The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Letter of Support to [DE]Rebecca

Azrael

Joke or no, no one deserves a death threat, be it over a game or any other reason. However, if you want to condemn this, it's not only Rebecca, who this post was adressed to.

I do believe it was a joke, however in a very poor taste.

Signed.

Edited by Lijka

Had a longer reply than this but decided to shorten it considerably. It's not nice but it's hardly that concerning or that serious if you actually read it. Doubt it truly needed some sort of letter of support either. It's a general comment and appears to be in some sort of jest, albeit slightly dark. It also hardly requires some sort of action by the authorities or a 'fine'. God forbid we ever go down this route in the future, it'll become point scoring and ridiculous with the existance of Facebook.

First time thing and it's generally indirect, report it to Twitter and leave it for them to reprimand the poster if they deem it necessary. Nothing more, nothing less at this stage.

Edited by Naith

14 minutes ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

So if someone says "Lol kys" there has to be a 6 page thread denouncing it?

It's the Internet. Easy to post,  hard to take back.

The haters get too much room as it is, I rather they see too many posts denouncing something than too few.

This is generally a pretty good community, sad to see we still have this kind of rotten apples rolling around.

Signed.

May I also express the hope that said apples are no longer a part of our bushel?

Edited by Zaisha

Omfg seeing the tweet and your guys reaction in here is priceless what a community of whimps warframe has became =)) really 6 pages of support for a little dark warframeish pun :)) =)) oh poor society i worry for the future if people like you guys represent the majority :|

18 minutes ago, Unholy_Ghost said:

Omfg seeing the tweet and your guys reaction in here is priceless what a community of whimps warframe has became =)) really 6 pages of support for a little dark warframeish pun :)) =)) oh poor society i worry for the future if people like you guys represent the majority :|

I worry for the people that think it's funny. Good luck in your social life!

1 hour ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

So if someone says "Lol kys" there has to be a 6 page thread denouncing it?

In addition to that, there has been a lot of toxicity, anger, and raging on the forums and on twitter. Overall, it just seems like a good time to show some support. There's really nothing controversial going on in here, do we need to denounce the thread?

1 minute ago, WEREsandrock said:

Don't feed it. It's tempting to reply, but I'm 90% sure that statements like this come from a troll...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ probably a troll, but there are people that think like that. In causes so much cringe it's almost unbearable. I've seen people fired for making silly comments like that and they had similar comments to make about afterwards.

Just now, Ker-Blammo said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ probably a troll, but there are people that think like that. In causes so much cringe it's almost unbearable. I've seen people fired for making silly comments like that and they had similar comments to make about afterwards.

Of course you're right too. Sadly, there are people like this.. But If it's not a troll, it's someone who's desperately trying to sound edgy.

Because They're so cool when they show no empathy for someone else.../sarcasm

The 'murder threat' in question wasn't actually a murder threat. It was more like a very, very poorly done stalker joke. I wonder how many of you actually saw what it was, rather than assuming the worst? Rebecca herself said "I'd wager it was a poor taste joke". Y'all are acting like they got a full on death threat. They didn't, it was just a stupid comment someone made.

I'm not saying it's okay, I'm just saying it's not what a lot of you think it is.

17 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

It was via twitter, in response to the Vacuum changes. It was just a joke in extremely poor taste. I'd wager it's not worth any actual concern.

Wow, that is really sad and pathetic. I hope that person never gets to play Warframe again.

I got one question though: Why is everyone acting like this was directed only at Rebecca? I mean, I understand that Twitter user responded to her, but he/she threatened all of DE, not just her. Not sure why people are acting like someone personally threatened her.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

12 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

The 'murder threat' in question wasn't actually a murder threat. It was more like a very, very poorly done stalker joke. I wonder how many of you actually saw what it was, rather than assuming the worst? Rebecca herself said "I'd wager it was a poor taste joke". Y'all are acting like they got a full on death threat. They didn't, it was just a stupid comment someone made.

I'm not saying it's okay, I'm just saying it's not what a lot of you think it is.

Tbh that's just what I did today morning:

I rad the thread "Rebecca got a death-threat" and I think my heart skipped a beat. After reading the thread I imagined that she got some private e-mail from an anonymous author, threatening to kill her and what not. And doxing and other sh**. In my first post I suggested that the author of the message should go to jail... uhm... which... is clearly overreacting.

After being shown the actual message I felt really stupid. This ...the message is tasteless and stupid and the idiot who twittered that garbage deserves to get his a** kicked.... But it's  not really a serious death threat. It's stupid ... and yes... someone should teach that kid that you don't just threaten to murder someone... not even joking. But it is FAR from as devastating as the OP makes you believe.

BUT I think that DE is getting a lot of sh** lately... so showing support can't be wrong- that thread is okay- It should be done for the right reasons tho.

So far my final opinion.

Edited by WEREsandrock

8 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

Wow, that is really sad and pathetic. I hope that person never gets to play Warframe again.

I got one question though: Why is everyone acting like this was directed only at Rebecca? I mean, I understand that Twitter user responded to her, but he/she threatened all of DE, not just her. Not sure why people are acting like someone personally threatened her.

Because the op said so :/ And tbh I also find that a little bit misleading.

You can only know if you look at the tweet. Which was posted somewhere on the 1st page. But not everybody goes through all posts...

Neither did I.

3 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

Because the op said so :/ And tbh I also find that a little bit misleading.

You can only know if you look at the tweet. Which was posted somewhere on the 1st page. But not everybody goes through all posts...

Neither did I.

Yeah, I think it's really sad. And it's even more sad that some people are using this "death threat" to criticize those who complained about the Vacuum nerf.

Ok, so here's the full exchange. This is why they say it was a death threat. And yeah, it was directed at all of DE, not just Rebecca:

B3exVfR.jpg 

Edited by AntoineFlemming

2 minutes ago, Shadow8600 said:

Said it yesterday, will repeat. 'People' like that are a waste of oxygen, and to someone as awesome, sweet, passionate, and caring as Reb, makes it even worse. 

It was directed at all of DE, not just Rebecca. Everything else you said is correct, but Rebecca wasn't singled out.

I think the debate has become whether or not this tweet is an actual joke or something serious. I don't think it's a joke or find it funny in anyway. However I don't think this something serious. I am taking it as some kid annoyed with DE making empty threats. What I think the original OP was trying to do is show support and says that this one person doesn't represent the whole community. There has been numerous negative threads/comments in the last few days and it's easy to be associated with this one person, so this thread was created to countered that.

Edited by mikey619

What am I signing? A get well soon card?

What are all these messages with philosophical undertones about the evil within this world? This isn't the Holocaust 2.0. Its a death threat (barely even that. More another immature child posting on the internet). Unsurprisingly I've had many if we are taking this seriously.

Sorry to hear but I'm sure Rebecca isn't going to go into hiding now. Also I'm more annoyed the person took the Stalker's catchphrase...

Edited by (PS4)HR_Pufnstuf_1984