Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix 1

[DE]Rebecca

I do so love this update,and the fact that now most sentinels may shine.....tough,now,companions seem to .....go behind,so to say....

don't get me wrong,i will still use my kavat,Isaac, and i will still love it but...come on,a small vacum inside it's collar wouldn't hurt...it would be heavy to carry,but that will be it's problem,not mine.. :D .....

Thanks for everything DE,please continue in the same manner......can we please consider having companion vacum as well...please?

36 minutes ago, Aikurisu said:

Well... I suppose Space Mum would be happy at least, but ever since I raised my Smeeta kitty, I just can't go back to summoning a sentinel to battle. >_>;;

... besides, I have a Synoid Heliocor now.  Not even Helios is useful anymore. =P

I declare. I find the synoid heliocor with the helios quite the scanning combo. During the nightwatch event. I could scan enemies i killed and my helios had thr same chance of scanning that enemu before i killed it resulting in 2 scans on a single enemy. Probably more if the widgets counts (idk if the weapon and sentinel can have the chance of 2 scans on a single scan. If someone can let me know this then that'll be great.)

R

6 minutes ago, TenGaugeBoson said:

Just Don't understand.

What was the logic behind the range reduction?

Just makes no sense to me...trying to but I cannot.

Range reduction its okay, but from the original carrier total volume.

DE changes needs it to 9-10 meters.

Edited by Pato-L0k0

Well, maybe Im being ignorant, when I heard about universal vacuum I was really hyped to use my wyrm prime (cause I think it look very nice) and... Well, 6m, REALLY????? "AND" Carrier get his new mod: Ammo Case...(Akstiletto LOVER) - Why I will use Wyrm (or other sentinel) when Carrier is still the best sentinel?

I DONT play warframe to spend a lot of time walking around to get loot. I never used a kavat or a kubrow (just for rank up) and I will never use.

Edited by Koda39

1 hour ago, Blazability said:

Cause a 6 meter radius = a 12 meter diameter therefore 12 meter diameter = 12 meter radius. Gee thanks. I learned so much today.

Now can you teach me how much a 6 meter radius sphere's volume compares to a 12 meter radius sphere's volume. A 6 meter sphere radius is 904.78 meters³ while a 12 meter sphere radius is 7238.23 meters³. That's about 12.5% effective range compared to the old distance or a 87.5% decrease in effective range.

And since you're asking, yes my vacuum does suck things that far away. That's what Roombas are designed for. And when I cry that it breaks, they at least send me a new one or at least try to repair it.

I think you will find that a 6m radius on a sphere gives you a VOLUME of 904.78 meters³, not a radius of such, and yes its a loss of about 87.5% and your point is? yes its range is reduced by a massive %.... and still it doesnt bother me, why? because an area of 113.1 meters squared (or 1217.36ft squared) is still pretty damn big.

to put it in comparison, 6m is roughly the height of a giraffe, or about 0.55 times the size of a telephone pole, so yes, people are whining and moaning, yet still fail to realise that that is a damn large radius, as for Volume, to give you a rough idea, 904.78 meters³ is about a third of the volume found in an Olympic regulation swimming pool, or 1/5th of the volume of the goodyear blimp, so again pretty freeking huge

though your comment regarding your roomba, seems to answer my concerns, far to lazy to move a couple of feet

14 hours ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

I'm actually fine with the range. I always used Carrier before just for convenience, but I really don't see the problem with walking around just a bit.

14 hours ago, Cazzzz said:

I dont get all the salt with the 6m vacuum. Im just glad to be able to finally bring a sentinel that has something other than the damn vacuum, without losing out on its benefits. (Tbh, I dont even see a difference between the old and the new) 

87.5% of vacuum area of effect gone.

42 minutes ago, wittie said:

to put it in comparison, 6m is roughly the height of a giraffe, or about 0.55 times the size of a telephone pole, so yes, people are whining and moaning, yet still fail to realise that that is a damn large radius, as for Volume, to give you a rough idea, 904.78 meters³ is about a third of the volume found in an Olympic regulation swimming pool, or 1/5th of the volume of the goodyear blimp, so again pretty freeking huge

though your comment regarding your roomba, seems to answer my concerns, far to lazy to move a couple of feet

I would find this point relevant if everything in Warframe were to scale.... but seriously I can bullet jump 50m in the air, there are no space giraffes or space blimps, in this game so this section is irrelevant. It's not that I'm lazy, it's that stopping to pick up loot breaks the flow of the game, that's why I'm against stopping to pick stars (although I do it) as they essentially are Endo Orbs (which I don't have to stop to pickup). If their game was designed to purposefully pick up items, then that would make sense to me but it would seriously remove the "fast paced" action of the ninja space shooter.

Edited by 3thereal

11 hours ago, Cazzzz said:

Well, it could be that or 100% of it. As said by a few other players, this nerf to two sentinels is a buff to the other eight. 

There is no need to ruin something just to make something else look better . What's the reason behind that nerf ? What was wrong with the range ? Why is it a bad thing if all the  sentinels would get that " original carrier vacuum"?I just don't get it. What is OP or generally wrong with that idea? . Walking around for ammo and loot  it's not fun at all , especially not in a fast-paced game .

6m Vacuum is ok. However the vacuum update came with the worse possible timing, when people are actively going back to search special drops like Ayatan stars, sculptures, syndicate pickables, which are easier to spot when vacuum doesn't suck them. Players wouldn't be bothered that much if the vacuum had come earlier this year and they had to deal with searching those items while already used to the 6m effect.

Unfortunatly, figuring the right time to release an update and actually matching it is beyond DE's capabilities.

Edited by Duduminador

Seriously, this range nerf needs to be undone. Ive had some more game time time today and im now pretty sure that they just went in and slashed it without really giving it too much thought or consideration for what community has to say about it and i think its pretty obvious what the majority thinks.

Edited by Serbian2G

Actually the effective range is even lower than 6m it's about 5.9m because of pickups laying on the ground. Also, sometimes sentinel's logic working bad - on half of that distance, like sentinel ignoring credits until you almost walk on them!

1 minute ago, Serbian2G said:

Seriously, this range nerf needs to be undone. Ive had some more game time time today and im now pretty sure that they just went in and slashed it without really giving it too much thought or consideration for community has to say about it and i think its pretty obvious..

it's ridiculous,you need to stand that close that you would pick it up anyway.

so unnecessary and shows so much contempt for it's fan base that i for one will be uninstalling the game.

I tried to be constructive but, it's really hard when the only justification for the range change is that you really really despite us getting items within your game, that you decided to make a fast-paced action shooter. 10 minutes now trying to write something useful but, I don't think if it got thrown in your face you'd react.

dogpoo. <- also sense