The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discount 75% - How to increase it's apperance chances?

Rokador

Question

Howdy!

I'm waiting for this discount for very long time, but since month I had 0 of those. I have 20$ to spend on this game, but I need discount for it. So is there is any way to increase discount rate? Does resetting my log-in streak increases this chance? Halp!

As someone who has lived in multiple countries of varying wealth (read: 1st world vs developing), and has a lot of friends who log in once a week, I feel as though skipping consecutive logins and living in a poorer country I was getting the most discounts. 4-5 When both were true in 9 months.

Then again, that's all just speculation. There are players out there who claim to never have seen a 75% discount since they began playing.

To all of you who says "it's RNG", how do you explain I got 4-5 in a row(in like 1,5 months)? It may be RNG normally, but if you take a long 4-5 days break, the chance is almost 100%.
So it's simple, just stop playing for some days and you'll get it. Nothing to do in this game until TWW anyway.
Every time I need a 75% I just use this method and it always works.

Edited by Tujika

5 minutes ago, Tujika said:

if you take a long 4-5 days break, the chance is almost 100%.

you_are_wrong.jpg

You just got really lucky. Taking a break from the game doesn't change the way rewards are weighted in the slightest. The only way to increase your chance for rarer drops is by getting a higher mastery rank.

38 minutes ago, Rokador said:

Howdy!

I'm waiting for this discount for very long time, but since month I had 0 of those. I have 20$ to spend on this game, but I need discount for it. So is there is any way to increase discount rate? Does resetting my log-in streak increases this chance? Halp!

raise your MR, the higher the mr, the higher chance you get a 'rare' login reward, i believe at mr 19 or 20 it's 100% for a 'rare' login reward, that'll give you the highest chances of getting a 75% discount. Other than that, pray to rng

1 hour ago, Tujika said:

To all of you who says "it's RNG", how do you explain I got 4-5 in a row(in like 1,5 months)? It may be RNG normally, but if you take a long 4-5 days break, the chance is almost 100%.
So it's simple, just stop playing for some days and you'll get it. Nothing to do in this game until TWW anyway.

I second that. Don't play for a while and the chance to get either a 75% or 50% discount as login reward goes through the roof. I made a few break in my time playing Warframe and when coming back after a few weeks I almost always got a discount coupon.

7 hours ago, Mandomness said:

you_are_wrong.jpg

You just got really lucky. Taking a break from the game doesn't change the way rewards are weighted in the slightest. The only way to increase your chance for rarer drops is by getting a higher mastery rank.

Yeah, I must be very lucky since almost 2 years huh? (sarcasm) Seriously, I'm doing this for a very long time and since I was like... mr 6-7 maybe? (That was long ago). 
But I don't care if you don't believe me, what matters is I always get 75% whenever I want it by taking a break and I'm okay with it. :)

Edit: Just got another AGAIN today, it was a 6 or 7 day break this time. :) That's 2 in 2 weeks baby. I'll swim in platinum when TWW hits.

Edited by Tujika

3 hours ago, Tujika said:

As someone who plays this game for 3 years I can confirm this.

I don't think you can increase the chances.  In my opinion, DE is stupidly shooting themselves in the foot with the rarity of the coupon.  I'll give you my experience with it.  For almost two years, I did the tricks to supposedly increase the odds of getting the 75% coupon.  Nothing.  I was going to use the coupon as soon as I got it.  Finally, after a year and nine or so months, I got the 75% coupon.  I used it immediately.  Honestly, I would have used every 75% coupon I had gotten in that time.

In the first six months of this year, I received five of the 75% coupons while logging in everyday.  I haven't used any of them.  I don't need them now.

That silly randomness kept at least a hundred dollars and probably more from DE.

Edited by Troll_Logic

3 minutes ago, Ryouhi said:

Not playing for a while and never buying plat for lower plat discounts seems to increase the odds.

May be all in my head though-

It may increase the odds, but I can guarantee that it isn't a certainty.  I can attest to that.  I would reset my login rewards at least two to three times a month.  Never got the 75% coupon until almost 2 years.

As for now, I wouldn't permanently push every login reward further away for a slight chance, if that, of a coupon that may never show.