Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insufficient Memory in Relays

kyori

10 hours ago, Urlan said:

The problem is all these happened very randomly. For example I'm in the dojo yesterday for more than 30mins and nothing happened. Sometimes the allies in the relay very far away that I haven't even see them yet. 

Though if for missing or corrupted textures, I can better tell which map etc. 

For example the Tyl Regor boss fight arena has over 90% chances I'll encounter corrupted textures, making my game very laggy. 

7 hours ago, kyori said:

The problem is all these happened very randomly. For example I'm in the dojo yesterday for more than 30mins and nothing happened. Sometimes the allies in the relay very far away that I haven't even see them yet. 

Though if for missing or corrupted textures, I can better tell which map etc. 

For example the Tyl Regor boss fight arena has over 90% chances I'll encounter corrupted textures, making my game very laggy. 

I am sorry I can't help then, missing or corrupted textures are not related to the insufficient memory error in my experience and would be a different issue. Doing a Verify and Optimize from the launcher's gear settings may help with missing resources. Make sure you have free time for it though as the operations can take time to complete.

I am sorry to hear that then, if your graphics are still having corruption after re-verification, it could be that your video card's VRAM is starting to die. Try running other games or consider testing to see if you can trigger this issue of if actively cooling the card improves the situation if temporarily. Unfortunately, if this is the case, your card is best replaced as VRAM failing can not be fixed in most cases.

I am sorry to hear running a verify and optimize didn't help. Did it at least clear up the corrupted or missing textures? Also, in the Maroo Bazaar, did the other players have a decent amount of regalia and other cosmetics?

53 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I am sorry to hear running a verify and optimize didn't help. Did it at least clear up the corrupted or missing textures? Also, in the Maroo Bazaar, did the other players have a decent amount of regalia and other cosmetics?

Nope, didn't clear up any corrupted textures. 

I didn't really go observe but I think no one will unequip their cosmetic stuffs to go relay and then equip them again after left relay lol.

52 minutes ago, TheRoaringLion said:

Relays are taxing, tho I guess some peeps need solo relay mode to go to a relay just on their own.

I can't think of any solo peeps would like to go relay or dojo in public mode. Imagine having to see the 'host migration' screen every few seconds... is very annoying.

Thought if a few friends go together then it would be different story... because they are together in the game in the first place.

11 hours ago, kyori said:

Nope, didn't clear up any corrupted textures. 

I didn't really go observe but I think no one will unequip their cosmetic stuffs to go relay and then equip them again after left relay lol.

I can't think of any solo peeps would like to go relay or dojo in public mode. Imagine having to see the 'host migration' screen every few seconds... is very annoying.

Thought if a few friends go together then it would be different story... because they are together in the game in the first place.

If going solo in Relays does not matter you get other players anyways, relays are hosted by DE itself and are not hosted by anyone else.

Dojos should be hosted with volunteered servers tho and then that is fixed too.

The corrupt looking textures probably is just a Hardware problem you can't solve that with software at least.

What I meant if you want to go to a relay and want it to be not crowded, just go to a empty session or just give players the option to go solo to a relay and not bother with the other players.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion

1 hour ago, TheRoaringLion said:

If going solo in Relays does not matter you get other players anyways, relays are hosted by DE itself and are not hosted by anyone else.

Dojos should be hosted with volunteered servers tho and then that is fixed too.

What I meant if you want to go to a relay and want it to be not crowded, just go to a empty session or just give players the option to go solo to a relay and not bother with the other players.

I have no problem with dojo. Only once.

I always go relay in solo mode.. and I will still see other players around.

Most of the time relays only have 1 session.

50 minutes ago, kyori said:

I have no problem with dojo. Only once.

I always go relay in solo mode.. and I will still see other players around.

Most of the time relays only have 1 session.

Like I said they need solo mode so you go solo in there to counter that issue.

6 minutes ago, kyori said:

Ah yes, I agree with that. There is definitely something wrong with the relays.

There is nothing wrong with relays your PC just can't handle it, first tip get a faster PC.

Second, if warframe devs are not gonna help you then probably best choice to upgrade your PC, best is just to upgrade it anyways because you can't run the game good anyways then.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

While it is true that there is an element of hardware involved, a 32 bit mode game should not be trying to grab memory over its limit which is happening. the insufficient memory error hits when the game tries to load too much player cosmetics and such into the video ram at onetime and overflow occurs. That is a failing of the game when in relays. As it will occur on 32 bit and 64 bit, just takes more time for more modern systems. Any player using a video card with similar VRAM amount on a 32 bit system will suffer the same issue - its just faster on Direct x 9 which is Kyro's only option since the system is Win XP.

I would agree however that the corrupted visuals are likely a hardware issue if the verify and optimize didn't assist. Did running the Heaven Stress test or a Video Ram memory tool show any physical errors? If so, it could be that the effective VRAM has been lessened and you are seeing the memory error more because of a lesser capacity. It might help for trouble-shooting to use the frames per second display ticker in HUD options. It will give an area of how much memory the card can handle in Direct x 9 before crashing; I am thinking it will be around 700-800 but in some patches or in Direct x 11, it should crash around high 900s. The EE.log should also give the last thing the game was working on before the crash - trying to load and all - don't share the file itself except with Support as it contains identifying info, but Support might be able to use it to narrow down the issue and recreate it. The EE.log might also give you an idea of how to recreate the crash which will be invaluable when reporting the issue.

1 hour ago, TheRoaringLion said:

There is nothing wrong with relays your PC just can't handle it, first tip get a faster PC.

Second, if warframe devs are not gonna help you then probably best choice to upgrade your PC, best is just to upgrade it anyways because you can't run the game good anyways then.

Hmm.. the system requirements states WinXP service pack 3 is playable, so I think getting a better PC is not an excuse to solve it... but of course getting a new PC is always better.

But the main thing is... it states WinXP service pack 3 is playable. hehe

14 minutes ago, Urlan said:

wow,,, that is too much for me to understanding lol. I am not so a technical person. Could you please simplify it for me? 

I have the same problem - tbh, it got better with the second-to-last batch of Relay optimisation, then got actually worse again with The Index HF3. Almost the same config, only running a Win7 OS instead of WinXP.

As far as the VRAM goes, it seems the tracker always gets around the high 700s/low 800s before a crash occurs - but it's not regular, i can have a session where i steadily rise to the supposed cap, sometimes i get there at low 500s and then suddenly it spikes up, sometimes instead it hovers around that but doesn't crash. And i'm not sure it depends on the amount of players present, since i had it happen with relay instances that were virtually empy (>5 people) and then not happen with peaks of 30+.

What never happened to me is the Evolution Engine tracking the crash. I never got the prompt up nor a WAR code. The client simply crashes to desktop, no questions asked.

EDIT: i also never got broken or missing textures.

Edited by Autongnosis

Yeah, sadly the insufficient memory error stops further running of the program so the reporter tool shouldn't be able to run. You can look in your 'main disk'\users\'profilename'\Local\Warframe folder for the EE.log, which will be valuable in looking through to see what the game crashed on. If running on windows vista or higher and the graphics card supports it, try using Direct x 11 if possible; it will not stop the insufficient memory but will usually make it take a little more time as the VRAM fills. What might take only a few minutes in direct x 9 might last for up to 15 minutes in 11; its likely based on how the two direct x protocols were designed with different video card environments in mind. Obtaining the EE.log will help when submitting a ticket to support as it should help them narrow down what is triggering the error.

Yeah, i was trying to experiment some with Dx settings (my card doesn't support Dx11 but only Dx10) but with Baro coming this weekend i had quite some problems at actually getting stuff done for testing purposes. I also failed miserably to produce said WAR report, i want to try and get one to get that too to support through a ticket, together with the EE.log

On 10/25/2016 at 10:27 AM, Autongnosis said:

Yeah, i was trying to experiment some with Dx settings (my card doesn't support Dx11 but only Dx10) but with Baro coming this weekend i had quite some problems at actually getting stuff done for testing purposes. I also failed miserably to produce said WAR report, i want to try and get one to get that too to support through a ticket, together with the EE.log

I hope your ticket works out! Direct x 10 is basically a slightly upgraded Direct x 9 so it still behaves like 9 in regards to this memory issue sadly. Hopefully, this video memory handling issue can be resolved.

Edit:

Recurring Nightmare just said it had some improvements for Direct x 9 handling; has this improved the situation for anyone here?

Edited by Urlan

• 2 weeks later...

Seems there is no improvement in the relays. It is getting a bit frustrating as I am trying to sell off junk parts because baro will be coming in a few hours time. 

I am still wondering why all other mission nodes have no problem but all the relays have. Still very puzzling mysterious.