Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum Experiments: Failure & Successes

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

I've never seen things change this fast, nor have I seen such a widespread opposition to something DE's implemented.

Trust me, I have. This quick, dramatic change isn't as unique as many people think. This is just further proof that DE is watching and gauging feedback and usage. They are listening. And that's a good thing.

Went online, grabbed a Nitain, had one of the most clunky game feels ever in Warframe checked the state of Vacuum (which i pretty much missed) got annoyed closed the game.

Not even 4 hours later it is all resolved.... why am i suddenly crying......

13 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Vitriol does not enact change. The constructive feedback was what pulled us to make this change. The Vacuum Within was an experiment (as mentioned above) and it doesn't always result in a favorable manner. Together we positively move forward and continue to make Warframe bigger and better!

Come on, less that one day gave you enough "constructive feedback" to have you change it by the end of the next day?

Come on.

People know what to do when they want something change. You need to stop doing this cause people are going to continue to use this.

19 minutes ago, SpaceSheepie said:

Thank you so much. You've restored my faith almost instantly with your response to this. Thank you, thank you, thank you. <3 <3 <3

Indeed, that was a very fast response. Big props to DE for not only listening, but acting quickly.

15 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Vitriol does not enact change. The constructive feedback was what pulled us to make this change. The Vacuum Within was an experiment (as mentioned above) and it doesn't always result in a favorable manner. Together we positively move forward and continue to make Warframe bigger and better!

Plus, it helps that there was a lot of said feedback, lol. In any case, WE DID IT!!!

https://codymusgrove.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/anchorman-jump.gif

1 minute ago, -IEF-Rei said:

and then DE listen to us for making it universal for warframes not sentinels
by using an eximus slot to use vacuum on warframe

haha i'm gonna get a lot of hate

actually.... am sure many of us (like me) were thinking of that but then....why not passive?

]\'[

7 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Guess anything is constructive feedback now? Even misused numbers and tears?

It really just depends on how it's phrased. Trying to dazzle the less knowledgeable users with, "but in reality the volume of the sphere is THIS MUCH less," was one of the worst things I've ever seen-- a blatant attempt to push a narrative.

The problem, this time around, is that nobody asked for Vacuum to be nerfed. Not even me and I'm someone who thinks that Vacuum is entirely unnecessary.

13 minutes ago, TacitCensure said:

You guys just don't get it, do you? Sentinels have nothing to do with vacuum. Everyone that's hooting and hollering and blindly accepting everything that's happening needs to stop.

1. Once again, you've neglected kubrows/kavats. I personally don't care for them that much, but this much is obvious.

2. We have to depend on sentinels still for this very simple, basic quality of life improvement that was mistakenly on carrier for longer than it should have been. Now everyone is convinced that it must absolutely positively have something to do with companions. Well let me just put it this way: When your sentinel dies, so does vacuum. Does that solve the problem? No, it does not. 80% of the community doesn't use carrier because carrier looks cool-- its the mod that was tied to carrier that made playing the game more enjoyable for 80% of people, vacuum.

3. "Vacuum" shouldn't even be a passive on sentinels or companions. Vacuum should never have even been considered a mod, let alone 3 separate ones. Vacuum should just be a simple thing that happens that is tied to our warframes. Now, once again, we are not allowed to play without sentinels if we want this quality of life improvement. It would be very simple to please the not 80% of people who never used carrier by making the vacuum passive on Warframes a toggle in our options menu. From there, for  those groups of people clearly in the minority, you can select what you do and do not want "vacuumed" to you. That's it. If picking up excess energy/health bothers them that much, come up with a system that stores excess energy and gives it back when they need it. I don't know, that's never been an issue or concern with me at any point in this game from when I first started playing to 1000+ hours later.

This never should've blown up the way it has. Such a simple problem had a very simple solution and yet, its clear that too many people are missing the bigger picture here. No one really cared about carrier, people cared about what carrier did. It picked stuff up. It made the game fun while everyone moved across the different tilesets at a fast pace. There is absolute no downside to allowing warframes to have this passive. This will remove the asinine discussions around it being a "mod" or a passive on just sentinels. And, with the ability to turn it on and off in options, everyone is happy.

I don't really disagree, but I'm taking this as a solid beginning point for the rest of our dialogue with DE on vacuum.

Right now, I'm considering that DE made the quickest significant change that they could, and further experiments will take more time. I think it's too early to say "they don't get it." They extended an olive branch. Let's not stomp on it.

It seems if there a community change there will have to be compromises. Which I agreed to if the compromise is just for both sides. The original compromise made by Scott of breaking up the mod into 3 separate mods was bad for the community. Same with the compromise mentioned by Steve of reducing the range to 5 meters(eventually 6) and not having it as a mod. But with this compromise I think it's great for both sides. We had to lost something in order to earn universal vacuum for all sentinels. Which I feel is some procedure DE needs to do in order to implement a change. Is this the best? No, I would had like to see universal vacuum on the warframe with a toggle in option for people who don't want it. But it is a step in the right direction, and just in time for Prime Time too.

2 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Come on, less that one day gave you enough "constructive feedback" to have you change it by the end of the next day?

Yes. Also remember DE is likely looking at the usage data on how many people used what sentinels and configurations during that time to decide as well. It isn't just a knee-jerk, uniformed choice.

13 minutes ago, MokutoBunshi said:

...okay that may just be your opinion dude...

]\'[

why not? people will keep suiciding to get the sentinel back, the thing that allways kills them are aoe atacks. why not make them immortal? you have 8 mod slots, you equip all 4 defense mods, regen, guardian, atack mod and the sentinel hability, you just have 2 open slots left. make them immortal and you can get rid of 5 mods. i dont see a reason not to do this.

I still think just making it a default passive thing, and giving a menu option to toggle health, energy, and life support pickups would be the absolute best solution, and actually open up the game to using more different companions, but I can't complain right now. At least I can have fun again, even if I still have no reason to ever equip a kubrow or kavat beyond mastery.

32 minutes ago, TacitCensure said:

snip

21 minutes ago, -IEF-Rei said:

snip #2

Speaking as someone who is all for making Vacuum a Warframe thing and not a companion thing... this works for now, no need to push it. Yes this is a compromise, but more importantly, it is a compromise that is going to work (unlike the last two attempts). Vacuum is available to all Sentinels, it retains it's original effectiveness, and it seems to follow the outline that DE was aiming for. I know space-dogs and space-cats are still left out, but obviously the plan was never to include them in the first place, or else they would have been involved by now on attempt #3.

17 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

I don't really disagree, but I'm taking this as a solid beginning point for the rest of our dialogue with DE on vacuum.

Right now, I'm considering that DE made the quickest significant change that they could, and further experiments will take more time. I think it's too early to say "they don't get it." They extended an olive branch. Let's not stomp on it.

Also, this ^^^

Edited by Silvus-Sol

7 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

It really just depends on how it's phrased. Trying to dazzle the less knowledgeable users with, "but in reality the volume of the sphere is THIS MUCH less," was one of the worst things I've ever seen-- a blatant attempt to push a narrative.

The problem, this time around, is that nobody asked for Vacuum to be nerfed. Not even me and I'm someone who thinks that Vacuum is entirely unnecessary.

It's not that it was asked, because "asking" isn't a good argument to start with. The overall change was good despite the increase, which honestly wasn't that bad, now instead to get what initially was a basic function, you either lose on stuff or lose on utility, which some Sentinels are already losing on because of the amount of precepts that they need to not to die right away. Rather, 6 meters was okay, mod should only add 6 more meters, not being obligatory to lose a slot to get 4~12 meters. Modding sentinels is only getting worse, when we should be avoiding more mandatory mods.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

I appreciate this action.

However if you have actually read the posts of your player base regarding the pick up radius you would have seen that majority is requesting that the default naked warframe pick up radius to be changed to 12 meters That would allow players to equip any sentinel or pet or play without any at all. Also since you are changing pick up radius why isn't Archwing pickup radius addressed as well? Currently Archwing pickup radius is so small that it makes no sense.

1 minute ago, JeyciKon said:

make them immortal and you can get rid of 5 mods. i dont see a reason not to do this.

I am totally fine with just have a gear consumable that revives the thing. Honestly that is more than enough. Some buffs to other sentinals would be nice, but with a consumable that isn't necessary.

Next up, can we have a gear item that revives sentinals? Pwetty pwease?

2 minutes ago, Jeahanne said:

Yes. Also remember DE is likely looking at the usage data on how many people used what sentinels and configurations during that time to decide as well. It isn't just a knee-jerk, uniformed choice.

Sorry im not going to take this as an possible reason. Mainly because less than a half of day during the middle of the week is not really the best time to take this data as the best of the playing population.

Plus they also gave Carrier a new mod which im sure a lot of people were actually testing. So im sure a lot of people didnt move from Carrier to other Sentinels cause they were testing that mod. I was testing that mod with weapons that eat a lot of ammo.