The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Letter of Support to [DE]Rebecca

Azrael

4 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

Because the op said so :/ And tbh I also find that a little bit misleading.

You can only know if you look at the tweet. Which was posted somewhere on the 1st page. But not everybody goes through all posts...

Neither did I.

Right next to ya rowing in the same boat bud.

That said, you never really know when you hear crazy comments like this either... Safest route is to take them all seriously.

Best thing to be done is for DE to go through proper channels to have that poster properly addressed.

True story:

I once had a direct report go through a lot of issues with her boyfriend where he would constantly tell her that if she left he would kill her whenever she threatened to leave.

Myself and other guys on my team offered to help her with the move when she finally committed to moving out...She declined because she thought he was full of crap.

The weekend she moved out... He murdered her and committed suicide.

The lesson is that the best bet is always to take such comments seriously enough to ensure that the threat is addressed appropriately... But don't make more of a meal of it past that either.

I have no doubt that all of the members of DE live under some specter of paranoia because they are what amounts to public figures now. I'm sure this isn't the first such threat and they have protocol setup to address them.

The fellow who posted that comment may well have just whacked a hornet's nest in the process of simply trying to be edgy. Or... they may actually need professional help. 

My faith in humanity and the gaming community is utterly lost, it seems that like after the early 2000s we have entered a downward spiral of poorly educated people, poor trolls, people not having any humour and people not knowing a joke and when a joke went too far.

While death threats are a no no I am pretty sure [DE] Rebecca is a tough enough girl that she did not lose any sleep over this farce (the dude even used a stalker quote for crying out loud within a gaming community that murders sentient beings in the hundreds of thousands every day so you could imagine some sort of "black humour") but apparently the air is very very thin on the high moral horse, so thin that it influences cognitive capacities. If the tweets here are really the "death threats" I urge you to take them to the local police for investigation and see what they will tell you, please do and please tell us all their reply.    

Ever got told to:"Why don´t you drink bleach, get hit by a bus, get cancer, get rekt etc?" While those are things uttered by ill mannered individuals you can be sure they are not meant in any serious way, i.e. that dude(dudette) has not the intention or the honest wish from the bottom of their hearts for you to drop dead and even if he does, why does it concern you? Do you know the guy personally? Is his or hers opinion important to you? Does it matter?  

Sometimes I wonder how old this community is on average and what they do for a living.......

The EvE Online community throws the vilest of things at each other at times and yet (aside from a handful of people really going ap*shi* and making repeated none joking death threats to people and rightfully receive the permanent ban hammer) these the very same guys that insulted each other, at community meetings, will sit together laugh and cheer and have some beers, because they are .....adults, have some life experience and can differentiate a joke and a threat, a bad troll and a good pun. 

And no it is not hard to read sarcasm, irony and the other finer arts of the language out of people's statements if you think about them for a minute, a feat that many people are apparently incapable to perform. 

I am sorry in advance to have offended some peoples feelings.

Maybe to get a better understanding of the English language and humour people should watch some Monthy Python and other somewhat older shows and movies. Somehow I got the feeling that some people today will be terribly offended by: "The Life of Brian", "Monthy Python and the Holy Grail" and such. I am pretty sure, a large part of the people reading this will have to google those titles.....     

Edited by TwistedDee

39 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

Because the op said so :/ And tbh I also find that a little bit misleading.

You can only know if you look at the tweet. Which was posted somewhere on the 1st page. But not everybody goes through all posts...

Neither did I.

Rebecca herself implied that it was directed at her, and that's what I read. Sorry if that's misleading. Someone already posted a link to the tweet where she implied this.

53 minutes ago, Moogleoftheages said:

This particular threat that everyone is circulating is just one post. There were other posts made by Rebecca that people have not posted on here yet. I don't think its been shown but here is the link:

https://i.redd.it/kormjyq3hxpx.png

I speak, not for myself, but for the whole of my Clan.

Miraalan stands beside you.

With various high-damage hand cannons at the ready.

We are the sword through the fire and the shield that guards the innocent.  We put aside fear for courage, and death for life, when such doing is just.

We will uphold and defend the Tenno and the Lotus for as long as we draw breath.

1 minute ago, Azrael said:

Rebecca herself implied that it was directed at her, and that's what I read. Sorry if that's misleading. Someone already posted a link to the tweet where she implied this.

Makes a lot more sense now - thank you.

Well that sucks. I hope she's not taking this to heart too much. :(

17 minutes ago, TwistedDee said:

My faith in humanity and the gaming community is utterly lost, it seems that like after the early 2000s we have entered a downward spiral of poorly educated people, poor trolls, people not having any humour and people not knowing a joke and when a joke went too far.

While death threads are a no no I am pretty sure [DE] Rebecca is a tough enough girl that she did not lost any sleep over this farce (the dude even used a stalker quote for crying out loud within a gaming community that murders sentient beings in the hundreds of thousands every day so you could imagine some sort of "black humour") but apparently the air is very very thin on the high moral horse, so thin that it influences cognitive capacities. If the tweets here are really the "death threats" I urge you to take them to the local police for investigation and see what they will tell you, please do and please tell us all their reply.    

Ever got told to:"Why don´t you drink bleach, get hit by a buss, get cancer, get rekt etc?" While those are things uttered by ill mannered individuals you can be sure they are not meant in any serious way, i.e. that dude(dudette) has not the intention or the honest wish from the bottom of their hearts for you to drop dead and even if he does, why does it concern you? Do you know the guy personally? Is his or hers opinion important to you? Does it matter?  

Sometimes I wonder how old this community is on average and what they do for a living.......

The EvE Online community throws the vilest of things at each other at times and yet (aside from a handful of people really going ap*shi* and making repeated none joking death threats to people and rightfully receive the permanent ban hammer) these the very same guys that insulted each other, at community meetings, will sit together laugh and cheer and have some beers, because they are .....adults, have some life experience and can differentiate a joke and a threat, a bad troll and a good pun. 

And no it is not hard to read sarcasm, irony and the other finer arts of the language out of people's statements if you think about them for a minute, a feat that many people are apparently incapable to perform. 

I am sorry in advance to have offended some peoples feelings.

Maybe to get a better understanding of the English language and humour people should watch some Monthy Python and other somewhat older shows and movies. Somehow I got the feeling that some people today will be terribly offended by: "The Life of Brian", "Monthy Python and the Holy Grail" and such. I am pretty sure, a large part of the people reading this will have to google those titles.....     

+1

There are sadly enough player who can't deal with changes or think that they are better than other players some even called me a veteran player of near 3 years a noob .

I personally have had my moment when i thought , that what DE was doiing was wierd and broke the game so i can only give some ideas and my views and of course positive critisism on points that could be improved , but it's their game so I support and stand by DE in what they do even if it is wierd, and i condem the actions of said individuals who threathen other players and DE . I see them not anymore as a honnorable Tenno , for real Tenno are people who enjoy this game in a manner of friendly rivalry ( and joking about Captain Vor's cereals with greedy milk ) instead of insulting and threathening other players or DE .

the person who made the threats was obviously a frustrated youngster. who in their right mind would threaten the LOTUS ??

i bet he also has a black and red ash.

sure hope she's not taking it to heart. best to take to heart this outpouring of support to heart, i'm sure if the situation would arise any of us would protect any DE staff & each other, if any real danger was posed.

Edited by Kagisnad

That is simply outrageous that someone would have that type of response to a video game. I often refer to {DE}Rebecca as the Matriarch of the community and I think it's safe to say that's true, she being the voice of the lotus. However every person at DE, and the community at large, deserve to be able to express themselves and interact with each other without fear of some retaliation or grotesque response regardless of our disagreements over any element of this game or its Developers decisions. 

We might not always agree, we might not always communicate to each other well but we all deserve the respect of decency and dignity. 

16 minutes ago, Unus said:

Can we send "life threats" to Mrs. Rebecca instead? "I hope you get a pay-raise you well-done voice actor you!"

That's not even a threat. Maybe "do what I want or I'll send you a nice note and maybe some flowers! But not in a creepy way!"

i support rebecca. 

but again

not sure why to announce it just to get more /cryforrebecca from the fans? we as her fans can only support her by making a comment in the comment section cheering or using our wallet in warframe.

but again, threats like these are dealt with the police and if she feels down she has her family and friends and the rest of the DE to talk to / be with to help, telling us doesn't really have much purpose other than getting more money in her wallet. this is private matter that shouldn't just be used as a media to gain attention cause we cant do anything to support her except our wallets. 

Edited by SoulEaterReaper

19 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

It was via twitter, in response to the Vacuum changes. It was just a joke in extremely poor taste. I'd wager it's not worth any actual concern.

What a tw*t

A angry and crazy Tw*t at that.

Edited by Drakeardian

Welcome to the internet where feeling anonymous encourages people to write dumbest possible things. Death threat on the internet is dumb, immature and last thing you should be worried about.

Also, considering Rebecca is community manager I wager she knows how to deal with immature morons.

So yeah, no need to dramatize

27 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

-snip-

I think the point of the thread is for we the community to make a visible statement to ourselves and anyone out there that this is our community and while we might no always agree we always support each others right to coexist. We support the DEvelopers of our mutual game and we don't tolerate any such behaviors people from within or outside our community here making any type of threats or personal attacks upon any individual. A statement of solidarity. 

Edited by Babellon

20 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

It was via twitter, in response to the Vacuum changes. It was just a joke in extremely poor taste. I'd wager it's not worth any actual concern.

First time seeing the actual comment, and I have to say that I just lost a few brain cells due to the utter stupidity of what I read.

It didn't even manage to be laugh out loud funny, have a smidge of dry wit, or pull off clever wordplay.

No excusing the intended meaning, and I've previously addressed it on the subreddit, but good Lord, that is one stupid tweet.

@OP, Rebecca and the staff have my support. They always have.

Edited by Rhekemi

12 minutes ago, Babellon said:

I think the point of the thread is for we the community to make a visible statement to ourselves and anyone out there that this is our community and while we might no always agree we always support each others right to coexist. We support the DEvelopers of our mutual game and we don't tolerate any such behaviors from within or outside our community here making any type of threats or personal attacks upon any individual. A statement of solidarity. 

Which should be 100% obvious to every sane person. We are making drama over dumb post by some guy who apparently realised stupidity he wrote and tried to be funny but failed miserably