Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix #2

[DE]Megan

thx for the change with sentinels which is very positive.

It can allow more use of the other sentinels. But my opinion is that other sentinels need some upgrades to be more attractive.

For example I tried now again SHADE with Ghost mod.

Problem is that the range when ghost works is very close and time to become invisible is delayed for longer period.

So usually before you get invisible you kill the target or on high level enemies you risk being shot by enemy faster before you even get invisible.

My suggestion is to increase range to all visible targets in the room so that ghost will make you invisible if there are targets in the room. Making you invisible should be also much faster like in a split of the second.

In such case the mod would be very useful and also SHADE would be attractive.

this is awesome, now it allows me to use ANY sentinel i want with vacuum, which is the whole point of making it an option. 

Thank you very much DE, for bringing back 'playable' sentinels. 

To those who are complaining and whining, go get your own game, sit in a cave, build your fire, and eat alone. 

This is what makes DE a great, being part of the community(also listening to feedback within reason of course). 

Finally a glimmer of light in a dark world has shown through!!!

Thank You for listening to your Players DE!!!

I would have loved to have seen the Master Thief treatment given to Carrier, but I can live with removing my  new Ammo Case mod and reinstalling my Vacuum mod the way it was originally.

Happiness factor has increased 3 fold!!!

8D 8D 8D

Thank you DE for fixing this. I have always used Carrier but I love Diriga, now I can play with my favorite sentinel. Thank you again for changing it but honestly people shouldn't resort to death threats to get their way. Stay strong DE and I look forward to additional content in the future 

Okay, Vacuum works just fine, and I'm okay with it being a mod, besides, with Vacuum, Ammo Case doesn't even seem to be of any real use because the sentinel will continue to pick up whatever you need from the immediate surroundings, so you can swap one for the other.

Seems like alot of you all have forgotten that the sentinel (and pets in general) will utilize the specific precept mods in the order of which they appear on the right column.  With that being said, just make sure you put the skill (or precept) that is most important to you in the first slot and so on.  I have noticed that this really affects the functionality and effectiveness of Sanctuary.

For those of you who think that coolant leak doesn't work, try moving it up the precept priority list (depending on how important it is to you).  Also note, that Coolant Leak has a rather short range of effectiveness (about the range of a stealth melee attack).

Good fix DE...  thank you...

Hmm...

Having vacuum go from a passive ability to a precept mod is definitely something I did not expect to see. Well, I suppose we will just have to see how this turns out as it does not sound too bad, especially after vacuums range was "un-nerfed" to 12 meters.

There is one thing that bothers me though. Now that I'm paying more attention to my other sentinels/companions I've definitely noticed how some sentinels (*cough* shade *cough*) need a buff/rework. I personally believe shade's ghost is fundamentally flawed. Although it does work as intended (no bugs or anthing similar), the very small range in combination with Line of sight (and immediately deactivating when losing LOS) AND an overly long cooldown make shade almost completely useless. I could not help but notice the extreme difference in usefulness between shade and the Huras Kubrow and since I personally enjoy having a passive companion that does not attack at all, I am currently out of options... 

Again thanks DE for the nice update, keep it up ! 

15 hours ago, PapaFragolino said:

Just turn Vacuum into an universal warframe passive, how many years we need to ask you the same thing over and over again before you actually understand?

No one asked for it to be a sentinel only passive, no one asked for it to be a sentinel only mod. Stop making everything so complicated for literally no reason and actually listen to your community for once.

No one ask for your opinion drop it

4 hours ago, Alenn_Tax said:

"Open letter", I guess, @[DE]Rebecca@[DE]Steve and @[DE]Megan:

So this morning I read the latest hotfix patch, this part in particular:

But ... why ?

Then I noticed that it doesn't mention the innate vacuum being removed, so I had a glimmer of hope: perhaps the mod was an option for people that wanted the old vacuum range back. But nope, I launched the game and the innate vacuum gone indeed. And that's the proverbial straw to me.

So now, I have only one question:

Great Gods in Heaven, Why ?!!!

What could possibly, even remotely make you think this is a good idea ?

Innate vacuum on all sentinels was a step in the right direction (to adress the problem of Carrier being used by 99.9% of the players, 99.9% of the time). Sure, the range reduction was a harsh price, but it was one I was willing to pay (to have vacuum without using a mod slot).

But nope, the community whiners HAD to whine, and you ([DE]) HAD to give in. You couldn't stand your ground for even a week, and let the dust settle, could you ? Nope ! 

What did you achieved in doing this ? Nothing good, 'tis what. As things are now:

• Vacuum will now pretty much be one more mandatory mod, along Serration and Multishot ones.
  • Carrier/Prime will still be THE most used sentinel, seeing as it's still the strudiest one, and it now offers a low level ammo mutation in addition to vacuuming loot.

So, congratulations to the community whiners, you're ruined Warframe. (for me, as it is now.)

Also, big thanks to [DE]: I grew more and more desillusioned of your game over the last few months, but with this last change, you helped me make my mind, and now I know what game I'll quit playing once I start a new job next month.

And now back to the regular patch notes whining:

1/ Itzal's research costs change, intended or not ?

2/ Missing enemies codex entries ?

Cut it out no one care

NEW BUGS

- The Apothic Imprints for Nightfall and Twilight cannot be reviewed in the Codex once the Silver Grove Quest is finished, and when I find the Grove on Earth I cannot scan the stone altar to get them into the codex.

- I have noticed that when moving, the little jets on the Vaykor Syandanna fall behind. It is very distracting. Example below:

VnH3bZ7.jpg

Still no fix for the following:

- Approach cinematics bug: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/674253-approach-cinematics-still-bugged

- Baro Ki'teer doesn't open his lips when he speaks, even though his jaw moves. This is much more clear in the video message he sends for the Inaros quest, but it is there as well in the message he sends when he is in the Relays.

- Sugatras on Lacera attach not on the hilt (like on Mios and other swords) but somewhere on the blade, as you can see in the picture below. And even if it was meant to attach there (makes no sense, it would prevent the sword from cutting things) there is an empty space between Sugatra and the blade itself.

io1yVhM.jpg

- Cephalon Simaris and Suda transparency bughttps://forums.warframe.com/topic/676541-loss-transparency-in-cephalons-simaris-and-suda

- When looking at the daily mission briefings for Cephalon Simaris, the Endo rewards are not displayed underneath the reputation rewards.

- the Rashasi Polearm Skin cloth pieces tend to duplicate/multiply. I have ended up with a polearm that looked more like a pompom in movement because there were 6 or 7 textile elements overlapping

7 hours ago, Dod-Regnbue said:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/480022441237367367/BA5664FACD522D2B7A5FCF94740713EB826667F2/

Where do I put Vacuum? I have to say, I preferred it as a passive...

Fired up is a completely useless mod no wonder everyone freaks about not having any space left. Your guns and powers do 10000 time more dmg and if they dont you are doing something wrong. Dont mod your sentinel for dmg when its an utility companion.

Just saying that I've kept my promise and bought plat to show my appreciation for this decision.

Remember DE, it's never giving player what we specifically want, it's giving player CHOICES that we all appreciate.

The more you give us freedom and enjoyment to play this game, I assure you, the more money you'll get.