Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Builder Thoughts

GDSK-NXS

Warlord Only: I find this fitting, as the mission is playable for clan members. Maybe allowing the Warlord of an alliance to do the same for the members of all clans would be fun, for alliance events and such.

Gamemodes: I think it would be good to add assassination to the list (if it isn't already in your plans), tileset tied, of course.

Tilesets: I, for one, would be overly enjoyed if I could edit the room layout (choosing what room after what room), or choose container/zap mines/rampart/turret placement and such.

One suggestion I would add, is to let the warlord put rewards in the mission out of  their own inventory (if it isn't already a planned feature). I would be glad to give my clanmates a challenge and a fitting reward.

Another suggestion would be to add the different obstacles of Sorties into the mission setting, as to allow for "only sniper" or "eximus stronghold" and such.

That's about anything I can think of, I don't expect you to allow spawning of bosses, but if you could allow most of the codex, including Hyenas or Rathuum executioners, it would be cool.

Only problem with the reward pool from the warlord's loot is people vs loot. God knows I've got enough high end extra loot to use for this, but if I've got 3 sets of extra Tigris Prime sitting in the loot set and we've got 15+ people, that doesn't exactly pan out for everyone. I like the idea, but it needs some real work behind it. Maybe a sorties style reward pool and token system would work. That way you could run it and actually have a pick at your reward rather than play rng Russian roulette.

1 hour ago, Cortanis said:

Only problem with the reward pool from the warlord's loot is people vs loot. God knows I've got enough high end extra loot to use for this, but if I've got 3 sets of extra Tigris Prime sitting in the loot set and we've got 15+ people, that doesn't exactly pan out for everyone. I like the idea, but it needs some real work behind it. Maybe a sorties style reward pool and token system would work. That way you could run it and actually have a pick at your reward rather than play rng Russian roulette.

The problem is, what would get in the way of a warlord exploiting it? If the warlord made every reward on the pool a catalyst blueprint it's not russian roulette, it's a damn robbery.

You can also tweak enemy level and spawning, what would stop the warlord from spawning only infested crawlers level 1 and reward 2000 endo for that?

I can think of some very complex ways to safelock rewards by tiers, but it would require DE to accurately calculate the difficulty of every value they allow us to use. And even then it could be exploited.

That's mainly the reason why I thought it was easier and safer to pick them from the warlord. Also, any mission I make I know it's going to be either just for laughs or the most technical and impossible thing to do. In the first scenario, the reward would be something like ammo drum, who needs that anyways, and in the other, hell I could even give a legendary core. It would just be a "time limited mission", once the rewards run out, the mission is closed, those inside get back to their ships, those who won enjoy the rewards and everyone gets ready for the next one to come.

But that's just my take on the subject, DE never fails to surprise me (for better or worse) so I will be keeping my expectations quite low, after all, if what we saw is what we get, it's quite simple.

Still, damn, I'm a sucker for good level editors.

19 hours ago, GDSK-NXS said:

The problem is, what would get in the way of a warlord exploiting it? If the warlord made every reward on the pool a catalyst blueprint it's not russian roulette, it's a damn robbery.

If I have them in my inventory, sure I could. Only thing stopping me from just handing them out now is that I can't just trade them.

19 hours ago, GDSK-NXS said:

You can also tweak enemy level and spawning, what would stop the warlord from spawning only infested crawlers level 1 and reward 2000 endo for that?

... I can already, and have, just handed out the almost 3k worth of endo sculptures. Nothing stops me from doing so as is other than what's in my inventory, which is what we're talking about working with in the first place.

The point is that the warlord would stock the drop table for the missions, but the players would get their pick via token and first come first serve. I've got extra sets of Galatine and Tigris that I can guarantee my clan members don't have one part or another for. The salt is very real if you're getting one of the parts you've got 5+ for rather than that one Tigris BP you need.

4 hours ago, Cortanis said:

If I have them in my inventory, sure I could. Only thing stopping me from just handing them out now is that I can't just trade them.

... I can already, and have, just handed out the almost 3k worth of endo sculptures. Nothing stops me from doing so as is other than what's in my inventory, which is what we're talking about working with in the first place.

The point is that the warlord would stock the drop table for the missions, but the players would get their pick via token and first come first serve. I've got extra sets of Galatine and Tigris that I can guarantee my clan members don't have one part or another for. The salt is very real if you're getting one of the parts you've got 5+ for rather than that one Tigris BP you need.

I think you misunderstood, my examples were if it wasn't from the warlord's pockets. It is, in short, an infinite source of the given reward, and that itself helped by the lack of professional regulation is the recipe for exploits. Maybe in that context it makes more sense to you.

The second example was about pre-selected rewards, such as sortie/alert rewards, which would be KIND of easier to manage, yet most of those rewards are... pointless... And I don't speak only from a veteran perspective, any newcomer with 2 weeks of playing can most certainly do a lot more endo and credit per mission than that rewarded by alerts, and most resources are not worth a whole mission (1 of any rare resource for example), and even less now that rare resources spawn more easily (due to the new containers).

I understand what you meant, and I feel you, I too would give out my 60K endo out to my recruits if I could being I have nothing else to spend it on, and in a perfect context I would make a mildly challenging and rewarding mission.That's why I proposed warlord-pocketed rewards.

But I agree, the rewards would be insufficient, one person can't farm and give to 15+ people out of their pocket without going broke, and so I think we are back to square one.

DE has the word, and I have faith. (also damn it would've been nice to give some date or something like "after/before this or that" to get my hype going).

Is this feature not in yet?  Its part of The Wait Within?

I look forward to being able to build missions and maps.  Hopefully its not an overly complex system and is more like the Men of War GEM Editor, ive made like 25 fully functioning missions for that game using their editor.

Yuup this will be good for clan events, rank up tests and so on. but i must say alliance wide should be a thing.

BUT as a warlord i think all others should still be able to make missions like this, maybe in the simulacrum so everyone has a chance to make missions for testing purposes.

8 hours ago, erny0507 said:

I think that the mission should be level of sortie, so its not so exploited.

i believe it should be what ever you want it. They mentioned greatly decreased rewards from those missions. They are'nt there for farming. you do one of those missions for the sake of doing the mission

On 10/9/2016 at 4:00 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

Limiting the Maker to Warlords is...bad. mine hardly log on. I won't see new missions.

Meanwhile, I love making missions in games, and would make dozens...but can't.

That's...kinda dumb.

Well I mean... that's your problem if you are part of a clan with a distant warlord, you know, you can always make your own or join another one XD

On 10/10/2016 at 0:56 AM, -Ba-ikebothun said:

Yuup this will be good for clan events, rank up tests and so on. but i must say alliance wide should be a thing.

BUT as a warlord i think all others should still be able to make missions like this, maybe in the simulacrum so everyone has a chance to make missions for testing purposes.

One way to solve that issue would be to make the mission builder a percept in the rank system, so that you can assign the ability to create a mission to all the players in a certain rank, for example, the one right below warlord, or the one below it, would allow for multiple players to do it while remaining slightly above the overall player base (as I guess it's a feature not intended for self entertainment, but rather group activities).