Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #81 Overview

AM-Bunny

devstream81banner.png

The Index
• Event based around betting and wagering against Corpus champions
• This will initially premiere as an Operation with clan-based competition
• After the Operation ends, it will be refined and introduced as a new mission type
• There will be new Mods included in addition to the Event Weapon Reward
• Sneak preview of a new melee weapon - Corpus tonfa

a5f0831f93aa20218b1e9156833a1609.png43ba07a1a68a212a3817aad11fd1187f.png

New Upcoming Deluxe Skins 
• New skins coming for Frost and Chroma
• Ash Deluxe skin will probably be released next, before Zephyr

963636c0ef012b5618c7f39f68e5159c.pngc8b1cb0991a814326aeb7794bc858b2d.png

Ash Bladestorm Update (And Deluxe Skin)
• You actively mark enemies by sweeping your mouse across enemies while holding your ult
• You can mark the same enemy multiple times to attack them more than once
• Upon release, Ash and his clones will actively attack a number of times equal to the marks placed 
• The Energy cost is determined for each mark placed, which is refunded if the enemy dies before Bladestorm is activated
• Since the ease of use and number of targets is getting a form of nerf, it will probably receive a damage buff
• Click HERE to see Rebecca experiment with the new Bladestorm
• Ash Deluxe skin will be releasing with the Bladestorm update

a7af602c14a8e4209982c2bcd9d9a5cc.png

Mission Builder Mode
• The ability to build missions will be available to Clan Warlords
• You have the ability to freely select which enemy units appear
• You can select a buddy to accompany you, like Clem
• There may be some restrictions when it launches to prevent farming rare items too easily
• Click HERE to see Rebecca experiment with mission building

0effe673fc69783c11136448b77d385b.png

New Technical Updates
• New grass physics that respond to player's movements
• Artists will be able to easily alter textures to create more varied and unique textures, even on repeated assets
• New fog effects with volumetric lighting for the shipyard tileset
• Advanced lighting that allows shafts of light to be obstructed realistically by objects
• More advanced reflections
• There's a dedicated server button coming that will allow you to host for your clanmates or general use -this will initially only be for Conclave
• These will all be optionable for players with a low-end PC
• Click HERE to see Steve show some of these effects

Liset Decoration Mode
• There is a option coming to enter a mode dedicated to Liset decoration to ease placing multiple objects
• This mode will expand to include Dojos as well
• Click HERE to see a preview of Decoration Mode

War Within Update
• The setbacks for War Within are purely creative, not technical
• There is a lot of work that's been discarded and re-written which has consumed a lot of time
• The scope is much larger than Second Dream
• No further information is offered for a release date

Other Stuff
• Cloth physics for Frost have been completed, and will be shipped soon
• Mission builder feature, Syndicate assassination feature, and the Dark Sector revamp should appeal to people looking for end-game
• Silva and Aegis will be receiving a buff soon - sword and shield weapons will receive a new mechanic that will increase power as you block attacks
• The ugly Kavat face is getting updated 

0aca7adc9c175218f13f30daa8aa428c.pngd468f8890f0b7d3e8a7235d3f8d3ca57.png

• 24 Hour Sentinel usage chart comparing before and after Vacuum Within shown below

d8ee3abf8abef8356aad621999699a33.png5e811bc0b6003581e1f64f9eb17a7512.png

Keep an eye out later today for the official overview from @[DE]Taylor

Thanks.
Pretty disappointed with Ash's Bladestorm. I expected something different but it looks like we're gonna be stuck with vomit fest forever.
And to think that nothing else aside from Bladestorm is changing... like the Smoke Shadow augment won't even scale off of range?
(sigh)... I cri...

Edited by Oranji

8 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Mission Builder Mode
• The ability to build missions will be available to Clan Warlords
• You have the ability to freely select which enemy units appear
• You can select a buddy to accompany you, like Clem
• There may be some restrictions when it launches to prevent farming rare items too easily
• Click HERE to see Rebecca experiment with mission building

This right here has got to be the part I'm most excited about...I made a suggestion a while back similar to this and I'm so happy to see this coming I can't stand myself right now heh.

I was scared about Frost Deluxe. I was hoping it'd be Aleph if anything.

I'm no longer worried. Can't wait.

Hope the weapon deluxes/armour/syandana (if any) are a bit more impressive though.

Edited by Naith

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

> The ugly Kavat face is getting updated 

Better, but still pretty ugly...I do like the "old sketch" though...

-B

Yeah, it's still pretty bad. I don't think there's anyway it can work with that lean feline body. That kind of face only works on an appropriately fuzzy, stocky body.

1 minute ago, Naith said:

I was scared about Frost Deluxe. I was hoping it'd be Aleph if anything.

I'm no longer worried. Can't wait.

Hope the weapon dexlues/armour/syandana (if any) are a bit more impressive though.

Yeah, I really like it too, will definitely get it if it turns out close to this (I think Frost P is pretty plain looking so this skin will be a welcome addition).

Just now, letir said:

How do i supposed to farm Corpus Rathuum without Ash? This is unacceptable!

ash isn't going anywhere...It does appear they're going to visit some changes to his bladestorm, which as an ash player myself I don't mind. I run ash as a soloist for all the obvious reasons and I hope that this change will give me more control over blade storm as I do not always want to wait out a long string of animations before continuing my mission,

I hope they're going to put a toggle on it, or some way to stop the attack if I need to break out of it. Hopefully they also rework shuriken too so that it will aim to cursor rather than to nearest enemy.

6 minutes ago, Babellon said:

I hope they're going to put a toggle on it, or some way to stop the attack if I need to break out of it. 

I've never played Ash, but this was my first thought too. It just sounded awkward and uncomfortable to use. Especially for console players - not sure about XBox, but I believe default PS4 controls has you activate powers by swiping on the touchpad. So what would that be? You swipe and then hold your finger on the touchpad while you struggle to move around?

2 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

I've never played Ash, but this was my first thought too. It just sounded awkward and uncomfortable to use. Especially for console players - not sure about XBox, but I believe default PS4 controls has you activate powers by swiping on the touchpad. So what would that be? You swipe and then hold your finger on the touchpad while you struggle to move around?

Yeah you use your tongue to be able to use both hand LOL

3 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

-

I always play mouse and keyboard so I can imagine controllers have their own special set of problems to overcome. There are iin fact a lot of things I do ingame that I don't know that I could do with a controller. 

4 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

by default we have 2 power activation modes. swiping the touchpad for powers, depressing it for Tenno power and holding R1+(square, triangle circle, x) for powers and R1+L1 for tenno power. its actually really simple to get used to the latter button combo rather than the swiping. i actually have my gearwheel set to my toughpad swipes