Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix 1

[DE]Rebecca

12 minutes ago, SpaceBad said:

Vacuum thing is 6m diameter rather than radius. Someone dun goofed when plugging the numbers in, simple as that.

Regarding pets... how about attach a vacuum feature to their collars (and whatever for kavats), with the kavasa prime collar getting some improved range? 

Wait what? So it's still 12 meters then?

Excellent, I just built a Dethcube yesterday. :)

Edit: Oh wait, you mean someone thought they were inputting radius when it was really diameter, and now...bah.

Edited by abstractwhiz

15 minutes ago, SpaceBad said:

Vacuum thing is 6m diameter rather than radius. Someone dun goofed when plugging the numbers in, simple as that.

Regarding pets... how about attach a vacuum feature to their collars (and whatever for kavats), with the kavasa prime collar getting some improved range? 

Wow...that makes it even worse. If this is the case, then the universal vacuum for Sentinels is actually a 3m pickup range (which is worthless) XD

Is there a bundle for the new resource decorations? Because buying one by one is too much trouble :P

And we really need a proper platform to place all these decorations, something like, a table? Just a brainwave here :P

Edited by prot0mega

I'm not seeing a mod to increase vacuum range. Wasn't there mention of three new mods or something to effect the new innate vacuum?

I have no desire to use any other companion. Each is essentially the same as the next, vacuum was the only useful precept and you've nerfed it. Keep at 6m or whatever but give me a mod for ALL companions to increase the range.

People are complaining about vacuum too much, you guys just want everything handed to you on a silver platter? we all know everyone just tries to blitz to the end of every mission as fast as possible, if you want to call that playing.  People that are willing to take the time to explore to find additional loot deserve more loot, not being rewarded for being lazy, may as well remove 90% of the map and make every mission a straight corridor.

i appreciate the update

1 minute ago, Scorntorrent said:

People are complaining about vacuum too much, you guys just want everything handed to you on a silver platter? we all know everyone just tries to blitz to the end of every mission as fast as possible, if you want to call that playing.  People that are willing to take the time to explore to find additional loot deserve more loot, not being rewarded for being lazy, may as well remove 90% of the map and make every mission a straight corridor.

i appreciate the update

Lets just hope that single straight corridor isn't ridden with bugs too!

Vacuum is 6m, that wasn't a typo people. That thread someone is posting about it really being 12 meters on steam is false. There are no extra mods, the idea was scrapped in favor of universal 6m vacuum on all sentinels. 

I reiterate what I said before, that 6m universal is great. I finally can use other sentinels and still get the convenience of picking up loot around me without clicking. Peoples biggest complaint is having to walk a few more pixel meters to do so. In the grander scheme of the game its excellent. DE I am again encouraging you to hold to it, please don't revert it like with fissures..It doesn't need to be 12 meters. It doesnt need to be 10 meters. Of cours, you're the Dev's so do what you think is best, but that's I think the key pont I've been making for a week now, do what YOU think is best, not simply what players demand. 

Love the change. Like the new skins. Look forward to whats coming soon. 

If you have complaints about moderation or how you have been moderated, then PM a moderator or admin (such as [DE]Rebecca or [DE]Danielle) respectfully and constructively and they will see what they can do.

Publicly posting about moderation is against the forum rules and posts about it will be removed. Along with any other posts that break the forum code of conduct. 

"6) COMPLAINTS – If you have a complaint about a user, report the issue, do not post about it on the Forums (this is considered Naming and Shaming); if you have a complaint about how your behaviour on the forums has been moderated, send the Admins/Mods a private message. We will do what we can to sort out any issues. Hostile messages received regarding Community Moderator or Admin actions will not be tolerated and may be subject to warning."

2 minutes ago, Scorntorrent said:

People that are willing to take the time to explore to find additional loot deserve more loot, not being rewarded for being lazy, may as well remove 90% of the map and make every mission a straight corridor.

The hyperbole, my god. There's a difference to exploring, and having a fiddly system of steering just right over some tiny scrap on the floor, time wasted you could spend exploring more and fighting more and moving more. Do you have any concept of ironing out the kinks, smoothing out the rough patches, streamlining the experience and improving the long term quality of life in gameplay? Vacuum was about removing obstacles to enjoying the gameplay, not about making things easier.

Again, I want to repeat, this isn't about catering to laziness or making things easy, because vacuum doesn't affect gameplay "balance" (and again, this isn't even a competitive game to begin with so wouldn't be an issue).

2 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

The hyperbole, my god. There's a difference to exploring, and having a fiddly system of steering just right over some tiny scrap on the floor, time wasted you could spend exploring more and fighting more and moving more. Do you have any concept of ironing out the kinks, smoothing out the rough patches, streamlining the experience and improving the long term quality of life in gameplay? Vacuum was about removing obstacles to enjoying the gameplay, not about making things easier.

Again, I want to repeat, this isn't about catering to laziness or making things easy, because vacuum doesn't affect gameplay "balance" (and again, this isn't even a competitive game to begin with so wouldn't be an issue).

Wut's the range on the vacuum on archwing? It's hardly 12 meters I think...so yeah...Why didn't we complain about the vacuum in archwing, in the past?

Edited by WingGun

Just now, WingGun said:

Wut's the range on the vacuum on archwing? It's hardly 12 meters I think...so yeah...Why didn't we complain about the vacuum in archwing in the past?

Because Archwing was a failed system from the start, it didn't matter that much then and even less now.

Still no fix for:

1.Heavy blade front finisher deals extremely low damage: (even Galatine P deals a lot less melee finisher damage than other weapons)
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/693194-why-does-galatine-p-deal-poor-finisher-damage/

2.Hysterical Assault falls off the map:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/695422-hysterical-assault-falls-off-the-map/

3.Blade Storm losing melee combo on all robotic and machinery type enemies
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/664725-blade-storm-losing-melee-combo-on-all-robotic-and-machinery-type-enemies/

4.Fatal teleport bug:
 -If the targeted enemy is moving fast enough (such as a running Charger), the finisher will fail.
 -Some melee classes may fail to trigger Finishers on the target. This is currently present with the Nikana series.
 -Teleporting while sliding will fail to trigger a finisher on the target.

5.When using overlay map, the player indicator is no longer at the top layer, it's on the bottom. It can be covered by enemies, allies, loots and interception towers... simply everything.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/691744-overlay-map-bug

6.Most primary guns and polearm weapons are still misplaced while holstered.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/699889-why-does-ash-primes-weapon-holstering-never-get-fixed/
(The worst case is Ash Prime: most primary, secondary and melee weapons are still misplaced. They still use normal Ash's holstering positions, so most of them are stuck in Ash Prime's armor.)

7.Sobek's Acid Shells effect bug:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/687402-arid-shell-sobek-missing-physx-effect/

8.Aura stops working after access the arsenal in the Simulacrum:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/700315-aura-stops-working-after-access-the-arsenal-in-the-simulacrum/

9.Consuming energy orbs even at full energy:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/700300-consuming-energy-orbs-even-at-full-energy/

10.Enemy proc through our status immunity abilities:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/700485-enemy-proc-through-our-status-immunity-abilities/

Others:

*Can you revert solo play countdown to 5 seconds please? There is no need to wait for more since I select solo.

*The invulnerable duration for enemies being corrupted by Void Fissures:
This is still very annoying, especially if you are using Tigris, sniper or something like that. Just make it instant or remove the invulnerability please.

1 minute ago, WingGun said:

Wut's the range on the vacuum on archwing? It's hardly 12 meters I think...so yeah...Why didn't we complain about the vacuum in archwing in the past?

Actually I will complain as well about the archwing vacuum, it should be vastly improved, because in space the areas are even larger, and the movement even floatier, so it's more easy to miss steering towards loot. That needs improving, like much else regarding archwings.

35 minutes ago, SpaceBad said:

yes