Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Universal Vacuum Feedback

Racter

7 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

Yeah you go "over it there" but you were wrong in that thread and you are wrong here. You tried to look at 1 tenno killing everything in a straight  line. and never leaving the ground. Sure that's fine, but we don't play that way. We use Ember, whose WOF is much bigger than 6m. We use Equinox with maim, we use Sound quake banshee. We play with 3 other tenno that are not in a straight line in front of us.

You aslo seemed to forget that the sentinel (above and behind the tenno) is the center of the sphere, reducing the range on the ground level even further. The volume has been reduced by 7/8. The plane circle only exists 1m+ off the ground. and its area was reduced by 3/4.

Dude, no.  The tenno isn't killing things in a straight line.  The tenno is moving.  That changes his sphere of collection into a cylinder.  That's why it isn't 12% of the previous vacuum.  

Leaving the ground isn't that big a deal unless the tenno goes over 15' above the deck.  Sure it happens, but how many drops are left?

Yes, WoF is bigger.  Some abilities are.  I never said that the new vacuum was just as good as the old vacuum.

You seem to ignore that drops aren't distributed like the air.  Drops aren't uniform.  The greater concentration of drops will follow the path of the tenno because that's where the destruction is originated.  As the distance from the tenno increases, the drops decrease.

9 minutes ago, Aerensiniac said:

The direct conclusion of your logic is that having a 0.01m vacuum on everything would be even better, and it makes vacuum the best thing ever.

Nope.  Now you are just being stupid.  A 0.01m vacuum would be even less than what the player has now and wouldn't even be vacuum.

I have no problem discussing things with people that disagree with me, but you are arguing simply for arguments sake and that little nugget of idiocy has earned you a spot on the ignore list.

Because logic.

4 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Nope.  Now you are just being stupid.  A 0.01m vacuum would be even less than what the player has now and wouldn't even be vacuum.

I have no problem discussing things with people that disagree with me, but you are arguing simply for arguments sake and that little nugget of idiocy has earned you a spot on the ignore list.

Because logic.

If you have no problem discussing things with people who disagree with you then why do you have such a hard time agreeing to the fact that vacuum has been nerfed by 50%, heavily impacting its practicality FOR NO REASON i might add, while the original request for balance, thus making vacuum universal has been ignored and instead rejected for the sake of having imbalance.

In fact, why are you trying to pose as rational when all you did up till now was mockery?

10 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Uh, yes.  Do you really not understand?

Looks like you dont understand:

d27l1Cg.png

It leaves no trail of vacuum, there is no "cilinder" lol

This "logic" of yours would only work if the game was frozen in time.

Edited by CarameIIo

Just now, notlamprey said:

I want people to try and stay level-headed about this, because getting heated and insulting each other would give DE an excuse to dismiss our feedback.

Let's all accept that we're equally ignorant, and get back to providing real feedback.

Even if you are level headed about it:

There is hardly any conclusion other than the fact that we are being screwed with for no apparent reason.

Even with the best of intentions i can say this much: The player base proposed actual balance this time. Making something unbalanced to the point 90% of the ppl found it mandatory, universal and balanced. A petty qol feature none the less. DE then refuses to go through with making it universal to frames and nerfs it by 50% without an explanation as to how we are supposed to make sense of something akin to a brain dead decision.

5 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Dude, no.  The tenno isn't killing things in a straight line.  The tenno is moving.  That changes his sphere of collection into a cylinder.  That's why it isn't 12% of the previous vacuum.  

Leaving the ground isn't that big a deal unless the tenno goes over 15' above the deck.  Sure it happens, but how many drops are left?

Yes, WoF is bigger.  Some abilities are.  I never said that the new vacuum was just as good as the old vacuum.

You seem to ignore that drops aren't distributed like the air.  Drops aren't uniform.  The greater concentration of drops will follow the path of the tenno because that's where the destruction is originated.  As the distance from the tenno increases, the drops decrease.

"still being able to get most of the drops" does not increase the area that is affected by universal Vacuum. It won't suck in those "few" drops outside of that 6m range.

Vacuum's sphere has been reduced to 12% of its original size. Now, it might not be 88% less effective (according to you, anyway), but claiming the range has not been reduced as much as mathematically proven, because you can still get most of the drops on your way, is just silly.

You spoke, we listened:

2 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Dearest Tenno,

It’s been 3 years of Carrier dominating the Vacuum business, and only recently we've even started a dialog on a topic you've brought up frequently. Experiments (such as The Vacuum Within) typically have 2 sides- you either fail or you succeed. Our previous idea to have universal Vacuum be a 3 Mod makeup was proposed on Devstream #80, to which we then scrapped after acknowledging the copious amounts of “please don’t do that” feedback.

From that, our new idea was to have Vacuum built into every Sentinel with a reduced range. Upon reading the constructive feedback from our Community about The Vacuum Within, it was clear we needed to make some tweaks- and here we have experimental Mutation X! Vacuum is now an equippable Mod (Precept) for all Sentinels. We have also increased the range from 6m to 12m at max rank. All current Sentinel owners will receive this Mod instantly, as well as retroactively with every Sentinel crafted or purchased- much like other default Precepts.

With that being said, we appreciate those that kept the feedback valuable and refrained from death threats. We changed something precious to you, and we will continue to change where needed as we listen to the Community.

PC players can expect this today- stay tuned!!

Please move all Vacuum discussions to the Vacuum Experiments: Failure thread. Thank you!