Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix #2

Since I was one of the many that spoke vehemently against the initial value I would like to place upon this fix a message of gratitude. It took a few tries and an experiment to believe that people just really wanted the original range. From here we can still observe the true purpose of this change, whether this will change how prominent carrier is in player usage, and not have to deal with the controversial matter of how effective you allow it to be. Either way, good job on this fix, and I appreciate it being so punctual. 

YES. YES YES YES.
And now, give Companions/Sentinels an Exilus slot, and you'll have enough cash from the sales of Tomatoes that you could Scrooge McDuck dive into it.

(The money/plat. You probably wouldn't wanna swim around in Exilus Adaptors, anyway.)

Edited by VocalMagic
1 hour ago, -TP-BrazilianJoe said:

I'd rather have vaccuum as: 

Every Warframe has a Vacuum of 0.2 meters per Mastery Level. 20 MR = 4 meters. 

Every Pet has a Vacuum of 0.2 meters per Mastery Level. 20 MR = 4 meters.

Sentinel has a Vacuum extension for the Warframe of 0.4 meters per Mastery Level. 20 MR = +8 meters for the Warframe's Vacuum.

at MR20 player reaches breakeven with current system. 

Even without a sentinel MR plays a role to scale up gatherability.

Sorry, but I just don't feel that would be fair. I've invited quite a few friends to this game and they don't play often so they're still MR5 or under. 

Really cool, DE. It's because of things like this I keep playing this game after three and a half years.

We keep the quality of life we have always appreciated and are used to from Vacuum, we get to enjoy all our Sentinels without losing that, we got a very nice new precept for Carrier, and for people who wish to use Sentinels without vacuum, the option is there. Excellent work.

Now all we need is a way to revive/resupply Sentinels and they'll be perfect. I suggest either a craftable gear, or a landing craft Air Support: Sentinel Pod - reactivates lost Sentinels, each deployed pod usable once per squad member.

1 hour ago, Andrew7811 said:

When is the next sortie season? It's been 6 weeks and I want more goodies.

Especially considering this season was total trash because the weapon was JUST in an event aswell as being featured some time ago.. currently have 3 Twin Wraith Vipers.

18 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I was kind of thinking they could make chesa into a 'healer' kubrow, they have a shield regen kubrow (raksa with protect precept) but nothing for healing, not even a mod like sentinels.

Huh. That's a good idea i suppose. There is no mod or healer when it comes to kavats/kubrows. But i use health restores and med towers so health is hardly an issuse for me. But it will be effective if they did that. But right now thry need their main focus on the sentinels. Once they achieve their goal with the whole vacuum bit on sentinels. THEN they will work on the kavats/kubrows. At least thats what i believe when they say that they aren't "off the table"

This is a step in the right direction, but why go from a Carrier-only Precept mod, to an innate ability for all Sentinels (with horrible range), then back to a mod for all Sentinels with the original range?

You know how you guys were talking about trying to patch and fix things so there wouldn't be as many "necessary" mods as there are for builds?  Well the only thing out of this mess is that you've made another one.  People can go "ooo ur lazy, just pick up the items xD" all they want, Vacuum is a pure Quality-of-Life buff, and innate Vacuum for every Sentinel (would've preferred all Companions or Warframes) was a good decision, although that range nerf certainly wasn't.  Plus, I don't know about everyone else, but I find more enjoyment out of shooting things, than having to pace back and forth a hallway to pick up things like a janitor or somebody that's dropped a jar full of change.

Shoot, despite what they say, even your in-game Community Mods think the same way, if their stats are anything to go by.

http://imgur.com/a/MYd5q

I think you should maybe stop messing around with little crap like this and finish the update you've been delaying for over 5 months now. Wouldn't it be nice if your game stopped hemhorraging players? Well it would sure be great to have something new to do, after such an unreasonably long wait. Even Tactical potato is considering quitting. At this rate, by the time you get it live, you will have no community left.

I don't really understand the need to revert this to a mod rather than a passive with 12m.

Imo the passive was much better and was able to free a mod-slot for better utility. I can't really grasp why people wouldn't want the vacuum as a passive, it could only be a benefit. 

So, I'm not mad at these updates. I like the idea of getting use out of more companions than just carrier. However, here are my problems with the updates so far:

• Carrier Prime is still the only sentinel that can really take a hit, making it still the go to sentinel (at least for me)
  • So far there still isn't much reason to go for kubrow/kavat over sentinels. Most people seem to prefer having the vacuum than having the support of a kubrow/kavat.

There are 10 slots for sentinels now. My mod setup for each one

1. Vacuum, 2. Calculated redirection, 3. Sentinel ability precept, 4. Enhanced vitality, 5. Guardian, 6. Regen, 7. Sanctuary, 8. Animal instinct, 9. Fired up, 10. Sentinel attack precept.

All i will ever need for my sentinels now. Dont take my setup away. Tho if you do i can't blame ya'll. I can always go back to picking up loot by hand as i did before this whole update.