Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum Experiments: Failure & Successes

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, EmptyDevil said:

Retrieve needs vast improvements...

Oh no doubt, but it would make more sense for the animals to have that instead of Vacuum.

When it used to work mostly properly, I'd let my Chesa run out and grab life support at ranges much larger than 12m. It was extremely useful, just slower than vacuum.

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

Oh no doubt, but it would make more sense for the animals to have that instead of Vacuum.

When it used to work mostly properly, I'd let my Chesa run out and grab life support at ranges much larger than 12m. It was extremely useful, just slower than vacuum.

Would be kinda cool to have a vacuuming kubrow that has retrieve, that would basically be like a sweeper of the map, might actually make the Chesa fill that retriever role. Dunno, too powerful? For 2 mod cost? Meh whatever so much in flux right now.

I'd rather have vaccuum as: 

Every Warframe has a Vacuum of 0.2 meters per Mastery Level. 20 MR = 4 meters. 

Every Pet has a Vacuum of 0.2 meters per Mastery Level. 20 MR = 4 meters.

Sentinel has a Vacuum extension for the Warframe of 0.4 meters per Mastery Level. 20 MR = +8 meters for the Warframe's Vacuum.

at MR20 player reaches breakeven with current system. 

Even without a sentinel MR plays a role to scale up gatherability.

Great changes guys! I think this will please a lot of people :D Also, it would be a nice idea to increase the survivability of Sentinels since we can't revive them as our animal companions :( (it would be awesome if we could)

1 minute ago, -TP-BrazilianJoe said:

I'd rather have vaccuum as: 

Every Warframe has a Vacuum of 0.2 meters per Mastery Level. 20 MR = 4 meters. 

Every Pet has a Vacuum of 0.2 meters per Mastery Level. 20 MR = 4 meters.

Sentinel has a Vacuum extension for the Warframe of 0.4 meters per Mastery Level. 20 MR = +8 meters for the Warframe's Vacuum.

at MR20 player reaches breakeven with current system. 

Even without a sentinel MR plays a role to scale up gatherability.

Wow that's actually a very interesting idea!

13 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Dearest Tenno,

It’s been 3 years of Carrier dominating the Vacuum business, and only recently we've even started a dialog on a topic you've brought up frequently. Experiments (such as The Vacuum Within) typically have 2 sides- you either fail or you succeed. Our previous idea to have universal Vacuum be a 3 Mod makeup was proposed on Devstream #80, to which we then scrapped after acknowledging the copious amounts of “please don’t do that” feedback.

From that, our new idea was to have Vacuum built into every Sentinel with a reduced range. Upon reading the constructive feedback from our Community about The Vacuum Within, it was clear we needed to make some tweaks- and here we have experimental Mutation X! Vacuum is now an equippable Mod (Precept) for all Sentinels. We have also increased the range from 6m to 12m at max rank. All current Sentinel owners will receive this Mod instantly, as well as retroactively with every Sentinel crafted or purchased- much like other default Precepts.

With that being said, we appreciate those that kept the feedback valuable and refrained from death threats. We changed something precious to you, and we will continue to change where needed as we listen to the Community.

PC players can expect this today- stay tuned!!

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

Wow that's actually a very interesting idea!

I think that's a terrible idea meant to only benefit those who are at MR20 or above. That would still make it a nerf. What DE is doing now is fine. Let's leave it at that.

6 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Well its clear, enough community vitiriol enacts change. Fix endo conversion on the starmap? Please?

Also is the 6m vacuum still innate? I was enjoying the extra modslot.

Vitriol does not enact change. The constructive feedback was what pulled us to make this change. The Vacuum Within was an experiment (as mentioned above) and it doesn't always result in a favorable manner. Together we positively move forward and continue to make Warframe bigger and better!

I... I... do not know what to say... Thank you? Good job?

Hmmmm.... I guess this will do:

Thank you VERY much for making Vacuum a universal precept while not nerfing* the range. Thank you very very much.

Spoiler

*(I think people would've been fine with 9-10 meters, I know I would've been)

Just now, [DE]Megan said:

Vitriol does not enact change. The constructive feedback was what pulled us to make this change. The Vacuum Within was an experiment (as mentioned above) and it doesn't always result in a favorable manner. Together we positively move forward and continue to make Warframe bigger and better!

now just make sentinels immortal and remove defense mods to make space.