[DE]Megan

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix #2

Could we have craftable shop items to guarantee a genetic offspring being what we want them to be? i.e. sunika, sahasa, adarza...

• Upvote 1

I can finally enable/disable it by modifying with a mod? That's what I've always wanted.
No more parasitic eximus draining all energy orbs in a second to regen 1 energy so that I can't use Energy Conversion efficiently.
No more automatically picking up all life support capsules at 99% wasting it.
No more toxic procs making me eat up all health orbs immediately for the little health damage it dealt to me.

It's finally perfect.

• Upvote 7

This is great, but if you want to make it so that other players will choose sentinels over Carrier Prime then maybe you should look at their stats. Carrier to Carrier Prime was a direct upgrade increasing health and armor, but Wyrm Prime got his health decreased while his armor and shields increased. Carrier Prime has the best survivability out of all the sentinels because he has 400 base health.

• Upvote 12

so if i got it right now it's not a passive anymore but u get the 12m back with the precept like it was before OR, default passive is 6 meters but boosted to 12 if u install the mod ?

This is a step in the right direction. Next step, make it so the other sentinels can survive more than 1 hit past level 30-40 enemies.

Edited by Lithorrhage
  • Upvote 3

Thank you so much for reverting the Vacuum range but now I am left with a dilemma of what mod Vacuum will replace on my Digira! xD

MRW I saw we were getting 12m Vacuum back 

v6tAyN7.gif

6 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix #2

Changes

*Note from your Developers: It’s been 3 years of Carrier dominating the Vacuum business, and only recently we've even started a dialog on a topic you've brought up frequently. Experiments (such as The Vacuum Within) typically have 2 sides- you either fail or you succeed. Our previous idea to have universal Vacuum be a 3 Mod makeup was proposed on Devstream #80, to which we then scrapped after acknowledging the copious amounts of “please don’t do that” feedback.

From that, our new idea was to have Vacuum built into every Sentinel with a reduced range. Upon reading the constructive feedback from our Community about The Vacuum Within, it was clear we needed to make some tweaks- and here we have experimental Mutation X! Vacuum is now an equippable Mod (Precept) for all Sentinels. We have also increased the range from 6m to 12m at max rank. All current Sentinel owners will receive this Mod instantly, as well as retroactively with every Sentinel crafted or purchased- much like other default Precepts.

With that being said, we appreciate those that kept the feedback valuable and refrained from death threats. We changed something precious to you, and we will continue to change where needed as we listen to the Community.

• Changed the Mod image for Ammo Case to better reflect its role. 
  • Compacted large numbers for some ability notifications on the HUD (eg: Equinox’s Maim).

Fixes

• Fixed the Wukong Noggle missing his tail.
  • Fixed the Gazal Chest Plate not being centered on Hydroid.
  • Fixed the Halikar doing 10 throw damage instead of the intended 105.
  • Fixed Sentinels attacking enemies while you’re performing a stealth finisher. 
  • Fixed Oxium Ospreys suicide charging immediately.
  • Fixed being able to place decorations in the Operator room in areas you should not be able to.
  • Fixed Ammo Case still applying its buffs after Carrier has died.
  • Fixed Ammo Case refilling ammo on respawn.
  • Fixed Ammo Case refilling ammo on Host Migration. 
  • Fixed Emblems placed on the right Gazal Shoulder Guard floating away.
  • Fixed numerous translation errors.

Thanks for the fixes , and thanks for considering the  community feedbacks and suggestions.

Preferred the 6m passive tbh, seemed way enough from the few missions I ran.

Or just get rid of the Vacuum effect entirely. Now I need to either revert Carrier back to how it was or muck up my build to fit in the "new" Vacuum mod (if I don' t want to dich the new precept) Annoying.

Anyway, this seems like a step back in the wrong direction. Might as well not have touched Vacuum.

Edited by marelooke
  • Upvote 11

I have to say it: DE has earned my respect.

Thanks!

Would be superb to also fix the auto-sprint problem, thanks a lot!!

• Upvote 1

DE. We do not want innate on sentinels. We do not want free mods for sentinels.

What we want, plain and simple, is 12m vacuum on our Warframes. It is an effect that should be innate to your character, not to a side companion who can die very frequently. Please stop "coming up with ideas"-- there are no ideas to be had. Just implement the change that we want and MOVE ON. Please.

• Upvote 8

Just now, Lithorrhage said:

This is a step in the right direction. Next step, make it so the other sentinels can survive more than 1 hit past level 3-40 enemies.

+1 this. i believe half of the reason for carrier dominating was the fact it has solid armor, high hp and shields all in 1 package, the other sentinels, save the diriga, really could use a tweak in armor / HP

Now can we make it so that Dogs and cats can have a vaccum glued to them? I understand theres a collection doggo already. But god is it horrible at its job...

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

-snip-

• Fixed being able to place decorations in the Operator room in areas you should not be able to.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MY TREASURE HOARD

I could finally pile loot around my operator like some kind of dragon treasure pile, and you took it away ;-;

• Upvote 6

Good job DE ! Listening to the community is something you guys need to do much often ! 

Keep up the good work ! 

DE, you've done an awesome service to the community here with Vacuum; it shows that you do listen to the community when we really bring out our voices, and it also shows that our voices were heard as well in the right way. Side-note; I understand this is simply another experiment you guys have planned to see how it turns out, but I do hope it remains in the game and will be given to Kubrows and Kavats as well. We shouldn't let all the Sentinels get the power of Vacuum, after all. :tongue: 

Edited by YellowVolt

Okay, if this really works like propecised, I'm pretty pleased. Thank you so much!