The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate Mission Opening Cinematics?

Amistyrja

Quite the Nekros there. Not that I'm helping by lampshading that...

Talking about Nekros, what would be his entrance? And Valkyr's?

Some ideas:

Nekros - Three Grineer/Corpus/Infested are patrolling together. A vent grill drops from the ceiling, then a Terror Totem. The enemies run away, terrified, into a room without an alert console, and the door closes and locks behind them. Pan to Nekros and company.

Nekros (Alternate) - A Grineer/Corpus/Infested passes a Melee Grineer/Melee Crewman corpse. When he isn't looking the corpse comes to life via Shadows of the Dead and kills the enemy offscreen. Pan back to Nekros and company, showing two corpses ahead.

Valkyr - An empty room. A vent grill drops from the ceiling. A Ripline comes down, grabs it, and pulls it back up out of view. Valkyr and company drop from the ceiling.

Valkyr (Alternate) - Two Grineer/Corpus/Infested are patrolling. To the left Valkyr's cry is heard. The enemies run off-screen to investigate. Fighting sounds, then corpses of the enemies fly across the screen from the left. Pan back to Valkyr and company, showing the corpses ahead

• 2 months later...

Loki:

2 Grineer/Corpus are walking in a hall, one of doors open, its a escape pod room (there is a door there that is used to get out of the ship), they enter to room to investigate, the door closes behind them and the escape door opens, they are thrown in space. Camare shows Loki waving to the guys outside while beside a control panel, the rest of the squad looking outside as well.

Zephyr: 

1 squad of Grineer/Corpus walk in a room, a tornado picks them up and throws them on the walls, Zephyr is shown in the ceeling with the other Tenno, siting in the rails.

Rhino:

3 Grineer/Corpus hear a *thud* from one of the doors, they look at each another and walk there, the door is locked, then they hear a Roar, and the door fly their way and smashes them on the other side of the room, Rhino is shwon still in a punching position with the others behind him.

Mag:

2 Grineer/Corpus are patroling and then one of the arms of one of them slaps the other guy, the slaper doesnt know what happened and the slaped is angry, they start to bicker, camera shows the side of them since they are facing each another, and theres Mag with her team, a few steel pieces float up  in front of her and fly to them, we just hear the sounds of impaliment.

Booben:

A squad of Grineer/Corpus are patroling, one of them sees a suspicious "ball" on the ground, he picks it up and the rest of the squad joins him to see what he found, the ball shocks all of them and they fall dead, Booben then comes up the room looking at the ground, he is looking for something, he sees the dead squad and the Tesla, he ignores the dead enemies, he picks up the Tesla and walks back the way he came, the rest of the Tenno is right there waiting.

I will put more ideas as I come with them.

Edited by Kao-Snake

Some of them are a bit cheesy, but great job +1

Also, i have a modification to one of the alts for Nyx: 2 grineer/corpus (idk how infested should be) patrolls a corridor, suddenly one of them touches his head and the energy of mind control shows up. He then proceedes to shoot the other in the head and then himself.

Some of them are a bit cheesy, but great job +1

Also, i have a modification to one of the alts for Nyx: 2 grineer/corpus (idk how infested should be) patrolls a corridor, suddenly one of them touches his head and the energy of mind control shows up. He then proceedes to shoot the other in the head and then himself.

Shooting himself huh. I like that XD

Rhino : the camera follows and innocent guard  and then looks up to the ceiling ; you see rhino falling at  high speed ( like a titanfall) and crushing the guard with his feet, his teammates follow after kicking the remaining body parts out of the way

Edited by Deidaku

For Frost I'd like a subtle entry: just walks through the room and freezes the enemies just by walking slowly and freezing the enemies in the room.

Combi for Rhino and Frost: Frost freezes the enemies and Rhino just casts fists

Since people asked for Oberon:

2 melee enemies enter the room, camera shows in on Oberon on the other side of the room, arms crossed, it only shows the uper part of their bodies, the 2 melee enemies run to him, weapons drawn, Oberon still there with arms crossed, the enemies make a yell of pain and fall to the ground, the yelling stops. Camera is at Oberons face and starts to zoom out, his fellow Tenno are shown behind him, zooming even further out it shows his full body and the enemies dead on the ground and the ground is covered in Hallowed Ground...... He is still with his arms crossed and didnt move one bit.

............ Badass

With the addition of new tilesets, planets in particular, the inclusion of some of these intros might be problematic. (Though I did enjoy a rather funny conversation in chat one time about how a ventilation cover drops out of literally nowhere on Phobos missions is purely meant for the shock factor, 'surprising' the enemy with implausible physics.)

But in the spirit of loving the idea (and appreciating the Nekro of this thread) I do have some ideas to include the new frames.

For Oberon the intro could focus on a small group of enemies, and one of them towards the center of the group disintegrates due to Smite and its extra particles clear the room almost instantly. Or could just have a pair of enemies interacting with each other and one lifts up, looking around curiously, then slams down killing it's compatriot. Oberon and co. just sidle on by, or more professionally move onscreen (checking area, watching a doorway, etc.)

For Zephyr all I can really see is her getting shot at with the bullets ricocheting around due to Turbulence as she calmly walks towards her shooter then either kills them with her melee or grabs them and Dive Bombs. 

As a shorter, more succinct and slightly more cheeky entry, do the standard ventilation cover fall with a curious enemy onlooker coming to inspect, then from above Zephyr just Divebombs the (almost) poor unfortunate soul.

As a thought for Valkyr, a twist on Questcomm's idea of the vent much like my cheeky Zephyr, the vent drops and an enemy comes to inspect, and Ripline pulls it up and out of view, at which point Valkyr and squad drop down as normal.

Thinking further, I'd likely just enjoy having a small twist to the Vent intro depending on the Host's frame based on one if its skills (or themes). E.g. Rhino smashing the ground and an unfortunate enemy a'la Heavy Impact, Excalibro 'Slash Dashing' down onto an enemy, Frost freezing an enemy and landing on it, etc. Having that little bit with the enemy in each intro will also be a good quick before-action refresher on who exactly you're fighting, as I tend to wander between missions and sometimes get confused on Invasions. XD

Loki :  is falling from the extraction ship , switch teleports in mid air with an unsuspecting guard ; the guard falls to his death

Valkyr: Punches though a wall grabbing a guards head and smashes it against it, She breaks through the wall and her teammates make it through.

Saryn ; 2 enemies are patrolling an area; they hear something like a gas pipe exploding , they go check the noise, they start suffocating because of poisonous gas , saryn emerges from the shadows

Nyx : A group of guards are on standby. One of them starts going crazy , shoots in every direction , killing a few other enemies and hitting an explosive barrel. Nyx Emerges from the hole made in the wall with the other frames