Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix #2

[DE]Megan

Gracias for Giving us that 12M back, I guess for to many going to 12m to 6 was to much of a difference. 

You heard our voices and fix the problem. Many have lots of opinions on how things are at the moment, but as for myself.

As an investor ,  I prefer quality over quantity. So just give me a Well done product. When its done its done.

To those complaining and crying about the update not soon enough.

No 1 is pointing a gun to ur head and if u don't like it, go build 1 urself and see how far u get.

It's not a mod, again? but I cant seem to locate it period?? Is it not patched into the game yet? I still like the idea of it being a passive in all sentinels. Personally, I believe it should be a passive 12m for all sentinels, and 24m for carrier. Cause...like it's name suggest, it should be able to loot more. This way they're all viable, but carrier should still take precedence as that's its unique quality. I look forward to see how this gets tweaked.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix #2

Changes

*Note from your Developers: It’s been 3 years of Carrier dominating the Vacuum business, and only recently we've even started a dialog on a topic you've brought up frequently. Experiments (such as The Vacuum Within) typically have 2 sides- you either fail or you succeed. Our previous idea to have universal Vacuum be a 3 Mod makeup was proposed on Devstream #80, to which we then scrapped after acknowledging the copious amounts of “please don’t do that” feedback.

From that, our new idea was to have Vacuum built into every Sentinel with a reduced range. Upon reading the constructive feedback from our Community about The Vacuum Within, it was clear we needed to make some tweaks- and here we have experimental Mutation X! Vacuum is now an equippable Mod (Precept) for all Sentinels. We have also increased the range from 6m to 12m at max rank. All current Sentinel owners will receive this Mod instantly, as well as retroactively with every Sentinel crafted or purchased- much like other default Precepts.

With that being said, we appreciate those that kept the feedback valuable and refrained from death threats. We changed something precious to you, and we will continue to change where needed as we listen to the Community.

• Changed the Mod image for Ammo Case to better reflect its role. 
  • Compacted large numbers for some ability notifications on the HUD (eg: Equinox’s Maim).

Fixes

• Fixed the Wukong Noggle missing his tail.
  • Fixed the Gazal Chest Plate not being centered on Hydroid.
  • Fixed the Halikar doing 10 throw damage. Increased base throw damage to 150.
  • Fixed Sentinels attacking enemies while you’re performing a stealth finisher. 
  • Fixed Oxium Ospreys suicide charging immediately.
  • Fixed being able to place decorations in the Operator room in areas you should not be able to.
  • Fixed Ammo Case still applying its buffs after Carrier has died.
  • Fixed Ammo Case refilling ammo on respawn.
  • Fixed Ammo Case refilling ammo on Host Migration. 
  • Fixed Emblems placed on the right Gazal Shoulder Guard floating away.
  • Fixed numerous translation errors.

Thank you <3

Neat. Don't care really about vacuums, but thanks for the other fixes. Hope people stop sending you death threats, cause that's just... absolutely stupid. Love you all, keep on keepin on. See you tomorrow for the devstream and have a lovely weekend <3

24 minutes ago, WarframeWins said:

That's a good idea, and I agree with it. One thing I don't agree with is the death threats to developers making and working on something you all love and cherish so much. It's absolutely pathetic.

well, I agree, any type of threats to the Developers or for that matter toward anyone should be dealt with immediately, none of us should need to feel threatened for any reason.

Also, was there a threat made against someone at Digital Extremes? If so I would think they took what legal actions they felt needed in the situation. It doesn't really seem like something we'd have control of, knowledge of, or business to respond to here in forums.

Edited by Babellon

I think I would rather have the Vacuum be a passive for all Sentinels, free up some mod space for more survivability and function for what they were originally built for.  But Carrier being an ammo bot now...I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I'm not noticing a difference.

If anything I'd rather see Carrier have the full, or greater, Vacuum range that it did before in addition to the ammo build.  The others are more geared for secondary offense/defense (freaking love the Diriga shocking everything around me :D) but it'd be nice for Carrier to still retain its niche as the dedicated collector.

2 minutes ago, IceFlame1019 said:

I think I would rather have the Vacuum be a passive for all Sentinels, free up some mod space for more survivability and function for what they were originally built for.  But Carrier being an ammo bot now...I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I'm not noticing a difference.

If anything I'd rather see Carrier have the full, or greater, Vacuum range that it did before in addition to the ammo build.  The others are more geared for secondary offense/defense (freaking love the Diriga shocking everything around me :D) but it'd be nice for Carrier to still retain its niche as the dedicated collector.

Agreed. I'd like to be able to have the ammo mod and passive vacuum, but carrier suction have a greater range

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Vacuum is now an equippable Mod (Precept) for all Sentinels. We have also increased the range from 6m to 12m at max rank.

I for one, am perfectly and completely satisfied with this solution. Thanks for listening!

Okay, I was one of the few that was alright with it being an innate at 6m or so (Okay sure, maybe some more range wouldn't be bad, but in my runs with prisma shade during the innate vaccum I wasn't having that much of an issue.).. I had no problem with that aspect, I had a problem with it not being a kubrow/kavat thing or heck.. just an innate warframe thing at that.

Increasing range back to 12m? I'm fine with that.. not a necessity for me but I'm fine with it.

Making it a mod now that you have to equip on every sentinel?  Just why... Why not just make it an innate? Why make it take yet another mod slot for something that should just be an innate thing everyone should have?

But eh, can't fault DE for listening to people's complaints and acting accordingly.  If enough people want it a mod then it'll be so.

Lets just hope if kubrow/kavat get a vacuum it isn't a mod as well. They are already suffering on slots with the mods they use.

Or just you know, make it a warframe-wide universal vacuum. And never have to touch up on it again.

yah the 6m nerf to carrier was essentially a HUGE nerf to the nekros who lives off of despoil. w/o the 12m range. a nekors can literally kill himself from having a HUGE desecrate range and small pickup. 12m seems to be a good balance between a working nekros and a dead nekros :)

now... if we can just do something with mag's passive....

Well I don't know about everyone else but I'm really happy that DE is willing to take chances with big changes. Be they for better or worse, I think DE should be commended for the way they handle all the negative feedback they get for taking chances.

All of you will do well to remember that the devs are people and deserve respect even if you don't agree with a change they've made.

best news, definitely hinders fast pace game play for such a small range not to mention the 000s of resources required to build raid keys which is greatly needed when farming. Take away the ability to farm resources efficiently and you might as well quit the game. 

Why was this changed the passive was perfectly fine, sure people whined about the range but what the hell. You can't make everyone happy DE stop trying to please everyone, good calls always get removed because you listen to the negativity rather the positive, proper criticism.

Actually, I really like this change...those of us who know how to go after loot we need while fighting don't have to change a thing.

People who need vacuum so badly in their life can go ahead and give something up ;) *snark*

This is what ALL MODS should be like.  An actual change to your playstyle and not just beefing the current stats you have for the sake of beating that level 101 Doomsday Cyberpunk Nuke-launching Robot-man 2 seconds faster.