Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix 1

[DE]Rebecca

before we "hate" the 6m range   we should compare it to the range a normal Warframe (without Sentinel) would have.

Does anyone know the pick-up range of a Warframe with no sentinel or (let's say) a Kubrow as companion ??

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

Yeah, 6m is just... nothing. Now you practically have to stand on top of stuff for the sentinel to pick the stuff up, it's already floating around 2-3m off the ground. I really can't see how DE actually tried it out ingame and found it useful. But I guess that goes for a ton of their "updates" recently. They really need to actually fix this, if I have to run around and pick up every single resource, I'm just not gonna bother playing the game anymore.

6 minutes ago, Vicious_Vipa said:

before we "hate" the 6m range   we should compare it to the range a normal Warframe (without Sentinel) would have.

Does anyone know the pick-up range of a Warframe with no sentinel or (let's say) a Kubrow as companion ??

It's more or less 3m for most things, less for reactant. The difference baseline pickup range is tiny. The difference between old vacuum and current is huge. 

Well. im one of those players that have played for so long with Carrier as i main companion that i got pretty much enough to build everything twice if i wanted to.

Still...they dropped the ball. they destroyed the powerfull vacuum carrier has and then gave every sentinel a tiny usb vacuum instead. due to the whole radius the halving of it cuts down the covered surface by more than half. Now other sentinels may have some more use, but i feel sorry for all those who have to run spastically through the room to collect stuff wether they are using a sentinel or not.

This falls in the category of failed of changes for me. i'm sure the current archwing will be happy with some company.

Edited by nighter3d
typo

Well, only really noticed just now, picked up a copy of Ammo Case while leveling a brand new Diriga. I think change is nice, don't want game to have a static go-to. Trying to adapt is half the fun. 

Having Animal Instinct loot radar I find it rather hard to miss priority pickups anyway.

Also, DE would have our game data and could make decisions based off of those, and not our run-of-the-mill complaints. 

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water (as my servant used to say). Leave if you don't like it. Be disappointed like all of us are at some point in our lives. I think I'll have a tantram in the aisles of my local supermarket, maybe lay on the floor and refuse to move until they give me free beer.... just before they cart me off to the nearest asylum.

It's just a game to us. A very good game and thanks DE, despite the setbacks.

You should consider giving innate Vacuum to companions (Kubrows and Kavats) too.

Also, considering the fact that Carrier Prime is the most durable sentinel, I'm afraid a large portion of players will still stick with it.

Edited by Marvelous_A

pls hear me out!

My PC crashed many times AFTER i log into the game.. Nothing happens if i dont login and TRY to claim my login-reward..

AFTER your great content update, i sadly wasnt able to check it out at the first login (3 min ago).. Warframe just crashed my Graphic Drivers and shutted down my PC..

Im glad that you release stuff .. BUT it is truly a pain for me to receive a crash every day (on the first login)

At first when I saw that they're not splitting vacuum, I thought "wow, they're gonna back down on a really bad and hateful decision, now that's nice!".

But of course there had to be a catch. For some reason DE is absolutely adamant about not giving us direct improvements of our quality of life, or coming up with ways to ruin what we have while reworking it. /sadface

29 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

You should consider giving innate Vacuum to companions (Kubrows and Kavats) too.

Also, considering the fact that Carrier Prime is the most durable sentinel, I'm afraid a large portion of players will still stick with it.

That's actually fine though. If anywhere between 15% and 79% of people are sticking with Carrier because its replacement precept is decent and its stats are good, the change has straight up worked, Carrier is no longer obligatory but hasn't been made useless.

For me this has brought Carrier down to being roughly even with Diriga in terms of usefulness, which is good. If Wyrm, Dethcube, and Djinn were to be buffed to be on the same level as Diriga (They were initially quite good but times have moved on. Much like the pre-Valkyr warframes they just need a buff to catch up on all the power creep the game has suffered over the years), that wouldn't be ridiculous. If they were buffed to be on the same level as Carrier though it would be ridiculous.

Edited by lodoubt

You really need to fix the maps and underwater missions on Uranus....

Or here's and idea... 

Create a story around the devastating black hole (vacuum) that formed in the middle of the planet causing all of the mission glitches, and finally consumed the planet!

Must be where Carriers vacuum went....

Edited by Dethgrip