Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix 1

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, DarkOvion said:

Well, 80% of people used Carrier - that would be primarily for Vacuums quality of life improvements.

Most people would play the missions and let Carrier collect the loot as they went.

Now, these people will have to backtrack, they will have to take more time to collect the loot.

They will not be able to collect loot glitched in walls, floors, ceilings (and that's not likely to get  fixed, as it hasn't been for years).

For most people, it will slow down the flow of the game and make things take longer.

I used carrier all the time too. exclusively. any loot I could not get before, I could not get now. Any loot I could get before, I can get now. 

10 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

This isn't a cult, people leaving aren't the heretics you are better without in your community.

This is a consumer product. A game. Someone earlier brought up a fallacy about appealing to popularity, but they didn't think about how it doesn't apply in a situation like this, where popularity, consumer demand, actually is important to take into account in your business strategies. And unless vacuum somehow magically takes money away from the devs, then what possible reason did they have in reducing the range of vacuum?

Best statement in this topic so far. Thank you for that.

3 minutes ago, -JT-_-R3W1ND said:

Just for your knowlage, this flame what you are do difine like "demagogy", or "trolling", as we named this in internets. You not disagee with me. You just telling something without actually checking the facts. And even now, you don't say "sorry, my mistake", you say "isnt' a catastrothe". This is not what you say first. You say "same time" and this is untrue.

easy bud, I'm not sure the interwebs are ready for all that. <<see, now I'm trolling you>>...you're right, I'm not apologizing to you, I have no reason to.

Just now, DarkOvion said:

Unless that loot is greater than 5.54 meters away from you.

agreed, if it is stuck in a wall greater than that distance we cannot now get it..it is a bug and should be reported to the appropriate forums which it should of been before.

Just now, Babellon said:

agreed, if it is stuck in a wall greater than that distance we cannot now get it..it is a bug and should be reported to the appropriate forums which it should of been before.

And yet, even as a known and reported bug, for many years, it's still there.

5 minutes ago, DarkOvion said:

And yet, even as a known and reported bug, for many years, it's still there.

granted, but before we were able to get it with the larger radius of vacuum. Now we cannot. Id say we should be reporting all occasions of not being able to acquire loot stuck behind any object at any distance. Including those loot crates in void secret rooms that we can break but can't get to and used to collect through the wall.

3 minutes ago, gabriel31337 said:

The universal thing is great but the "reduced range" (NOT A NERF, obviusly) of the carrier is not.

It is exactly a Nerf: "In video gaming, a nerf is a change to a game that makes something less effective or desirable. The word can be used as a verb to describe that change. The opposite of nerf is buff or revamp."

An 88% reduction in effectiveness is precisely the definition of a nerf.

Just now, DarkOvion said:

It is exactly a Nerf: "In video gaming, a nerf is a change to a game that makes something less effective or desirable. The word can be used as a verb to describe that change. The opposite of nerf is buff or revamp."

An 88% reduction in effectiveness is precisely the definition of a nerf.

But its not less effective. it simply covers less distance. Its just as effective within that 6m range. It is an alteration. the distance was nerfed, not the effectiveness.

3 minutes ago, Babellon said:

But its not less effective. it simply covers less distance. Its just as effective within that 6m range. It is an alteration. the distance was nerfed, not the effectiveness.

Now you are really riding a dead horse, time to dismount... ;o)

Edited by radastir

Just now, Babellon said:

Oh so, when it's function is to collect things in an area, having that effective area cut down by 88% isn't a reduction in effectiveness!

Well damn, you've revolutionised everything.

The floor of your house supports things, your desk holds things up, etc.

But reducing its area doesn't reduce its effectiveness!

We'll just take away 88% of your floor (you're fine with the 1-2M square for all your stuff right, it's just as effective after all).

And without 88% of your desk, think how much cheaper it will be.
I mean, it'll only be about the size of an A4 sheet of paper, but it's not been reduced in effectiveness because it still holds stuff right!

1 minute ago, DarkOvion said:

Oh so, when it's function is to collect things in an area, having that effective area cut down by 88% isn't a reduction in effectiveness!

Well damn, you've revolutionised everything.

The floor of your house supports things, your desk holds things up, etc.

But reducing its area doesn't reduce its effectiveness!

We'll just take away 88% of your floor (you're fine with the 1-2M square for all your stuff right, it's just as effective after all).

And without 88% of your desk, think how much cheaper it will be.
I mean, it'll only be about the size of an A4 sheet of paper, but it's not been reduced in effectiveness because it still holds stuff right!

well, no, its not less effective. that table still holds something, simply not in the same volume. an inch is just as effective as a foot, but trying to make an inch do what a foot can is not going to have the results you want. yes, the new universal pickup isn't going to do anything outside of its range. within its range it does exactly what it's supposed to. All I'm getting at. a sniper rifle is very effective at hitting a target at long range. A hand grenade how ever would be less effective at that same task. How ever a grenade is great at devestating a localized area, a sniper rifle is completely ineffective at that task. 

19 minutes ago, Babellon said:

well, no, its not less effective. that table still holds something, simply not in the same volume. an inch is just as effective as a foot, but trying to make an inch do what a foot can is not going to have the results you want. yes, the new universal pickup isn't going to do anything outside of its range. within its range it does exactly what it's supposed to. All I'm getting at. a sniper rifle is very effective at hitting a target at long range. A hand grenade how ever would be less effective at that same task. How ever a grenade is great at devestating a localized area, a sniper rifle is completely ineffective at that task. 

So, you're actually trying to say that your exact desk / table right now, that's purpose is to hold up your computer/monitor/laptop, would be just as effective at that task if it was 88% smaller.

I think you're trolling at this point.

That or legitimately don't know how math, physics or engineering work.

1 minute ago, DarkOvion said:

So, you're actually trying to say that your exact desk / table right now, that's purpose is to hold up your computer/monitor/laptop, would be just as effective at that task if it was 88% smaller.

I think you're trolling at this point.

That or legitimately don't know how math, physics or engineering work.

no, I wouldn't try to use somehting that wasn't designed to do the task for that task. 

you're in luck though, redtext update incoming new precept mod about to be put into play 12m range on all sentinels

now we're both happy.

Edited by Babellon