[DE]Megan

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix #2

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you put the option in -- but we're kinda back to square one, now. Vaccum is a required mod for all sentinels now, i mean, why wouldn't you put it on? 

This is just being really fickle for a simple change, just add 12m vaccum range by default and remove vaccum alltogether

Again. I'm glad  you guys are responding to the criticism as fast as it rolls in, but sometimes I think the point is misinterpreted.

• Upvote 4

Also, ever since titania got released, still no fix for her glitchy twitchy sprinting while using her 4th ability. And still no fix about that bug where when you go back to your ship from a certain place u end up doing that pose after every mastery rank and being unable to move until you CTRL ur way to the arsenal and click X on it to stand up and be able to move again. pls fix

• Upvote 1

"and refrained from death threats"

Major lol, so you all knew this would happen, but still there's no explaination why 6m? but i guess it dosn't matter anymore...

Thx guys and keep up the hard work!!

I got my Vaccum range back? MY FACE WHEN

Spoiler

JUL8yDa.jpg

Edited by [DE]Taylor
put big ole image in a spoiler. please keep it there, ty.

My partner joked that the moment I finished this explanation, that it would be updated to revert it.

She laughed, I laughed, the literal moment I completed it and was going to hit post the red text appeared.

But I made it, the transparent renders took longer than I liked (which is why it took so long), so I'll be posting it in a spoiler.

Here is the math as to why 6M radius Vacuum was such a bad idea:

And now the Math:

With the original 12 Mr (24 Md) Vacuum sphere we have:
At ground intersection: 11.78 Mr (23.56 Md)
Area of ground intersection: 435.95 Mr2
Overall Volume of sphere: 7,238.23 Mr3

And with the new 6 Mr (12 Md) Vacuum sphere it is:
At ground intersection: 5.54 Mr (11.08 Md)
Area of ground intersection: 96.47 Mr2
Overall Volume of sphere: 904.78 Mr3

So from 12 Mr Vacuum to 6 Mr Vacuum we have:
A 12 M (6+6 M), or 50% reduction of linear (razor line, widest point edge-to-edge) range.
A 12.48 M (6.24+6.24 M), or 53% reduction of linear (razor line, widest point edge-to-edge) range at ground intersection.
A 339.48 Mr2, or 78% reduction of ground-pickup volume.
A 6,333.45 Mr3, or 88% reduction of overall effective range.

Exq0oe.png

LSGYSC.png

NqAZ38.png

As a reasonable alternative, you could look at a 10 Mr (20 Md) Vacuum sphere which gives us the numbers of:
At ground intersection: 9.73 Mr (19.46 Md)
Area of ground intersection: 297.42 Mr2
Overall Volume of sphere: 4,188.79 Mr3

From 12 Mr Vacuum to 10 Mr Vacuum we would get:
A 4 M (2+2 M), or 17% reduction of linear (razor line, widest point edge-to-edge) range.
A 4.1 M (2.05+2.05 M), or 18% reduction of linear (razor line, widest point edge-to-edge) range at ground intersection.
A 138.53 Mr2, or 32% reduction of ground-pickup volume.
A 3,049.44 Mr3, or 42% reduction of overall effective range.

7fzwLF.png

M = Meters

Mr = Meter radius

Md = Meter Diameter

Mr2 = Meters radius Squared

Mr3 = Meters radius Cubed

This means that clearing a room will take 2-3 times longer.

iUCNDU.png

Glad it got reverted

Edited by DarkOvion
  • Upvote 6

I won't lie, I would have liked it more as a 12 meter passive vacuum for all warframes but this is what carrier had, it was fine then so it's fine now.

• Upvote 1

Considering it takes companies weeks even years to undo mistake like what you did you did it very well in one day. 

" we appreciate those that kept the feedback valuable and refrained from death threats" ~  Ugh I hope people did not act too "Defensive fanboy" for this mistake. It is really one of the smallest mistakes I ever have seen for a dev crew.  World of tanks, Battlefield, and overwatch wish they can do what you do for this game!!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jackel7 said:

Random QUESTION: what if Sentinels had Aura slots for mods like Coolant Leak and support theme mods??

Your random question is a good one. I'm pretty pleased right now, but that is something I asked myself now a pretty long time. Sentinels and pets both need a reactor to enhance them like our Warframes does. Would be wise to add them an Aura slot. But atm that isn't sooo important. There are more important things they have to fix and add first (like the War within :D)

I don't understand one thing: why DE sticks to that vacuum at all, why not just increase a pickup radius when the percept is on? That hanging in the air loot is sometimes very hard to pick up if you're not the vacuum user, and now they don't even need to use the most worthless sentinel to do this.

• Upvote 1

Why would you not leave it at a passive with like 3 more meters of range and making it work just like the mod? Since people saying it was slow and such. I actualy like it beeing a passive since it allows us to use other mods so it won't take a slot or maybe make it a passive that can be uppgraded with the mod? There is alot of ways to make this work. But going back to the Mod is probably not one of them.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for making it a precept, I can now toss the vacuum back in the closet and enjoy my sentinals not messing with my loot anymore! :D

That said, I look forward to seeing what other experimentation DE does with vacuum. It could use a great deal more tweaking to make it truly suitable for all playstyles(as opposed to just generically sucking everything).

I especially look forward to seeing if they tweak the other sentinals to make them a bit more desirable, since aside from Helios, the unique utility functions are rather sparse.

• Upvote 1

So you are effectively stealing us a slot on every sentinel to be able to use what carrier has been doing for years now? Is THAT how you want us to like using other sentinels more, by making them all equally S#&$ty at doing the job we were using carrier for? Greeeaaat job DE ... NOT!

• Upvote 3

The Backpedal Within

It was nice while it lasted, at least. In the end, Carrier Prime gets a buff and no one will be trying any other sentinels due to the vacuum because they already stuffed forma into their golden vegetable and "it's the only one that can survive" so... yay. Now it's also a free ammo mutation. The rich get richer.

• Upvote 3

Awesome! Innate vacuum was nice for mod points, but this is definitely a fair trade - 12 meters is excellent, and ammo case is a nice carrier buff!

Vacuum innate on Warframes of 12m and having the ability to use the crit/resources jack of all trades kavat might be too strong. but we're moving in a great direction.

Honestly, thanks for this.

I'm sure it's far from the end of the road when it comes to vacuum discussion, but I feel like we might finally have a firm jumping-off point for future conversations. What's more, the response was timely.

@[DE]Megan I'm sorry if some of us let you down and got out of control with our comments. I hope it won't discourage you all from maintaining the great contact you keep with your community.

• Upvote 2

While I'm ecstatic at the range increase, I really liked having vacuum not take up a mod slot.
Perhaps you could keep the innate 6m pickup range, and have the mod boost it to 12m?

• Upvote 8