Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix #2

since I can see where this is going...and interestingly I agree...DE can we just make it a universal Pickup. 10m range. no mod, no aura, no specific item or pet needed, just universal pickup in 10m around the player.

everyone gets the mod slot free. 

Goddamn DE can you not just make it on the warframes. Remove the passives thats already there half don't actually help anyway.

Or better yet make it so if anyone in a group picks up the loot the whole group get it.

Or even better maybe if I murder a thousand grineer and hollow out a ship I can just everything I knocked out of them no matter how many pits it all fell down, after the years I'm so tired of bothering to grab neurodes and junk, and you made the rarer stuff smaller and harder to spot, and theres special loot you need to press a button to grab because arbitrary reasons.

Why do you have to make the game more and more boring? 

Honestly, this could work, ONLY IF every 'Warframe had an innate 2m-2.5m pickup range.

Actually, what's the freaking point?  It's still a worthless slot tax.  It was a slot tax when Carrier was released, it'll be a slot tax when the day is done.  There is no value to this being a mod.

This precept has ALWAYS been a band-aid fix for playstyle mismatches, that is to say the disparity between stationary playstyles and mobile playstyles.  The game never required this in the first place, and it's existence is going to guarantee it's own relevance (even straight superiority) in comparison to not utilizing the mod.  The mod doesn't mesh playstyles, but it is QoL from hell.  It eats a mod slot for something you HAVE to sacrifice another mod for, and you HAVE to do this because QoL.  If we simply improve the pickup range FOR EVERYTHING to the aforementioned 2m-2.5m we can bypass ~90% of the need for this mod to exist.

Please note, the fetch Kubrow wouldn't be affected by this change at ALL, making it's ability both more unique and slightly more charming.

Actually, wouldn't the whole system be improved if everyone in the party (minus the people affected by the afk timer anyway) get the drops instantly whenever an enemy dies? Seems like a more streamlined way of going about it, and it wouldn't really affect any of the scavenger hunt items in the game. The only downside I can think of here is that Mag would need a new pull augment.

Glad to hear that it was put back to 12 meters. This is a step in the right direction. Now all that needs to happen to make it perfect is enabling dogs & cats to use it. As it stands, the convenience of vacuum far outweighs anything kavats & kubrows are doing. 

Solution process:

-Suggests 1 becomes 3.

-Makes Vacuum a Sentinel passive with base_math 1/2 range, which didn't look that way in the 3rd dimension.

-Tenno request original Vacuum be resurrected, but for all Sentinels.

-Carrier gets two mods, all Sentinels get a mod.

New solution for non-Sentinel Tenno:

-Warframes gain a 2m (to 3m if any pet is equipped, to 6m if Sentinels are equipped without Vacuum) pickup radius.

22 minutes ago, Babellon said:

since I can see where this is going...and interestingly I agree...DE can we just make it a universal Pickup. 10m range. no mod, no aura, no specific item or pet needed, just universal pickup in 10m around the player.

Or.... we scale it with Mastery Rank.

I personally liked the idea of the vacuum being passive and not wasting a mod slot, my only concern was the awful range. If we could make the vacuum passive but with 12 range on all sentinels. i'd like that more. Thanks DE

Its great that you guys made it back into a mod for all sentinels and bumped the range back to 12m. I would have prefered if it was moved to a warframe passive that you could turn on or off, at least in that sense you still wouldnt leave kubrows and kavats left out

2 hours ago, SPARTANXG117 said:

I honestly don't know what to make of this... yes, we get the original Vacuum back, but it's no longer innate and now requires a mod slot... not sure what to think of this at all...

So back to how it was when you had to mod in your sentinel abilities, so a day ago.

This was the option they should have gone with originally, it's not perfect, but at least carrier isn't unique in being able to do something almost nothing else can. I would expect the sentinel use to shift some now, but carrier will still likely be in the top 3 if not still #1. after all companion based ammo mutation is still better than whatever the djinn is supposed to do...

I'm not going to say it was a good decision, or a bad decision at all. Over the past few years, I've seen several knee-jerk reactions to things n the game from DE's perspective, or things being broken, to not used as intended. Such as Trinity, Mag, and Excals Line of Sight change thanks to Xini and Rep farming. Which were quickly reverted within.. Less then A day, if memory serves. G pull changes on E-gate, and the like.

It's pretty apparent that so far, DE have been looking at the functionality of Vacuum, and how useful it is to some players. To be able to get loot, without picking it up yourself, and to have a wider radius of it. Some players want it as an in-built Warframe passive. I don't mean to sound rude, but in the respect of the game's design. That's dumb. The functionality of it is entirely flawed in the regard of acquiring mods, and finding those drops! Which is where Carrier was made. To allow us to have an option, that let us collect the mods, and resources with little effort!

The long drawn out problem that created, was that this ease of collection was heavily favored by players, in lue of Kubrows, Kavats, and other sentinels, etc. This change however, now gives players the option to add in the functionality, to ALL of their sentinels, not making one " objectively better " overall. A few minor buffs to other sentinels HP, or shields might be needed to bring them into par with Carrier Primes survivability however. 

Myself personally, have been using Kavats since neair their release. One, for my bias of felines, and two, for their own longevity in elongated mission, the ability to revive them multiple times, and the nice buffs that they offer. The Adarza is my favorite one to use for the flat 40% increase for your whole squad, and I enjoy the supporting element of it.

You've made a lot of people happy today, DE. I'm sorry if the constant pressure of the vacuum change doesn't deter you from making the decisions that YOU guys want with your own game. If nullifiers were removed because of negative feedback, the game would be less fun. Never stop with the constant flurry of ideas that come form everyone working so hard.

36 minutes ago, Babellon said:

That's a good idea, and I agree with it. One thing I don't agree with is the death threats to developers making and working on something you all love and cherish so much. It's absolutely pathetic.