now...

I'm honestly fine with the range. I only used carrier for my limbo cause you can't pick up anything while in the rift. All my other warframes had either my pet kavat/kubrow or one of the other sentinel that are in the game. Thanks to this update. I can put something other than a carrier for my limbo. I chosed djinn as its new sentinel so i can be a live decoy if needed XD. I'm having lots of fun. As to the salt i see here.... You players are just lazy as f*ck. Seriously guys? Where is your treasure hunting spirits? Ever since the ayatan update. I been like a treasure Hunter lol. So you have to walk more to get resources. Big whoop. Get off your lazy asses and go looking for the treasure if you need the resources that badly.

Sadly, I can't be happy for the fact that now all Sentinels have Vacuum: 6 meters range of Vacuum is pretty much useless, it saves only 2 or 3 foot walking for something is right next to you: 'Oh, I am a lazy Tenno, I don't want to walk like 2 or 3 feet for that resource, even if I have a bullet jump that can cover that!' that's the thought in my mind for the Vacuum now. When we had 12 meters Vacuum on Carrier you could even get mods from behind locked doors (like in the Void, there are some doors that you can unlock pressing some plates, but sometimes they don't work even if you press them in order, and the doors stay closed) and if you had something like punch-through weapons or abilities with area of effect or explosives, you could destroy the crates and get the mods; now, I tried this in a Void mission, I equipped Telos Boltace (yes, the spinning attack can be useful to smash the crates :D) and I used it to smash some crates behind a door I couldn't open with the plates: well, I got the resources but not the mods in there, and they were just 1 or 2 meters of range, not an abyssal distance you would expect...I couldn't get some mods they were so close because of the 6 meters of Vacuum. So I am sorry, but if I had to decide between the old Carrier with 12 meters of Vacuum that could help you with that situation (treasures out of phisycal range for your Warframe) and the 6 m Vacuum for all (when you can simply walk over to get the items, and you can't even get the 'impossible' treasures), I prefer the old one.

Can we get a percept that decreases pickup range for  health orbs, energy orbs and mission pickups,  but boosts credit pickup range?
Now I am afraid to use shade\diriga on my clutch builds for fear of destroying "backup energy" after a mag proc\leech eximus wave.

Okay...  after trying out the recent vac "nerf" for several missions now, it's painfully obvious that "vacuum" no longer sucks... it blows...  assides from carrier being able to administer slightly more damage than other sentinels, the carrier has effectively been reduced to the same uselessness of the other sentinels.

I believe that was their intentions anyway...  thanks...  Oh-well... at least the pet companions will be somewhat more efficient.

17 minutes ago, BlueTunicLink said:

I'm honestly fine with the range. I only used carrier for my limbo cause you can't pick up anything while in the rift. All my other warframes had either my pet kavat/kubrow or one of the other sentinel that are in the game. Thanks to this update. I can put something other than a carrier for my limbo. I chosed djinn as its new sentinel so i can be a live decoy if needed XD. I'm having lots of fun. As to the salt i see here.... You players are just lazy as f*ck. Seriously guys? Where is your treasure hunting spirits? Ever since the ayatan update. I been like a treasure Hunter lol. So you have to walk more to get resources. Big whoop. Get off your lazy asses and go looking for the treasure if you need the resources that badly.

9 syndicates take long enough if you like to find the treasure.(like me)

now you need to go in every part/room in massive maps,just makes it teadus and boring.

eesh, so much salt about Vaccume, now I realise a lot of you are moaning about the vacuum range, but i'm assuming that many of you don't even know how large of an area 6m is, that's 6m from the sentinel by the way, so a RADIUS of 6m, meaning at widest point its still 12m out, oh and by the way, 6m = roughly 19.8 feet, thats quite a distance by any stretch of imagination, I mean does your vaccum at home suck up things that are that far away? no? so do you cry to your manufacturers about having to do a little more walking? no? then quit moaning

I thought Warframe's gameplay was going around and mauling your enemies. Why does it have to be Dora the Explorer Simulator now? I have to stop what I'm doing just to go back and collect the loot that drops now. Even then, it doesn't even gather the loot and bullet jumping makes the sentinel hover too high off the ground to gather anything. It's like throwing a deck of cards on the ground and then playing 52 Pick Up without a vacuum. I'd probably have more fun at this point picking up cards than I do trying to pick up loot. At this point, you might as well made a mod called Blower and have it blow away all the loot cause there's no difference at this point.

I'm not even going to be surprised if they use the release of a new weapon for the most underused sentinel and then go on stream Friday providing data saying that "From what we gathered after The Vacuum Within patch, we have seen a decrease of Carrier users and an increase of Djinn users, therefore this patch is working just fine.". I'm probably going to be called spoiled, yeah, I'm spoiled. These gosh darn spoiled players think that a game about space ninjas shouldn't be about picking items off the ground because it is such an amazing and engaging gameplay mechanic.

6 hours ago, Didoguard said:

My god, this update just showed how spoiled the community is. Few meters nerf is nothing compared to the fact that now all sentinels are somehow equal in that matter. They finally gave us a real chance and reason to use all sentinels that suits our play style and not be forced to use only one. I've seen a lot of changes in the years ( I am playing the game since open beta start ). This change was requested and long time postponed. It is finally here and yet most of the spoiled brads whine on the forums. This only shows how bad the community has become. The inability to even have logical thought behind their arguments is horrifying. 

DE, keep up with the good work and ignore the $&*&*#(%& requests for 12m range on everything. This is warframe - not a vacuum cleaner simulator game. One sentinel dominated all due to a simple utility feature in it. The change is awesome and pretty much introduced greater variety to a section of the game where Carrier was ruler by default. We are ninjas, movement has so much emphasis here. Whole systems were reworked for it. Don't make the game another tower defense 3rd person shooter just because someone is lazy to move few meters more. 

Man, now all sentinels have less of 10% of old carrier vaccum effectiveness. Its not a question of linear 6m reduction - vaccum its a sphere, 1m on radius of a sphere can change its volume significantly.

Edited by Pato-L0k0

@[DE]Rebecca thank you kindly for the hotfix, however... if your goal was to make people use all Sentinels more then...

...I don't think I'm alone when I say its extremely confusing to see no logical reason or design rationale for reducing the vacuum range by half to reach that goal. Unless I missed it? Anyone?

So, my not-unreasonable questions remain:

1) If your goal was to make all Sentinels a viable option, how does reducing by half the vacuum mod help you reach that goal? Seems like an arbitrary decision based upon no statistics but personal choice.

2) Logically, if you really wanted to accurately measure your  Sentinel changes you would only change one variable, innate vacuum, and measure. You should not complicate it by changing two variables, innate vacuum, and vacuum range. Why change two variables?

3) Is it DE's intention to make other Sentinels viable by actually increasing health or armour? This is the factor that will influence people to use other Sentinels, not vacuum. Currently Carrier Prime is the most used because it can be modded to be a tanky shield Sentinel, and not a Paper Tiger.

4) Will DE please release the newly collected stats for Sentinel use following this change?

Thank you.

Another great update DE, definitely a step in the right direction!

Although i do have some suggestions for some fine tweaking:

-  Universal Vacuum for all Warframes/Archwings

-  maybe increase vacuums range to about ~8 meters(ish)

- Carrier, Diriga and Wyrm seem to be fine as they are now. Djinn is ~okay

- slightly (but noticably) increase Helios' scan speed

- "buff" shade's cloaking to be more reliable (maybe like Huras' Stalk or increase range or remove LOS etc.)

17 minutes ago, wittie said:

eesh, so much salt about Vaccume, now I realise a lot of you are moaning about the vacuum range, but i'm assuming that many of you don't even know how large of an area 6m is, that's 6m from the sentinel by the way, so a RADIUS of 6m, meaning at widest point its still 12m out, oh and by the way, 6m = roughly 19.8 feet, thats quite a distance by any stretch of imagination, I mean does your vaccum at home suck up things that are that far away? no? so do you cry to your manufacturers about having to do a little more walking? no? then quit moaning

Cause a 6 meter radius = a 12 meter diameter therefore 12 meter diameter = 12 meter radius. Gee thanks. I learned so much today.

Now can you teach me how much a 6 meter radius sphere's volume compares to a 12 meter radius sphere's volume. A 6 meter sphere radius is 904.78 meters³ while a 12 meter sphere radius is 7238.23 meters³. That's about 12.5% effective range compared to the old distance or a 87.5% decrease in effective range.

And since you're asking, yes my vacuum does suck things that far away. That's what Roombas are designed for. And when I cry that it breaks, they at least send me a new one or at least try to repair it.

13 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Fixed a missing Platinum price on the Djinn Deluxe Bundle (Gazal Complete Collection).Fixed gifting not working for the Djinn Deluxe Bundle (Gazal Complete Collection).

So if I bought armors and the Machette separately as soon as the update came out I spent much more platinum on something I could get even the Djin with? Will we get any refund or something?

Edited by -TsG-Psycho_Unicorn

Well... I suppose Space Mum would be happy at least, but ever since I raised my Smeeta kitty, I just can't go back to summoning a sentinel to battle. >_>;;

... besides, I have a Synoid Heliocor now.  Not even Helios is useful anymore. =P

Tried to get behind this new vacuum on all sentinels but after playing for a bit and it really just feels like you guys nerfed it for no reason.  Ammo Case is nice but is really only useful for a few weapons, aprex, synoid gammacor and other bullet hoses. This is still not quite enough for me to stop using primed ammo mutation mods on those weapons as well as a result this precept is pretty useless IMO. Then there is an issue of Carrier Prime still being the tankiest of the sentinels and it also having the highest DPS sentinel weapon and as a result I still want to use it for most missions, I should note that this was already mentioned here- https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/560uxw/carrier_prime_will_continue_to_be_picked_over/. Another issue is sentinel weapon range is still determined by the sentinel's precept and not the weapon it uses so my Dirigia will try to snipe with a Sweeper Prime and a Carrier will only engage in short range with Vuklok. The Deconstructor can only be equipped by the Helios still. What the hell is this? This really creates the illusion of more choices while not addressing the core problems. Weapons only work with certain sentinel effectively, vacuum should be an effective pickup tool and close to what it previously was and senitnels effective ehp (given Wyrm Prime is squishier than regular Wyrm) needs to be looked at as a whole.

Seems like you guys had a decision behind the scenes that Vacuum was too good and had to spin the vacuum nerf. While getting more variety is stated to be the end goal; a few more places need changes to be applied prior to there actually being possible. Sentinels ehp is unbalanced and their weapons versus sentinel range issue needs to be addressed. Also vacuum in sentinels it doesn't address the Kubrow/Kavat issue either.

Edited by 3thereal