Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need tips on hacking faster without Ciphers

(PSN)XxToxicClipz

Question

11 answers to this question

Okay, so I cobbled this together real quick. Don't make fun.

Okay, for the corpus ones, you always start with the ones around the edge with three lines. Let's give them name, call the ones with three "lines" big, 2 "lines" are medium, and 1 "line" are small.

Spoiler

1LwtcZN.jpg

So point those big ones around the edge toward the center, because they always point that way.

Spoiler

6wG0cyk.jpg

The central line of the big ones will point to to center, and there will be two that point along the edge. You can see in the picture above, that I've drawn arrows to the ones I mean. Align the medium and small ones around the edge so that all of the edge-facing branches are connected to something. Of course you should make sure that everything points roughly toward the center. In the picture above, there is a two-branch piece that faces away from the center, that one will obviously need to be turned.

Spoiler

X9Gr2Ck.jpg

Now that the edges are done, just spam-click the center one till it matches and goes away. You don't even need to recognize that it's worked, so just click really fast till you get it.

Of course it's easy to solve this in any way, but following this order will make it very fast, and prevent mistakes. If you follow this order, it is not possible to put a piece in the wrong place, every move will be guaranteed correct. Also remember that right-clicking makes them rotate the opposite way. If you can remember that, you can save some clicks.

I'll work on making a grineer guide soon.

Edited by Azrael
Forgot some arrows in first picture

Like so many said, in Corpus high level ciphers, the trick is to complete the outer ring first. It serves you well to use logic for that.

For instance, if you see a hexagon with only one link right next to a hexagon with three links, you can be certain they are gonna be switched together, because all the three links from the latter hexagon are gonna have to connect to something.

After you properly switched the outer ring, just flip the middle one constantly like you just don't care, because, at one point, it's all gonna click in.

For Grineer ones, I struggle myself. The only thing I can say helps is having pro reflexes and a decent GPU...

Quick tip for Grineer ones, try doing double taps.  this will speed things up considerably.   Once you get the hang of it, you can actually connect all 4 together to complete a cipher, but it's tricky.  Start with 1 double tap, let it rotate to other side of cipher then try another.  Then complete the final 4 as singles.  As you get better you can then start adding more double taps.

My average hack time is now down at 6s, doing highest level hacks.

On 10/8/2016 at 8:44 PM, (PS4)CAROLINA-BO55 said:

hello im having issues with spy sorties alot of  late and was wondering is it possible to get better cause im at a lost 

Of course you can get better, all it takes is practice.  So stop using ciphers no matter what mission you are doing.

Regarding the intruder mod I would recommend avoiding it.   Corpus puzzles are too easy to need more time.  With Grineer hacks those are purely a timing exercise and intruder changes the timing.  Unless you always use the mod (which you won't) then all of your practice is done at one speed and your sortie hacks at a different speed.  Its like throwing away most of your practice.  Not to mention that if you are on a countdown timer (rescue or alarmed spy vault) then making the hacks slower is a bad thing.  You are going to possibly fail because you can't hack fast enough.

One last thing on the corpus hacks make sure you are rotating the pieces both directions, taking the shortest path to correct position.  The direction you spin pieces adds significant time if you go the wrong way.