Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix #2


Recommended Posts

it's interesting. They took the mod away and reduced range. people went nuts. They put the mod back and increased the range back to 12m, people still complain. What are you guys doing with sentinels that you're seriously taking up that amount of space? I have all the sentinels too, I barely use half the slots on it. Have never felt the need to have most of the precepts, only really increase life/shields/armor on the only one I used which was carrier. I have the scanner on helios. I'm not implying anything about peoples play habits, I just dont understand how you have so many mods in your sentinels that this mod is an issue....

but reading some of these comments does demonstrate my point, no matter what Digital Extremes does people are going to find something wrong with it.

I was happy with it before, I'm happy with vacuum now. I appreciate and respect what  you do DE,,I'm going to go play, this is why you're the professionals and I'm just a guy at a keyboard in my living room. You've got the patience of saints. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh. Here I am just wanting the other Sentinels to be buffed, and yet here we are.

You know, I'm not even mad. In fact, I'm GLAD they made it into a mod. Now, only the people who REALLY want to use Vacuum and are willing to sacrifice a mod slot will use it.

If this is the compromise you've finally decided on, then I'll give this change my full approval.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PotatoPrincess said:

1bw9fz.jpg

Charm initially granted an exorbitant amount of rare resources when it triggered. If you feel that it should have been left that way, then I don't really know what to say without sounding mean lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the carrier should have a slightly larger range for vacuum than the other sentinels since that was its whole purpose and with the new update it has become more or less useless since it's ability is now null. I like that all sentinels have the ability but the carrier needs something now that makes it stand out from the others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Babellon said:

it's interesting. They took the mod away and reduced range. people went nuts. They put the mod back and increased the range back to 12m, people still complain. What are you guys doing with sentinels that you're seriously taking up that amount of space? I have all the sentinels too, I barely use half the slots on it. Have never felt the need to have most of the precepts, only really increase life/shields/armor on the only one I used which was carrier. I have the scanner on helios. I'm not implying anything about peoples play habits, I just dont understand how you have so many mods in your sentinels that this mod is an issue....

but reading some of these comments does demonstrate my point, no matter what Digital Extremes does people are going to find something wrong with it.

I was happy with it before, I'm happy with vacuum now. I appreciate and respect what  you do DE,,I'm going to go play, this is why you're the professionals and I'm just a guy at a keyboard in my living room. You've got the patience of saints. 

People's complaints haven't changed, really. It isn't too much of an issue, as far as mod space goes, since you can always take off something like Coolant Leak or Animal Instincts. It's a minor complaint. Still a valid one, however. The other complaint people have is that our little kitties and doggies do not get vacuum, and this makes them inferior in many people's eyes.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Babellon said:

it's interesting. They took the mod away and reduced range. people went nuts. They put the mod back and increased the range back to 12m, people still complain. What are you guys doing with sentinels that you're seriously taking up that amount of space? I have all the sentinels too, I barely use half the slots on it. Have never felt the need to have most of the precepts, only really increase life/shields/armor on the only one I used which was carrier. I have the scanner on helios. I'm not implying anything about peoples play habits, I just dont understand how you have so many mods in your sentinels that this mod is an issue....

but reading some of these comments does demonstrate my point, no matter what Digital Extremes does people are going to find something wrong with it.

I was happy with it before, I'm happy with vacuum now. I appreciate and respect what  you do DE,,I'm going to go play, this is why you're the professionals and I'm just a guy at a keyboard in my living room. You've got the patience of saints. 

you can actually get a great deal of functionality maxing out a companion, to the point where they do more damage than some players, and have more survivability too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sibericus said:

I would have liked it if the 6 meter passive was left in, and the 12 meters was kept as the mod.  I liked not having to use a mod, and the nerf to range was a fair tradeoff.

More then 12 would be cool.

But 6m on it's own if laughable.

I'm fine with using a mod slot, since there are barely any mods for sentinels anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you DE!

It's sad reading all the comments, no one is happy with what they have, they always want more. I think its a great compromise from what it was before. At first all people whined about is needing a universal vac, then we got one. But the range was too small, so you buffed the range, but now everyone is complaining about how its a problem that its a mod and should just be a passive. Just be happy that DE listened in the first place!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel a way it could work as a passive is that you could make the range level with the sentinels so each 5 levels its grows by 2m so a level 30 carrier would have 12m(same as the mod does maxed) and apply it to all sentinels?

Could this work?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think this is going to change the underlying issue with Carrier being the most used sentinel. Now that it is a mod again, why change from using the Carrier? Ammo Case is interesting, but not enough to use it instead of Vacuum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Torhque said:

Charm initially granted an exorbitant amount of rare resources when it triggered. If you feel that it should have been left that way, then I don't really know what to say without sounding mean lol

Sounds like a bug.

I mean, what do you think something called Charm would do?

Charm enemies?

Or make rare resource drops?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for listening, the mod slot cost for the benefit gained is a good compromise and still satisfies those that do not want to use it at all. All that is left is applying it to kubrows/kavats, even if range has to be shorter to compensate for their innate advantages over sentinels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, General_Durandal said:

Sounds like a bug.

I mean, what do you think something called Charm would do?

Charm enemies?

Or make rare resource drops?

1st version of charm was like gamebreaker.... Is it normal to join exterminate and leave with 50-80 rare resources ? IF you are newbie in this game, just delete your comment... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PotatoPrincess said:

What I meant was the community's reaction to it, not the function of the mods. See, people overreacted a lot about this... The point is that the DE team listens to us and we should be happy about it; not complain all the time ;/ They did say they were experimenting, so ppl should have kept calm

If no-one ever complains about the bad things (like bugs, or bad system setups) they would never get fixed.

 

Edited by General_Durandal
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, General_Durandal said:

If no-one ever complains about the bad things (like bugs, or bad system setups) they would never get fixed.

 

I know, but don't you think threats, nasty comments, etc. are going a bit too far? I get a normal suggestion, or a pouty comment, but this time we did go overboard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, paul5473 said:

I feel a way it could work as a passive is that you could make the range level with the sentinels so each 5 levels its grows by 2m so a level 30 carrier would have 12m(same as the mod does maxed) and apply it to all sentinels?

Could this work?

We mudt pass this message to DE. Who all is with me. Everyone can mod sentinels the way they want AND the vacuum is a max ranged passive. Who is with me and this guy? Anyone? Anyone at all?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the thought going around of applying vacuum to companions... I rather enjoy the retriever function we have on one kubrow, I wonder if they'll make that universal next and give that kubrow a new function too?

Hey, why not just give us two companion slots, one for sentinals, one for kubrows/kavats? Want a vacuum AND a fun pet too? bring your favourite out of each category!(no idea if the retriever and vacuum would conflict though)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...